Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's peacemakers do in fact work with acolyte mods

birdobash

I was testing and messing around with mesa's peacemakers in the simulacrum today and was testing out acolyte mods which for some reason can be put into her regulators unlike melee acolyte mods which completely dont let you put them on melee exalted weapons. Funny thing is, sharpened bullets is supposed to only give its stat boost when aiming, but clearly mesa isnt aiming right? Apparently not because when I tested with a bare build without corrosive against level 115 heavy gunners (so enemy armor didnt go down and I had a linear damage number that was consistent) i was getting around 250 ish damage on a yellow crit shot, but once 1 heavy gunner died and I got sharpened bullets procced, my yellow crits jumped from 250 to 410 ish. This means 1, even though mesa in her peacemaker visually does not look like she is aiming down sights, she apparently is aiming down sight according to sharpened bullets and 2, this means acolyte mods do in fact work with peacemaker, besides that fact that hydraulic crosshair cant proc unless the enemy is straight below you and peacemaker auto aims into their head.

Edit: I realized something really dumb, for some reason if mesa's augment mesa's waltz is equipped on mesa, she gets the benefits from acolyte mods like sharpened bullets, but for some reason without mesa's waltz it does not affect it. Theres some weird mumbo jumbo going on in here.

Edited by birdobash

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Congratulations, you just ruined a super secret game break for all Mesa Mains.

2 hours ago, Prime-Ares said:

...thanks for ruining a fun little secret in Mesa's works...

This information has been on the WF Wiki for some time now.  How much of a "secret" is it if people have been able to read about it on such a frequently used site?

Just now, Arcainyx said:

This information has been on the WF Wiki for some time now.  How much of a "secret" is it if people have been able to read about it on such a frequently used site?

Because casual pubbies need something to cry about, today it's a "Secret" getting spoiled what everyone knew, hell i knew and I dont even like or play mesa.

Except the way I see it, the only Acolyte mod that could be worth using is Sharpened Bullets and from what I've seen in my testing the setup with 2x60/60 + 1x90 always beats 1x60/60+1x90+Sharpened Bullets and doesn't require any triggering.

Edited by DarthKadra

5 minutes ago, DarthKadra said:

Except the way I see it, the only Acolyte mod that cratherould be worth using is Sharpened Bullets and from what I've seen in my testing the setup with 2x60/60 + 1x90 always beats 1x60/60+1x90+Sharpened Bullets and doesn't require any triggering.

I'd rather use x2 60/60 and anemic. No room for sharpened. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, DarthKadra said:

Except the way I see it, the only Acolyte mod that could be worth using is Sharpened Bullets and from what I've seen in my testing the setup with 2x60/60 + 1x90 always beats 1x60/60+1x90+Sharpened Bullets and doesn't require any triggering.

FWIW I've tried 2 60 + 1 90, I tried this and a few other things. I've had the best results running 2 90s, with anemic agility. Extra fire rate makes up for the lost status chance. Ymmv

43 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

FWIW I've tried 2 60 + 1 90, I tried this and a few other things. I've had the best results running 2 90s, with anemic agility. Extra fire rate makes up for the lost status chance. Ymmv

Yes, it can vary depending on the whole setup with the strength, hornet strike, fire rate etc. But since I'm already running Arcane Velocity my fire rate is pretty high, so the setup with 2x60/60+1x90 seems to work best for me

Anyway, speaking to the point of this topic, I don't think that Sharpened Bullets could really replace another mod in any final setup. By final I mean that you have access to all mods and arcanes and you can combine them into some final build. If you lack some mods, however, then yes, it can be a very nice addition. Maybe it could be on par with another mod in some cases, maybe, but I don't think so, so it's nothing like a "super secret game break" like some people have described it.