The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decoy is over rewarding

----Legacy----

Plain and simple, for the small amount of 25 energy, loki can deploy a turret using whatever is the user's primary weapon with reduced damage (which is not enough damage reduction when mixed with certain weapons that already deal low damage per shot and rely mostly on fire rate instead) which also has the ability to trigger status effects, allowing the user to have both, a turret using an utility weapon with aimbot accuracy + the user spraying low ttk weapons against enemies affected by status procs. 

I'd suggest to fix this by removing completely decoy's ability to trigger status procs on enemies and by also changing decoy to deal 1dps no matter the weapon being used. It's all under the assumption that it's a decoy meant to distract the enemy and make it split attention, not a utility turret, let alone one meant to play better than the actual player which is currently the scenario seen on most players using loki in conclave.

Kinda wish this is how Decoy worked in PvE.

Or the fact that it can get hit at all by enemies, being complete tissue paper when it's a hologram is beyond me.

On Topic:
Back when I used to play Conclave, I used to see other Loki players running around with Glaxions, Ignis Wraith or any other AoE weapon with their decoys. It is kind of annoying if you factor in everything, because they don't need to really do anything and can easily widdle down a player's shields to make a quick kill with their secondary.

Also,
Conclave in general is under-rewarding... There I said it.
Come at me.

9 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Kinda wish this is how Decoy worked in PvE.

Or the fact that it can get hit at all by enemies, being complete tissue paper when it's a hologram is beyond me.

I'd love that as well, hell, PvE decoy should deal a % of the primary weapon damage which is affected by power strenght to make that stat have some relevance in loki. The hologram could stay to prevent confusing allies.

On Topic:
Back when I used to play Conclave, I used to see other Loki players running around with Glaxions, Ignis Wraith or any other AoE weapon with their decoys. It is kind of annoying if you factor in everything, because they don't need to really do anything and can easily widdle down a player's shields to make a quick kill with their secondary.

That's what i'm talking about. Decoy + glaxion will slow enemies enough to make them easy kills for most secondaries while with ignis it will at least add another blinding light and can set enemies close enough to it, either because they got too close or because the user put the decoy in the right place.

Also,
Conclave in general is under-rewarding... There I said it.
Come at me.

Conclave rewards are meh, and you can be sure that the day DE adds anything worth to pve is the day this community starts throwing even more tantrums about how they want access to pvp rewards but without "being forced" to play pvp because muh fashionframe is muh endgame and collectionists are hurt and whatever they can come up with in an attempt to bypass conclave.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎14 at 7:30 PM, ----Legacy---- said:

Plain and simple, for the small amount of 25 energy, loki can deploy a turret using whatever is the user's primary weapon with reduced damage (which is not enough damage reduction when mixed with certain weapons that already deal low damage per shot and rely mostly on fire rate instead) which also has the ability to trigger status effects, allowing the user to have both, a turret using an utility weapon with aimbot accuracy + the user spraying low ttk weapons against enemies affected by status procs. 

I'd suggest to fix this by removing completely decoy's ability to trigger status procs on enemies and by also changing decoy to deal 1dps no matter the weapon being used. It's all under the assumption that it's a decoy meant to distract the enemy and make it split attention, not a utility turret, let alone one meant to play better than the actual player which is currently the scenario seen on most players using loki in conclave.

i agree. 25 en for the strongest first ability in cc. lol

Baza with it's 16 shots pers sec. doing 1 damage per shot BUT having perfect aim on Decoy MELTS everything in few seconds. It is hit scan so you can NOT dodge bullets, it has good range (unlike ignis) and has almost no recoil or spread = enemies of such Loki must run away from room with decoy or destroy it, both things will make them ignore true Loki, which in many cases will make tham dead. So it is indeed strongest 25 energy ability IF paired with specific gun.

• Like 1

On 2018-08-15 at 1:30 AM, ----Legacy---- said:

The Decoy should be under mag seize restriction too. Right now its ignoring that factor completely and is just spraying its way through.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump! Just went against a player who kept abusing this broken ability and managed to get 30 kills in a lobby with nothing but inexperienced players. As can be seen in the picture, nobody managed to get even 1/3 of his kills.

As can be seen in this other picture, the player threw around 21 decoys during the match (take a few since he was using another warframe when the match started)

I don't mind being killed by a player even if they use broken gear or other stuff i don't have since these have counterplay, but seeing an accurate turret using what seems to be a bugged weapon kill you and die shortly after is rather frustrating, and even more if it's by a player who either could still have won in any other way or by one of those who rely completely on the decoy to at least do something.

https://i.imgur.com/hNFaqPK.mp4

I'm not sure of how to embed videos, but the clip linked above shows what it looks like to be killed by a decoy (basically the player kills you and all you see is a turret standing or shooting at someone else and then dying, while you keep seeing its corpse)

Hopefully the ability gets fixed at some point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-04 at 6:34 PM, (XB1)Dark SaIvation said:

This is crap. Loki is becoming more of a issue you have to choice but to run from snipertron loki spam

Oh, I have to try it out.

But really.. DE please nerf Decoy... it is way too strong with Baza and such.

When I see Lokis Decoy I jump out of that room. Stay = dead. New players simply can't do that or don't even know about how much dps can this Thing deal.