Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recent skins, textures and armour sets

Technomole

Before I begin, I want to say a massive thank you to the artists at DE for releasing a steady stream of amazing looking skins! All the recent skins look simply stunning, even if I personally do not use some of them I can appreciate the hard work that went into them.

With that said, there are a couple of things that I want to get something off my chest that's been bugging me for a while.

Some of the recent skins have all come with, what I would label, excessive metallic textures, most of which do not match any (or very few) armour sets or syndanas. This causes mismatched textures/colourings that at best look weird, and at worst downright stupid.

Along the same lines, some recent skins (Octavia Maestro, Inaros Ramses, Mesa Presido, Nidus Phryke and Vauban Citadel to name a few), all look absolutely beautiful, but if you try and add armour pieces to some or all limbs the aesthetic is lost and the armour looks like it's been thrown on and held in place by sticky tape, completely ruining the look of the skin.

Vauban Citadel and Nidus Phryke are the two latest examples. Two stunning skins that not a single armour piece looks good on as it ruins the overall look and feel of the skin.

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion, the Vauban Citadel skin is the best looking skin in the game right now but trying to add anything to it makes it look like trash.

I know art is subjective and I appreciate everyone has their own tastes but mismatched textures, colourings, and accessories that fit in weird places to me just look awful.

Solutions? I don't know. I can make some suggestions but I don't know how feasible they would be.

Things like a texture picker (similar to the colour picker) or slider to adjust the shininess of that channel?

The ability to adjust the placement of armour pieces, similar to melee weapons, or maybe adjust the scale if they can't be moved?

That's all I have. I know this is very much a first world problem and we are indeed privileged to have so many awesome customisations available. I just think it's a shame that so many of them are incompatible.

Thank you for reading, and thank you again to all the artists at DE for the hard work and amazing things you guys come up with!.

37 minutes ago, Arrcee said:

Things like a texture picker (similar to the colour picker) or slider to adjust the shininess of that channel?

The ability to adjust the placement of armour pieces, similar to melee weapons, or maybe adjust the scale if they can't be moved?

These two would be amazing for Fashionframing, hope DE does something like it.

41 minutes ago, Arrcee said:

These two would be amazing for Fashionframing, hope DE does something like it.

Also on a related note they really need to do something about syandana clipping, can't use any of my nice weapons and skins because it pops through my cape everytime I move, really ruins the look.

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697