Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban-Where too much CC is a bad thing.

Buzkyl

I don't think Vauban is the worse frame but his kit focuses far too much on CCing the enemy than killing the enemy or providing tangible utility. Vauban has atleast 5 different ways to incapacitate an enemy where for the majority of most encounters, 1-2 methods is enough. This leaves most of his kit feeling lackluster as they all attempt to do the same thing, incapcitate the enemy. While Minelayer attempts to porivde utlity to his kit,it's execution leaves it very lacking

This is a discussion on the Vauban's current kit and how it could be refreshed to provide more utility.

1.Tesla-Tesla is a fire and forget skill that is unsure of it's roll within Vauban's kit, as a damage skill it is hindered by electrical damage and low base damage. As  CC skill it requires charging to atleast be viable. It requires multiple cast to be decent. 

Solution-There's 2 possible ways we can alow Tesla to be a better kit to serve Vauban

1. Damage oriented buff-Vauban can shoot Tesla to boost Tesla damage up to a cap based on Power Strentgh. Charged Teslas have increase % to chain damage  to nearby enemies.
  2. The Arc Trap-Tesla base status chance is increase to 50% (affected by Power strength). Charged Teslas are able to strike multiple enemies at once.

2.Minelayer-This skill could  be Vauban's bread and butter, there's alot of untapped utlity this  one skill could provide. However it's utility is either outdated, too short ot made reduadant by other skills.

1. Bounce: Problem: As parkour skill it is heavily outdated, with Parkour 2.0 allowing all frames to bullet jump, bounce lost alot of it's utlity as a mobility tool. Solution- Bounce provides a temporary parkour buff to allies that walk over it, Parkour Manuevers perfomed while on bounce gain increased velocity. It's current effect on enemies can remain.
  2. Shred- Problem: Being able to strip armor is very useful for Vauban, however it's duaration is too short (4s) to be of signifigance. Solution-Buff armor strip debuff to 10s at base.
  3. Tripwire- Problem: Tripping enemies serves no purpose aside to from to see them fall down. Solution: Tripped enemies have a 50% of dropping thier weapons. If another minelayer grenaded is added ontop of a trip laser, thier effect is added onto the lazer. Example: Trip laser+Concuss-Tripped enemies  are Rad procced+deafend, Trip+Shred-Tripped enemies suffer armor Debuff.
  4. Concuss-I have no issue with the skill. Radiation procs are great ulity that can't be underestimated. 

3.Vortex-Vortex is an okay skill but generally overshadowed by Bastille for general play. Enemies caught in Bastille will rarely be affected by vortex due to Bastille's AoE

Solution

• If an enemy is caught in Vortex,. Vortex will draw nearby incoming gunfire into the Vortex to damage said enemy.
  • If Vortex is placed inside a Bastille, Vortex will attempt to pull all enemys caught inside that Bastille.

This allows Vortex as a way to protect vauban from gunfire by usuing his enemies as a shield as well as a providing additional synergy.

In closing a summary of my proposed changes

• Have Tesla function like an arc trap or  allow Vauban to to shoot Tesla for it to deal more damage.
  • Bounce No provides a parkour buff to allies instead of bouncing them up. Parkour manuversd performed on Bouce have quicker velocity..
  • Shred's Debuff is 10s at base (up from 4).
  • Tripwire now can cause tripped enemies to drop thier weapon. All can gain effect of other Minelayer greandes.
  • Vortex will now draw enemy fire if an enemy is inside it. If placed inside a bastile it will pull all enemies caught inside Bastile.

I'm still fairly new to this game and only started playing with Vob (as I affectionately call him) for the last couple days.  I can definitely see some of the lost potential in this frame that some others have been commenting on.  To me it seems as if all of his traps are nice, but the 1 and 2 could definitely do a bit more damage.  I think it's really fun putting traps all over the place but if I'm doing solo runs with lots of baddies there is nothing to fall back on if I'm overwhelmed.  I wonder if the developers meant for his 1 and 2 abilities to be used in combos and maybe I'm not quick in picking that up.  I think he's a blast to play regardless of his faults, but, yeah.