Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leechers are getting bold.

Joe_Barbarian

Jumped into ESO, get this from a Limbo player, built for minimal range, presses 4, does nothing. Gets called out, replies with this:

P4tLIhc.png

Digital Extremes, I beg of you to make reporting players in game a thing I am NOT ASKING for a kick feature, I'm asking to make reporting scum like this to be simplified. Filing a ticket against these types of people should not take away from my time of playing Warframe.

Sincerely,

The part of the player base that condems Leeching. (Missed a word my bad)

Inb4 the following:

• DE SAID NO KICK FEATURE
  • BUT IF THE GAME WASN'T BUILT AROUND LEECHING
  • WHY YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY LEECHING

Edit: My thoughts on how an automated report system would work

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
Added Hyperlink

I very much agree with the fact that there should be some form of reporting in-game, if we wanting to report someone can do that ingame instead of having to go all the way to the tickets and go through all that, wait for days for a response or something. taking so much time from playing the actual game. 

Please DE, as he said. No kick feature. but the very least a reporting system

The difficult part would be in catching players for their in-game actions. See, it's easy to keep a chatlog, but it's not so easy to catch somebody AFKing, or using bad and unupgraded weapons to leech MR. Recording entire missions and checking them over for troll behavior (saving every mod on every weapon along with the RNG seed and everything) would be unreasonable.

So, if it's just text reports, then for all DE knows, the Ember with a pre-30 Harpak sitting next to the objective and doing almost nothing could be a troll. A Limbo player might get spammed with reports for repeatedly Banishing people, so it's clearly a troll.

Thing is, that Ember could just be using her 4 in a lazy manner and has a ton of Formas and a crazy riven for that Harpak. The Limbo might actually have been healing everybody with his 1 using the augment, but the reporting players never noticed their healthbars pre-heal and just failed to appreciate it.

So even though I would love to report everybody who brings Ignis Wraith and/or Saryn into a Radiation Hazard sortie, whatever reporting system DE gets is not going to be a perfectly effective system.

I believe having to go through support to report a player is intended. Simply right clicking a name to report someone is too easy and open to abuse, like say if a butthurt moron decides to report someone for getting more kills than them. If a player is willing to go way out of their way to report someone then, in theory, they have a good reason.

In my experience they respond to these types of tickets fairly quickly.

First off going to write my opinion and observation on situation with limbo and general players.

Starting first with detail review comments from redit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/96ai1z/hating_on_limbo/

Now after you read that my personal experience with playing Limbo.Yesterday i hate a guy we just started mission he started being toxic towards me using LImbo. Personally i do not give 5cent about his mental breakdowns.First off its like in real life if you have issue example ( having child playing music around 2am at night and you bothered by it cant sleep see a doctor) that being said.People have today issues and mental emotional breakdowns for psychological problems and there is no word or sugar coating it that you have problem.

As for the Limbo hate the player made joke with you and you took it wrong.First off he had low range and duration why if you read reddit post from some comments from our elitist fanatics you will get why he used that build.And he was being funny joking about it cause he probably had bad experience with LImbo playing and people commenting on his gameplay build he used.

Now quoting:kino00100Tenno skoom!8 points·3 days agoI have a way of it where I build for massive negative range and plus duration. That way my cata is just a cute little bubble that sits right on the point, and you can just kill whoever get's caught in it.

You can see just from this 1 comment one person posted and Limbo player daily experiences still hate and gets thrown in face arguments.How to play the game their way instead of how he wants to play.People get feed up at end of the day and start to have fun but you have people like you who have some emotional issues and are not informed whats going on.And get all emotional and rage and starts finger pointing.

What makes me wonder when the hell is this endless hate circle going to stop in online games.

Edited by Elghinyr

Making it an in game report would mean nobody would get banned for it. Because the support team would get tired of reviewing salty people's reports for "leeching". You going through the hoops to submit a ticket makes the reviewers think "Oh this person might actually be serious".

Problem is a lot of people don't or can't differentiate between a low Total Damage % and Leeching.

Hell for some people leeching is just doing something they "don't like". I once had someone call me a leech on a Sortie assassinate because I left them waiting at Extraction while I finished up a Convergence Orb because they left me to bleed out in the boss room after I (more than likely) got the killing blow while downed. No enemies around, just left me...... any guess who was 43% of our groups total damage (with all of 12 kills) and did the bulk of the actual boss killing (not to mention I rezed their Companion) ? Not them, that's for sure. But clearly according to them I'm the "leech" 

Best 2k Focus ever BTW ❤️

27 minutes ago, Rhino-netlost said:

So even though I would love to report everybody who brings Ignis Wraith and/or Saryn into a Radiation Hazard sortie, whatever reporting system DE gets is not going to be a perfectly effective system.

Any Report Leeching option would need to forward truncated telemetry from the game in question. 

They actually might even be able to script something that when presented with an "overview" of the game in its totality could help to pass/fail leeching claims. Only having the tests that came through as "positive" for leeching end up being reviewed by an actual person. 

It wouldn't be easy and it would likely mean a massive increase in workload even if they had some form of advanced (like really advanced) pre-filter. 

Edited by Oreades

25 minutes ago, Elghinyr said:

First off going to write my opinion and observation on situation with limbo and general players.

Starting first with detail review comments from redit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/96ai1z/hating_on_limbo/

Now after you read that my personal experience with playing Limbo.Yesterday i hate a guy we just started mission he started being toxic towards me using LImbo. Personally i do not give 5cent about his mental breakdowns.First off its like in real life if you have issue example ( having child playing music around 2am at night and you bothered by it cant sleep see a doctor) that being said.People have today issues and mental emotional breakdowns for psychological problems and there is no word or sugar coating it that you have problem.

As for the Limbo hate the player made joke with you and you took it wrong.First off he had low range and duration why if you read reddit post from some comments from our elitist fanatics you will get why he used that build.And he was being funny joking about it cause he probably had bad experience with LImbo playing and people commenting on his gameplay build he used.

Now quoting:kino00100Tenno skoom!8 points·3 days agoI have a way of it where I build for massive negative range and plus duration. That way my cata is just a cute little bubble that sits right on the point, and you can just kill whoever get's caught in it.

You can see just from this 1 comment one person posted and Limbo player daily experiences still hate and gets thrown in face arguments.How to play the game their way instead of how he wants to play.People get feed up at end of the day and start to have fun but you have people like you who have some emotional issues and are not informed whats going on.And get all emotional and rage and starts finger pointing.

What makes me wonder when the hell is this endless hate circle going to stop in online games.

The limbo player didn't make a joke, he was legitimately leeching, he had 0% damage, 1 kill after a full 2mins 30s in the first zone. He was leeching.

Don't try and make this thread a "boo hoo limbo cry cry" I don't care if you're a Limbo, Loki, Ivara or any frame that cloaks up and uses silly excuses to let everyone else all the leg work. Hell i've seen so many Trinity players come in and actually do some damage even if it's just 1-3% as long as they are pressing 2 and using blessing to stop toxic damage killing people I'll happily step up my game because they enable me to.

So please get out with your pity poor me party and keep that to your own thread. 

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Yeah sorry, was posting in another thread. My bad.

Actually... there was this thread a while ago that WAS condoning leeching behaviour....

19 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

You could also poll the audience

The Audience says just judging by the raw DPS/Kills all you can really tell is that the 77% was probably on a nuke frame or had some srsly kitted out weapons. 

The low total kill count would imply it was probably something like an exterminate or maybe the team folded at wave 5. Tho I would think even a low level defense would have more than 174 enemies by wave 5. Really leaning towards exterminate. 

Given the tryhard factor involved its quite possible that 1 kill on the 0% was literally the only enemy they even saw that whole run. 

Tho I rather think that's the point, you can't tell much by the end of round stats especially when they are that blatantly skewed. 

The Audience needs more information. 

Edited by Oreades

8 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The Audience says just judging by the raw DPS/Kills all you can really tell is that the 77% was probably on a nuke frame or had some srsly kitted out weapons. 

The low total kill count would imply it was probably something like an exterminate or maybe the team folded at wave 5. 

Given the tryhard factor involved its quite possible that 1 kill on the 0% was literally the only enemy they even saw that whole run. 

Tho I rather think that's the point, you can't tell much by the end of round stats especially when they are that blatantly skewed. 

hey, go participate in another game show, this one is mine 

1 hour ago, Rhino-netlost said:

The difficult part would be in catching players for their in-game actions. See, it's easy to keep a chatlog, but it's not so easy to catch somebody AFKing, or using bad and unupgraded weapons to leech MR. Recording entire missions and checking them over for troll behavior (saving every mod on every weapon along with the RNG seed and everything) would be unreasonable.

So, if it's just text reports, then for all DE knows, the Ember with a pre-30 Harpak sitting next to the objective and doing almost nothing could be a troll. A Limbo player might get spammed with reports for repeatedly Banishing people, so it's clearly a troll.

Thing is, that Ember could just be using her 4 in a lazy manner and has a ton of Formas and a crazy riven for that Harpak. The Limbo might actually have been healing everybody with his 1 using the augment, but the reporting players never noticed their healthbars pre-heal and just failed to appreciate it.

Is this behavior more common on PC than console? Like, people doing something in another window and barely doing anything in game? 

I've seen the ol' "hurr durr i'm gonna fish/mine while you guys do bounties in PoE hurr durr" thing a few times but things like OP, I haven't seen much of that.

I've seen noobs basically throw empty plastic cups around, but I mean, that's not leeching that's just under-geared noobs.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Is this behavior more common on PC than console? Like, people doing something in another window and barely doing anything in game? 

I've seen the ol' "hurr durr i'm gonna fish/mine while you guys do bounties in PoE hurr durr" thing a few times but things like OP, I haven't seen much of that.

I've seen noobs basically throw empty plastic cups around, but I mean, that's not leeching that's just under-geared noobs.

He literally announced that he was going to leech, his stats after 2m 30s reflected that. This is fairly common, I'd say maybe 1 of 3 ESO runs I do I see someone behaving exactly the same, the frames may change but the behaviour doesn't. Mind you the person who did this was MR19, I expect he knew exactly what he was doing (or lack of)

10 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

He literally announced that he was going to leech, his stats after 2m 30s reflected that. This is fairly common, I'd say maybe 1 of 3 ESO runs I do I see someone behaving exactly the same, the frames may change but the behaviour doesn't. Mind you the person who did this was MR19, I expect he knew exactly what he was doing (or lack of)

S-so it wasn't an exterminate? and I don't get to trade the boat for the mystery prize that could be anything even a boat? 😞

What if... (GASP) you left the game and found another?

Yeah it would be mildly annoying, but anyone of normal mental fortitude would forget about it in a matter of seconds.

Just leave the game. Or use a frame capable of annoying people where leechers usually go... like Loki. Keep switch teleporting them