Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Rework] Vauban concept Ideas ( no Turret )

kaelvamp

Dear DE, i liked the tweaks that you made to vauban, but we need a proper rework on him, and here is my idea about it hope you all enjoy.

About Tesla and Minefie

1. 1 First change that i had in mind is that you merge his 1st and 2nd ability into ONE.

2.  Get rid of his jump and tripwire, there is no reason in  todays warframe for those to exist.

3.  Buff his concuss with more range or more time in the radiation proc (10 seconds?) and Shred should have permanent armor strip OR at least 10 secons (the 4 seconds that we have today just dont work and its ridiculous).

4.  Still keep the new charge mechanic (but with 2 secons charge instead of 4) and instead of doing just double damage make it also spawn more granades (a full charge is 3 granades. Half is 2 instead of 1 with no charge) that will give us a good spamable ability with a good ammout of utility for the squad.

5.  And last, Make his new "tesla-field" sinergyse with Bastille or Vortex in the same way that they work. Tesla should electrify it. Concuss can do a radiation proc in each target that enters it (with lower duration than just casting with 1). And Shred should strip 50% of enemy armor regardless of level. And if you change and throw the 1 again in bastille it will cancel the last effect that it had and uses the effect of the new grenade (making it simmilar as zephir tornado mechanic thar overrides the type of damage).

6. one important thing is that you can cast fast with a click and hold to change the type of grenade (instead of the "hold to throw" and click do change that we have today that confuses more than it helps).
     in the end this new "tesla-field" will have 3 options to choose from and all the 3 can be used and will be usefull in today's warframe.

New Second Ability

1. Now about he's 2nd ability. A second sentinel/drone or something that follows him would be ideal, it stays in the vauban concept of an engeneer and give him an unique ability and mechanics that no other warframe have the second sentinel/drone. 

2. The sentinel/drone should have 2 stances that you can change by holding the second ability.
      First one that heal and give armor for vauban and squad that comes close ( not going to say numbers for those).

And the second, a stance that knock enemies down do some status proc each X ammout of seconds. ( taking advantage of that amazing new passive ❤️) (and yes its like wyrm skill but better)

3. And Finally for Mods and Weapons it can be 2 ways.
    First is that he gets no weapons (just sentinel mods) and istead will have a radial pulse mechanic with the effect listed above (no idea about the range on that).

Second option is that he can use any sentinel weapon or just a signature one but cant use sentinel mods, just weapon mods that effect the effectiviness of the stance he is in.

4. about the mechanics of use and cast it can be like khora cat (if he can use sentinel mods) meaning that he dies can be recasted with some energy cost (but cant use the revive mods for sentinels) OR the sentinel/drone is not a skill cast but is allways there as long that vauban lives so you only would have to change his stance (with a bit more cost to energy since u dont need to cast it again and again, and he still cant revive you, lets keep that to proper sentinels).

Bastille and Vortex

• Keep those as they are since with "tesla-field" sinergy it will keep him as the CC KING and give it some utilty, keeping the warframe theme as always.

About the Tesla Augment it can stay as it is just put the same effect of link in the full charged throw with 3 granades and more making it a nice option for just bastille or vortex builds.
Bastille augment can stay the same and just proc the "tesla- field" effect if active for those enemies that get repelled.

No Turret and why

1. The reasoning of why i not included the popular turrets request here is simple, we already have turrets for him, he's tesla is basically static mini shock turrets with grenade skins and we know how that ended unfortunatelly is not there yet.
  2.  We already have 2 frames that i can remember with that turret "mechanic"
     one as a good example that is Mesa (her augment make her even better being a ""turret frame"")
      the worst example being Chroma's Effigy that is not as good and represents the problem   with turrets in warframe. Turrets are static and dont scale in damage wich is a BIG problem in         high level maps or in long runs.

Well that's my opinion, fell free to show me something that i didn't saw so i can improve it and criticise it in a constructive way.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by kaelvamp

New passive is as useful as old one. Don't get me wrong, but if I was able to kill everything in vortex in 1-2 hits before, what does +25% damage gives us exactly?

As far as suggestion goes, I would make that sentiel immortal and to serve as buffer/support (without mods or weapons) and depending on stance like with venari it could provide different buffs, maybe even go even further and make synergy with tesla to increase buff strength for a short periods of time.

For people who wants turret, you already have tesla so make minefields around CC areas (sadly charged tesla is useless for that). Unless turret makes % of total hp as damage, it would be useless anyway like a lot of other abilities with fixed damage.

57 minutes ago, KingOfPredators said:

New passive is as useful as old one. Don't get me wrong, but if I was able to kill everything in vortex in 1-2 hits before, what does +25% damage gives us exactly?

As far as suggestion goes, I would make that sentiel immortal and to serve as buffer/support (without mods or weapons) and depending on stance like with venari it could provide different buffs, maybe even go even further and make synergy with tesla to increase buff strength for a short periods of time.

For people who wants turret, you already have tesla so make minefields around CC areas (sadly charged tesla is useless for that). Unless turret makes % of total hp as damage, it would be useless anyway like a lot of other abilities with fixed damage.

The "New Passive" was a reallyyyyyy small step in the right direction but they could have kept his armor effect aswell....
and yeah i totally get your point, most weapons already 1 shot everything and the only plausible way to make his new passive good is in high level long run missions and yes 25% is good and all but he'll probably die before  u can even get the enemy in a state that the passive works....

as for the sentinel suggestion, i feel that, looks really good it simplifies in a nice way, sinergy is something that is really needed on him...

and for the turret argument ❤️ nailed it ❤️