Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot move in Orbiter after interacting with any menu (Solved(?))

(PSN)PoisonCoffee

Hey, so, I apologize in advance if there's already a topic for this or if I commit some forum faux pas, as this is my first time here and i likely wouldn't even use the forum were it not for this super persistent bug.

It seems that, for some reason, entering any menu (Foundry, arsenal, navigation, even pause) and even budging the onscreen cursor a little, regardless of whether i use the stick or the d-pad, causes exiting that menu to freeze my character and camera in place, meaning i cannot move or look around. All movement of the warframe, camera, quickmenu (for like selecting emotes/nartas) and transference are disabled. within the orbiter. As far as i've experienced, it's only within my orbiter that this happens. I've tested it within my clan's dojo and during missions, where it (thankfully) does not seem to occur.

i can still access orbiter features available through the menu just fine, however what worries me most is the fact that this happened abruptly last night. I don't believe there were any hotfixes or UI changes just all of a sudden yesterday evening, and Prior to then, i would encounter this bug, but i was able to temp-fix by moving to the arsenal or navigation via the menu. doing so now has no effect upon exiting besides moving my character to the selected console.

I suppose this isn't super damaging to my ability to play, as this has only ever happened in my orbiter, but it totally locks off my ability to visit my personal quarters and the infested room, which are not available via the menu. I am also incapable of placing decorations.

I've read a few bug reports about similar issues and i'm worried about the possibility of this happening when selecting a relic during a void fissure. So far the only temp fix i've found for this is to enter a loading screen of any sort or to just Not Do Anything within my orbiter.

I would greatly appreciate some kind of assurance as to whether this issue is ging to be fixed or if it's just some freak error haunting me exclusively, and as to why it just suddenly appeared last night out of nowhere for me.

I can take a clip of the occurrence, if need be, as at this point it happens anytime i enter a menu on my liset.

EDIT: well, whatever it was, it's gone now and my orbiter is (for now) fully functional.

Edited by (PS4)PoisonCoffee

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

I also have a very similar issue in my orbiter where if I go into any menu (navigation, foundry, arsenal, codex, market) and come out I can't move my character at all.  The cursor is moving around my screen, but I can't make it go away. The only way I've figured out how to move again is either go into my dojo or just quit the game and come back in to start a mission. I'm currently working on Octavia mission or Inarous and have completed the sacrifice, but I don't think that's the issue. Once I'm in a mission I have no problem moving or doing anything I've done before. Please help.

Thanks, 

Cyclonis82