Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Growing Toxicity.

(XBOX)TechnoManic

Ive been playing warframe for a good 4 years now maybe 5, long enough to have been through the tides of changes this game has gone through, but atthesame time ive come to see the community growing ever so toxic.

A year or two back people helped eachother, no one pulled elitist im stronger than you stupidity. Now i go into a mission and people are arguing in the team chat, people leave squads, ive been DDosed a few times by irritated trolls.

What happened to this community ? People get super salty or purposely act like Donkeys. 

And im not pulling rank here but usually when this happens its someone with a very low rank tryng to start trouble.

Anyone want to share their experiences?

I've been here since 2013 and there has always been some element of git gud scrub. 

Not much compared to many other games but as Warframes player base grows even if the percentage remains the same the numbers will grow.

2% of 200,000 vs 2% of 4,400,000 is a big difference. 

Speaking for myself I've come across very little in all the time I've played either directed towards me or anyone in the squad.  Most of that was years ago too.

Much of my play has involved public games often with one friend or more but plenty have been just me and randoms.  

It maybe down to me being able to generally being able to carry the team so the drama isn't there but you can find salty folks anywhere these days.  Exercising their right to be loud and opinionated everywhere they go (I'm not a fan of social media)

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TechnoManic said:

Youve got a fair point, but the odds of meeting a troll or a dbag has lately been ridiculously high, it just seems like the growing community is getting some nasty players sucked in for every chill player that joins.

But im mainly off to hear about other peoples experiences.

idk i very very rarely meet a troll and 90% of time i'm doing public groups, even for eidolon hunts

It's been over a year, since the death of Solar Rail wars, that my clan is focused totally in helping new players.
There are still good players, but like told before, 2% of 100 is different from 2% of 400,000

Also DDOsed? you sure? how would you even know?

I occasionally find a troll/scrub, but that's really every once in a while. Other than that I see (ingame and here) people offering their clan's Ignis Wraith for free, taxis to anywhere, explanations of ingame mechanics, lore, ecc. Sure, the community has grown and with it a lot of toxic players came/were created, but it's still fairly great for what I expected with the PoE boom.

Then again, it could just be a console thing, as scummy trolls think twice before hitting the PS4 keyboard interface, which is slow af.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

Well toxicity is very abstract and context really matters.

There are many aspects of the game that are frustrating to deal with, understandly so on a bad day.

What we as individuals can do is to treat toxic people with respect and back away.

We can understand how it feels to have a bad day or just get dunked on.

Just now, Pooroldude said:

Well toxicity is very abstract and context really matters.

There are many aspects of the game that are frustrating to deal with, understandly so on a bad day.

What we as individuals can do is to treat toxic people with respect and back away.

We can understand how it feels to have a bad day or just get dunked on.

Ok, sure we could do that, but the only thing I'll do is ignore, and if they stand in my way I'll give them hell by counter trolling (being at the top has its perks). I'll not bow and respect people who didn't have the will to respect me as well. I don't care if they're having a bad day, we all do. Crying like a child and making other people's life miserable is their choice, and afaic it'll have consequences if it harms me directly and if I can't ignore it (I.e. being stuck at a survival)

Well this ain't no perfect world and i can understand turning the cheek against toxic people but everyone is toxic, it is just negative feedback.

There is no solution to this except overarching solutions that will cause massive problems.

The only way forward is to deal with it.

I think its due the combination of how the player progression system work in this game and the flood of new players lately... Where many new players felt that they need to rush their MR progress by only focusing in gaining affinity so they could gain a better armaments. This however make them forgot to gain understanding how to play the game effectively (i.e. the real experience; like understanding the layout of the room, other warframe abilities, or the mission, and so on; that create a different playstyle).

For example: There have been a few number of players lately that been wondering why they felt weak when they start to do mission in jupiter and europa. And some of them have been ranking up weapons and warframe and replacing it with newer weapon and frame.

.... At the end, however, they end up being grouped up with other players that not only has a normal/good progression but has been playing for long enough to also understand the game better. and these huge gap between these two different type of players with different play style is what i believe lead to some toxicity.

example:

In today sortie rescue mission i was the last one to join the session. I use a normal excal with cc build. While i was still loading, a player (rhino) was complaining, via the group chat, that the other two players are using loki. I forgot his reason behind it. They were still at the starting position so after finished loading, i directly rush to the reach target (i almost never hit sprint button.. so i always jump, roll, wall hop, and double jump to traverse the level). The two lokis are behind me and the rhino is behind them.

At one point we reach the lift, i call the lift and went in and so does the two lokis. The rhino, however, was still standing a few meters in front of the lift having his back to the lift while shooting some mobs. After only a few seconds, one of the loki press the lift button leaving the rhino behind. Once we reached the lower floor once again we rush to the target.. I jump and wall hop to reach cell via that broken air duct. save the prisoner and rush to the extraction point.

While we rush to the jail the rhino once again write a complain. I forgot what he really write but it somewhere along this line: "Sure. Leave the rhino behind. The only tank on the team... " emphasised the word "tank" for that one is the one that really stuck in my head. And when we, the three of us, reach the extraction point, one of the loki simply write "lol."

Before i continue, yes i will say that what the loki did was bad. We could've just wait till the rhino notice that the lift is already open. And no i'm not saying that the rhino was toxic, not even a little, nor was the loki... But if this is another type of mission i'm very sure that this will lead to toxicity.

Now notice the difference of play style between us, excal and the two lokis, and the rhino player. And notice the expectation of the rhino.

Edited by novalery

On 2018-08-15 at 9:30 AM, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

<------ not fully hip to the lingo..

What is "DDOsed"?

Ddos is a denial of service attack 
say you have a website being ddosed the machines doing it are making so many requests of the site it cant do anything and kinda just flounders in the water 

its whole purpose is to deny other the service of the site 

Edited by seprent

4 hours ago, seprent said:

say you have a website being ddosed the machines doing it are making so many requests of the site it cant do anything and kinda just flounders in the water 

Okay, just to be that guy, but denial of service attack is actually just DoS. DDos is "Distributed Denial of Service" attack, which means the requests comes from many different sources (usually a botnet).

Just now, rune_me said:

Okay, just to be that guy, but denial of service attack is actually just DoS. DDos is "Distributed Denial of Service" attack, which means the requests comes from many different sources (usually a botnet).

i knew i was getting something off dont worry your good be that guy all ya want :clem: 

5 hours ago, seprent said:

Well that sucks. Thank you, though. 

So, yeah, is that possible on the game?

Just now, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

Well that sucks. Thank you, though. 

So, yeah, is that possible on the game?

To DDoS someone you need personal information, the term is called "doxxing" where you may obtain information like:

• A players real life name
  • Address
  • IP address

If the OP is telling the truth which I highly doubt he is and passing the buck of a poor internet service provider (ISP for short) to "Warframe Trolls" But in the rare case he isn't b/s'ing then these "Warframe Trolls" are breaking more than just a couple of rules.