Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chatting causes accidental aborts and cutscene skips

DarkBabylon

This has been annoying me for years, but have not found until today it happens in abort screens as well.

Granted it is probably possible to avoid, but in my opinion as a programmer see it as a bug that should have been fixed years ago, and still persists to this day.

You know that in abort screens and cutscenes, you can press space or enter to skip them, as well as in abort screens you don't need a mouse over and press space or enter. HOWEVER, when chatting you are bound to press them, and see it as bad code that when someone chats while on abort screen, one would think you are not interacting with the abort screen but with the chat screen. Turns out you interact with both, at the same time, and is entirely possible for one squad mate, which I do not know why this happens, can kick the entire squad out of the mission by aborting it entirely by accident while wanting to chat with them. I can understand why rewards would be stripped when one aborts, but I can not understand why chatting would make a 30 minute long mission when out of revives would destroy an entire squad's efforts and waste everyone's time.

This bug is game breaking and should be somewhat easily fixed.