The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There are no prime beam weapons

So me and my friends were just talking about what the next prime weapons when I hit up on something. There are no really interesting prime weapons. Let me expand on that... The next prime primary and secondary are more than likely going to be hit scan weapons without any gimmicks or a bow. There is no simulor prime(Not beam but interesting), no phage prime(beam shotgun), no amprex prime(Meta and beam weapon), no opticor prime, no pox prime, and finally why is there no ignis prime? The closest to a interesting (interesting meaning "with a unique mode of firing that would expand on it's possible uses and overall fun) prime weapon you could probably get is the Ballistica prime which while it is interesting... the base version has no gimmick and it is to my knowledge the only weapon where the prime version has a extra that is that weird so I would call it a rare exception... the tiberon and pyrana just change stats really and don't make me want a prime for anything but the looks ya know?

I get that the prisma, wraith, mara, and vandal sets are suppose to compliment the primes but that is not to say that there is no overlap there. The lato and braton have vandals and the latron has a wraith... all of which hit scan without any cool effects...

Spoiler

Full auto/burst/semi primes:
1. Braton

2. Burstion

3.Boltor

4.Latron

5.Soma

6.Tiberon(Worst offender? I personally love the gun but I do that cause of the looks)

7.Vectis

8.Akbolto

9.Aklex

10.Akstiletto

11.Euphona

12.Pyrana

13.sicarus

14. Boar

15.Akbronco

16. Lato

Bows:

1.Paris

2.Cernos

3. Balistica

The rest:

1.Tigris(Arguably should be in the first section as a hit scan burst)

2.Sybaris(^^)

3.Hikou(Arguably should be considered a projectile based full auto)

4.Spira(^^).

I get that you could argue that all weapons fit the classification of full auto, burst, or semi auto but expanding the meaning of those doesn't really change that out of our 26 prime primaries/Secondaries 8 of our primes are just assault rifles, 6 are shotguns, 3 are bows, and 2 are thrown... the extra 7 are just pistols with different stats. 

And if that doesn't convince you let me point a few things out. No primes can use fulmination or firestorm cause there are none that are explosive naturally actually... aside from the boltor they all use IPS and the boltor is just IP not even an element. As the title says none are beam weapons, and none are like the castanas where they leave a thing to detonate later. No primes are fun due to irony like the nukor having good crit damage and low crit chance. Actually I can't see a reason to own any prime weapon cause, excluding good dps, none look fun... and owning all but the lato and skana prime I look back and I can't say use any of them but the tigris prime for damage. You can make a case that the Cernos, pyrana, and balistica are newer and that they are going in a good direction but it is going slow in that case... 

Just why can't we have a atmos prime? A arca plasmor prime? Corinth prime? Buzlok prime(like seriously this is the one to be primed if you ask me)? Galaxion prime? Lenz, ogris, tetra, Mutalist cernos, quanta, staticor, nukor, panthera/miter, or angstrum prime? The type of weapons I want to use in spite of meh stats at times.

Maybe it will be with chroma prime... but if you still disagree with me that's fine. Just know that it is a very real possibility that the data mined akjagara prime is the only type of weapons that get primed. The weapons that are only good cause the stats don't suck.

From the developers side I can see where having weapons that look good, hit hard, and are easy to use are more profitable but I can't understand why we don't have more pyrana primes in that case...whatever, I guess it helps me earn plat knowing that I can buy rivens for weapons like the Karak and furis and know that they will likely get a prime.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlindKnight118 said:

Neither was Valkyr but they wanted her.

... and now you sound like you know even less about Warframe lore.

Valkyr is an Orokin-originated Warframe.

And there currently are no Tenno-made or Orokin-made beam weapons.

I hate when people bring up that Valkyr Prime breaks lore, when she really doesn't at all. And in your case it really doesnt work, beacuse all Warframes are tenno based, and There for can have a prime. Where as the weapons you stated aren't tenno based, and can there for not have a prime variant.

I'll admit I knee jerk reacted to the quote but still, no talons or castanas. No panthera?

There's still a massive backlog of weapons that can be primed.  The reason some were skipped over was because more Tenno weapons were releasing than PA could keep up with.  Since lately we've not been getting as many weapons released due to Open World areas (and fewer Tenno weapons as a result) PA can start to catch back up.

Also take note, most beam weapons aren't orokin made, opticor was made by the corpus, atmos by the grineer, but noy just that, the orokin preffered to fight with both blade and gun, and i didn't see something like lasers or beam weapons being used by the orokin

15 minutes ago, (PS4)BlindKnight118 said:

You should probably check up on the lore since your incorrect.

For your question as to why there is no prime beam weapon in the game, well because there is no Tenno beam made that’s currently in the game, once there is one, then it will be primed.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

I am seeing a lot of the same stuff. People pointing out that corpus weapons can't be primed and that valkyr isn't corpus but as Gamma745 pointed out why not? Especially when the panthera has a floating saw blade... I also agree with starfreak911 that they have a large amount of work to do. That and I know about valkyr and as I pointed out in like the next post I just reacted cause to be honest I never get any replies to my posts so it is sorta new to me and it hit home that Kazzamo made a good point but it still doesn't quite explain no castanas cause those have been around... they already have a sancti and all that. (So does tigris too)

9 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

Why can't a corpus weapon be primed? Tenno copied orokin weapons to make their own, so why would Corpus not do so too from time to time. I mean, they did it with Helios. Why not with weapons?

Helios was never corpus. It just adapted to look like a part of the corpus faction. Sentinels are just benign sentients.

11 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

Why can't a corpus weapon be primed? Tenno copied orokin weapons to make their own, so why would Corpus not do so too from time to time. I mean, they did it with Helios. Why not with weapons?

Because Helios is Orokin-design. Corpus just dug it up somewhere and reverse-engineer it.

Not the same with weapons since they are designed and manufactured by Corpus.

Well there really isn't a reason there can't be a prime beam weapon (and I think DE should get around to making one) but I think the hurdle for right now is that no current tenno weapon is a beam weapon. Not that they couldn't just make a prime weapon without a tenno variant as they have sort of already done it before with Reaper and Dakra (there are some debates on the weapons they might be related to).

Its been a long time but I believe the Fusion Moa event was the result of orokin technology being applied to corpus moa proxies. Fusion Moas have beam weaponry. There are all kinds of beams in Orokin tilesets/maps (Void/Lua/Derelicts). Its there but not being capitalized on.

22 minutes ago, _xci_ said:

Not the same with weapons since they are designed and manufactured by Corpus.

Why couldn't Glaxion or some other weapons be reverse engineered Orokin designs too? I'm not really into lore, so if there is a confirmation, that all corpus weapons are 100% corpus design, please tell me.

46 minutes ago, ZodiacShinryu said:

Not that they couldn't just make a prime weapon without a tenno variant as they have sort of already done it before with Reaper and Dakra (there are some debates on the weapons they might be related to).

Half of my thoughts as well. Maybe it's because there are still plenty of existing weapons that people asked for a Prime version?

1 hour ago, Oru5732 said:

Why couldn't Glaxion or some other weapons be reverse engineered Orokin designs too? I'm not really into lore, so if there is a confirmation, that all corpus weapons are 100% corpus design, please tell me.

The prime weapons are the original Orokin design so since the corpus make their own weapons, there won’t be primed. Though DE could probably make a primed opticor and say the corpus dug it up and took inspiration from it. 

prime versions arent interesting? venka prime? cernos prime? pyrana prime? euphona prime? tiberon prime doesnt only has stat changes either, it has three different fire modes. there are quite an amount of prime weapons with gimmicks.