Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat/Kubrow Balancing

Cradicias

So, I know that DE is currently working on a pet balance pass and I thought I'd share a couple thoughts/ideas for how they need to be rebalanced.

1) Kavats need to be pet, not Kubrows: As it stands, Kavats are stronger in damage, utility, and require less maintenance. In comparison Kubrows do less overall damage and have less utility yet still require both genetic stabilizers and being pet to maintain health and damage. If Kubrows are to remain at such a large disadvantage their positions as far as maintenance should be reversed with Kavats requiring petting and Kubrows being free of said requirement.

2) If Kubrows are going to remain as the highest maintenance then they need to have access to specific Kavat mods, namely Swipe and Sharpened Claws, so that they can deal some more damage to multiple enemies and make them worth the extra effort and limitations.

Kavats DGAF. They should only need to be petted when they come up to you in the listet, otherwise they are in the infested room pooping in the corner, or knocking stuff off of your shelves in your quarters. Also, as a side note...Kubrows need ab ability similar to vaccuum...I know it can not be vacuum since all kubrows are scared of it. However, I know my RL kubrow with grab anything edible. By the same token Kavats should have an ability to knock anything shiny or moving out of the reach of the player (preferably under something that the player can not reach).

17 minutes ago, Grimvalor said:

Kavats DGAF. They should only need to be petted when they come up to you in the listet, otherwise they are in the infested room pooping in the corner, or knocking stuff off of your shelves in your quarters. Also, as a side note...Kubrows need ab ability similar to vaccuum...I know it can not be vacuum since all kubrows are scared of it. However, I know my RL kubrow with grab anything edible. By the same token Kavats should have an ability to knock anything shiny or moving out of the reach of the player (preferably under something that the player can not reach).

You, sir, win the game!