Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Change of Plans"

Caliboom

Seriously, why is this a thing? I hate it when I'm doing a capture mission for some quick loot, to scan something, or to get a relic, and the mission turns into Exterminate, making me waste more time. If this happens, I honestly just abort the mission. This should seriously be removed, it's just annoying. If I wanted to do Exterminate, I would do Exterminate. I don't want to waste time when all I want is a quick mission.

Edited by Caliboom

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:

No

No like no, theres no need to remove it? Or like no, this needs to be removed?
Because I actually like the fact that, as plans do not always prove to be successful, Lotus considers to change the plans.

Edited by DynHamid

But if the mission is Mobile Defence, it's actually very good.

Back in the old days, there were many of such events, like fire, extreme cold, another faction assault, another mission objective entirely. It makes mission less routine.

Edited by d3me

19 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

Seriously, why is this a thing? I hate it when I'm doing a capture mission for some quick loot, to scan something, or to get a relic, and the mission turns into Exterminate, making me waste more time. If this happens, I honestly just abort the mission. This should seriously be removed, it's just annoying. If I wanted to do Exterminate, I would do Exterminate. I don't want to waste time when all I want is a quick mission.

I dont really consider it annoying, its so rare to happen that i usually forget its a thing. When it does i just finish the mission, they are usually trivial anyways.

I just wish there was more alternatives to it instead of always exterminate.

• Like 1

If it happens then something must've happened within the game to force the Lotus to change plans. As of what is a mystery, but it gives good depth of the task at hand. In capture missions, for example, if she tells us to exterminate after the capture she must not want any witnesses alive to report to command...... actually, come to think of it, that is dark, but adds more time to the mission.

I mean, after all, she IS watching us. And with Railjack soon, we'll see HOW she and Ordis watch over us. Pretty cool detail, actually.

The main issue with it is that the version of Exterminate they use still is the old one with the problem of very few enemies making you have to track down each and every one that is tucked away in some corner.

Isn't helped by the HUD Marker though either as that barely works properly (really needs to always show the extraction during an extermination as well as where the enemies are).

1 hour ago, d3me said:

But if the mission is Mobile Defence, it's actually very good.

Back in the old days, there were many of such events, like fire, extreme cold, another faction assault, another mission objective entirely. It makes mission less routine.

Gosh, I miss those days!

We really should be trying to reintroduce them, make the randomized objectives its own mission so the "change of plans" doesn't get in the way of what we already have. I want to do a mission that starts as a capture, turns into a mobile defense, then ends with an exterminate. Next time I run it, I might start with exterminate, follow up with a capture, then end with another capture. Hell, repeated objectives in the same mission would be great!

Edited by Pizzarugi

It’s not a bad idea, however in it’s current state it is very annoying.

This system would be perfect for alerts

examples

Mobile Defense:

3 consoles to defend, when you defend 2 of them, lotus changes plan because a VIP was found and you need to rescue him.

Spy:

Once you crack enough vaults for mission completion, another faction attacks the facility/ship/etc. and intercept lotus transmissions get and she orders you to capture/eliminate the individual that did it.

Defense:

When you reach the final wave of the alert,Lotus warns that high value VIP is near and capture isn’t an option, and a lieutenant/elite squad/mini boss appears with it’s own mechanics for each faction

IMO

If this system is implemented/refined it could make alerts different and more exciting, without affecting the nature of Grindy missions such as spies, defense, survival. Because for farming purposes this system does more harm then good, by introducing random elements to the mission design.

Edited by (XB1)The Dracoknight

I love the mechanic, keeps things interesting.

I would love it if the mechanic fired more often, changing the mission to another type with some sort of trigger, perhaps if you botch a spy, you have to kill all witnesses or whatever.

More variety and less predictability is always welcome to me.

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

Gosh, I miss those days!

We really should be trying to reintroduce them, make the randomized objectives its own mission so the "change of plans" doesn't get in the way of what we already have. I want to do a mission that starts as a capture, turns into a mobile defense, then ends with an exterminate. Next time I run it, I might start with exterminate, follow up with a capture, then end with another capture. Hell, repeated objectives in the same mission would be great!

maybe like a modifier for the mission like the nightmare ones 

41 minutes ago, (XB1)The Dracoknight said:

examples

Mobile Defense:

3 consoles to defend, when you defend 2 of them, lotus changes plan because a VIP was found and you need to rescue him.

Spy:

Once you crack enough vaults for mission completion, another faction attacks the facility/ship/etc. and intercept lotus transmissions get and she orders you to capture/eliminate the individual that did it.

Defense:

When you reach the final wave of the alert,Lotus warns that high value VIP is near and capture isn’t an option, and a lieutenant/elite squad/mini boss appears with it’s own mechanics for each faction

IMO

If this system is implemented/refined it could make alerts different and more exciting, without affecting the nature of Grindy missions such as spies, defense, survival. Because for farming purposes this system does more harm then good, by introducing random elements to the mission design.

some missions map don't allow other very well, so this can be a problem.
Also, we could have a mission with more than one objective, like spy to get a data mass, then a mobile or a sabotage, and  a capture, rescue or assassination like the PoE ones. Something like that

2 hours ago, Caliboom said:

Seriously, why is this a thing?

It's a relic of a much older system:

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Dracoknight said:

Mobile Defense:

Spy:

Defense:

Specifically this one. This used to actually be a thing. They pared it down to just Exterminate because getting 90% of the way through a Rescue mission only to be told to do something else while the hostage remained mission-critical wasn't exactly popular

2 hours ago, Caliboom said:

Funny thing is, it used to be a very random thing where it would change into an exterminate, but people liked it so they made it more common.

1 hour ago, LupoDWolf said:

some missions map don't allow other very well, so this can be a problem.
Also, we could have a mission with more than one objective, like spy to get a data mass, then a mobile or a sabotage, and  a capture, rescue or assassination like the PoE ones. Something like that

I know that’s why I said it should apply only on alerts. Because it would allow the developers to tweak/customize this a bit more. This would also have the addional benefit that alerts would become their own thing.

They could configure 10-30 mission scenarios and then assign certain properties for certain maps. It wouldn’t be fully random because the extra objectives would be assigned at the very begining, so the map has the proper cells. But you the player doesn’t know it until he trigger the secondary objective. And since alerts aren’t replayable it would allow for this type of design.

2 часа назад, (XB1)The Dracoknight сказал:

examples

Actually, it was something like this long time before. You can enter Rescue mission, but after hostage was rescued, Lotus asks you to save ANOTHER hostage and even after that she may ask you to steal artifact. This mechanic was made make quick "get it — get out" missions harder.

1 hour ago, d3me said:

Actually, it was something like this long time before. You can enter Rescue mission, but after hostage was rescued, Lotus asks you to save ANOTHER hostage and even after that she may ask you to steal artifact. This mechanic was made make quick "get it — get out" missions harder.

More than one additional objective is overkill, so I agree why people disliked it. But like I said in previous posts, that’s why I am advocating for alerts. So as not to ruin the flow of quick missions that are played with the purpose of farming.