Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains suggestion: draw health from caught fish.

MysticDragonMage

15 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I'm not against this idea in general but if new player really do need such "improvements" they better learn how to evade.

Imo it's really simple: if you can't survive you have to get better, either by mods or by skill (best would be both)

not that i disagree with that either, but i think the option to draw health from fish would make the plains feel more welcoming to new players. using options like life strike or healing focused frames would still be "the best" way to survive on the plains (i dont see myself using fish to get health when i have Oberon or life-strike.) i think its more healthier for them to discover that there are better options other than fishing for health later on rather than make it feel like they are forced to use these options; thus forcing them to postpone their adventures on the plains (i know i had to).

applying skill doesn't really matter because without some form of health income, players will eventually run low on revives with all of the status effects and AI lock-on/range.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

8 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

i never said they would eat them.

I know that, but think about this. What are the current ways to heal in the game? Modifications, energy pads, arcanes etc. If you take a look at these items from a lore perspective, what do they look like? It is mostly technology. That is because it lines up with the lore. 

Now for your idea about fishes, how would that fit in to the game lore? The devs seem to always have some lore behind everything placed and I would like to hear how you would explain fishes healing Warframes. 

Edited by ShinTechG

11 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

I know that, but think about this. What are the current ways to heal in the game? Modifications, energy pads, arcanes etc. If you take a look at these items from a lore perspective, what do they look like? It is mostly technology. That is because it lines up with the lore. 

Now for your idea about fishes, how would that fit in to the game lore? The devs seem to always have some lore behind everything placed and I would like to hear how you would explain fishes healing Warframes. 

healing orbs are dropped by infested.

10 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

uhh, Warframes are...*Insert Sacrifice Spoiler*

i've played the sacrifice. also this is similar to your first point which i responded with "infested drop energy orbs."

specifically infested because they are made of flesh. same goes for wild kubrows on earth and just about all wildlife on the plains. to my point, i've proved that not all healing income is from technology.

explain to me how health orbs are "drawn" from kubrows or infested? if you can answer that, then you'll answer your own questions. simple.

15 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

i've played the sacrifice. also this is similar to your first point which i responded with "infested drop energy orbs."

specifically infested because they are made of flesh. same goes for wild kubrows on earth and just about all wildlife on the plains. to my point, i've proved that not all healing income is from technology.

explain to me how health orbs are "drawn" from kubrows or infested? if you can answer that, then you'll answer your own questions. simple.

I understand your point of view. That was not the last question I asked you. I said "I would like to hear how you would explain fishes healing Warframes." I guess I should have been more clear. What I want is to hear your idea of the process of how exactly it would work. Ideas are great all day, but implementation is different. Are health orbs immediately consumed on catching? Are the fish equipped as gear items to "consume"?... 

9 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

I understand your point of view. That was not the last question I asked you. I said "I would like to hear how you would explain fishes healing Warframes." I guess I should have been more clear. What I want is to hear your idea of the process of how exactly it would work. Ideas are great all day, but implementation is different. Are health orbs immediately consumed on catching? Are the fish equipped as gear items to "consume"?... 

then i will explain.

once you have caught a fish, you would have two options. one is to continue, placing the fish in your inventory. the other option i'm suggestion is to draw health from the fish caught, not placing it in your inventory, which is the risk for the reward. once this option is selected, the fish will die and a health orb spawns to be picked up by the player.

what i assumed is that you wanted me to go into extreme detail, creating lore and explaining how warframes can suddenly "eat" fish. i found your first comment very rude, and i got the wrong idea, but you must understand that you basically left me with nothing to go on in that comment except with what i responded with.

1 minute ago, MysticDragonMage said:

then i will explain.

once you have caught a fish, you would have two options. one is to continue, placing the fish in your inventory. the other option i'm suggestion is to draw health from the fish caught, not placing it in your inventory, which is the risk for the reward. once this option is selected, the fish will die and a health orb spawns to be picked up by the player.

what i assumed is that you wanted me to go into extreme detail, creating lore and explaining how warframes can suddenly "eat" fish. i found your first comment very rude, and i got the wrong idea, but you must understand that you basically left me with nothing to go on in that comment except with what i responded with.

Ah ok got ya. Yeah, my first comment wasn't meant to be rude in any way. Sorry if it came off that way 🙂