The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does loot detection affect mining?

Vidsurfer555

With the Venus Update coming and map being 4 times as large farming for resources will be a little more difficult. Will mods like thief's wit, animal instinct, and loot detector help in finding mineral deposits or will there be a specific mod that will come out with that Update. I say this because in previous Devstreams, Steve has said that there will be and expansion/improvements in the current systems that were introduced in Plains of Eidolon.

Not sure tbh, I know enemy radar doesn't extend any further than normal maps on the plains so it's likely no different with loot radar.  (obviously mean when the mining tool is active)

I will agree that it would be nice to get 'extended' range on places like PoE and fortuna when it gets here because on PoE I can hear the enemies and see the enemies before the radar picks up on them.

In regards to loot radar, it would be nice if that shows up condrocs etc as well. 

Edited by LSG501

Possibly if the system gets overhauled a bit, but they aren't really normal drops at the moment, and the mining laser already has the feature (also expect to get more upgraded mining lasers with more range among other things).

Edited by rapt0rman

10 minutes ago, Vidsurfer555 said:

With the Venus Update coming and map being 4 times as large farming for resources will be a little more difficult.

Why should that be the case, by the way? The map could be 4 times as large and there could be a rock to be farmed every single meter, making it much easier.

Anyway, it sounds like you're asking for something that we already have. So probably no, the devs aren't going to give us something twice.