Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenshin nikanas

(XBOX)Lmacncheese

20 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

daisho is a set of a long and a short blade... 

the main suggestion was a set of two long blades if i understand it correct...

As much as two identical blades are used in media, the style is completely useless, the two variants of dual wielding in combat that I commonly see are either having both hand do the same thing, or have one hand serve as a distraction and the other as the main attack, both are weakened by identical blades, as a shorter blade reduces the chances of you hitting your blades together, and can be concealed for sneak attacks better.

But heck if DE cares, the kusarigama is completely wrong, nunchaku are wrong, staffs are wrong, the dragon kick can't happen from falling, and archery has some bad points. I just really want some more historical accuracy instead of the ohh ninja thing they have going on, it worked before, but the tone has shifted dramatically to more serious matters, and the weapons should fit that.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb midtarget:

As much as two identical blades are used in media, the style is completely useless, the two variants of dual wielding in combat that I commonly see are either having both hand do the same thing, or have one hand serve as a distraction and the other as the main attack, both are weakened by identical blades, as a shorter blade reduces the chances of you hitting your blades together, and can be concealed for sneak attacks better.

thats not the point... initial description was dual nikana, which is not long-short.

beside, you miss some points.. first of all a katana isn't a long blade. its blade is round 60 to 75cm long (nagasa), which made it shorter than european models. the handle(or tsuka) is longer, so you grip is essential diffrent. it's not that hard to fight with two katanas instead of 2 longswords.

another diffrence are medium blades like kodachi, which is essential a two blade style weapon.....

or outside japan, have a look at krabi krabong, also two handed bladestyles with 2 sabres(krabi) which are simmilary length to a kodachi or short katana.

and last: this isn't a game of historically accuracy..  first of all it's sci-fi, not history.... second it's fantasy, not historical....