Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.4.2

[DE]Megan

Цитата

I have all the useful arcanes, never even noticed the oxium requirement... Y'all are doing something wrong. 

I have more oxium than most of those who posted in this thread put together so until this **** hit I did everything right, and that's the reason for the nerf. But it means nothing because if each new thing that requires oxium will cost 10-20k even my stocks will dwindle in no time with no way to grind it back again.

Magus elevate used to cost 20k oxium per set which translates in about 5 or 10 hours with a booster of that cheesy cheesy captures - which isn't that much. Seriously. 20k in 10 hours with a resource booster. It's a joke. The only other resource with the same awful number is mutagen sample that got the score of 4 or 5 k for 15 hours with both boosters, nekros, slash weapons and smeeta. And at least half of those who crafted it with those insane numbers never even got their oxium back. Sure as heck now that 90% don't need it it costs 2k per set. Hooow convenient.

The bigger issue here is, if it is nearly unanimous that the players hate the changes, yet DE insists on keeping them despite the outcry, it would seem their stated goal of Warframe being about their players having fun is no longer their intention.  Overall, players farming oxium or having a nifty powerful amp are not going to make or break the game, so why would they not reverse their decision -- unless, again, it is no longer about their players.

I hate to say it again, but this is the #1 complaint against Destiny 2, they did not listen to their player base but did what they wanted instead.  Now they are hemorrhaging both money and players.

I get it if what is requested is a major game changer, but we are talking mere oxium farming and an amp that wasn't all THAT powerful, but made the game more fun by allowing us to finally use the operator for something other then required activities.  Until that amp, the operator was relegated to useless in normal game play.  It was exciting to imagine the new possibilities -- then they smashed it because.....why?

It's sad really.  Hope this is not just the beginning of the spiral downward. I really love Warframe and have plans to be sticking with it for a long time to come...but that might change if too many things like this continue to happen and they become stubborn against their player base like so many others before them.

1 hour ago, AetherMcLoud said:

Wow. Good fricking thing I farmed the oxium for Vauban Prime before this patch. This capture change is terrible, mostly since capture was the only good way to farm Oxium.

D10D8343FA22750F292A2F102CE362D1C00C5E50

OK i let me say i never farmed on capture missions, so i don't really see a problem, honestly for me much better were endless missions liek survivals or defenses

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Capture Mission Changes:
Capture Targets now have a 1 minute Bleedout timer after being downed for 30 seconds, upon which Lotus will now alert you that you’re running out of time to capture the Target. Capture missions had become an unofficial Endless mission with the tactic of leaving the Target squirming on the ground for hours while players dealt with the never-ending horde of enemies. The Bleedout timer has been added as a countermeasure to fix the unintended Endless Capture missions.

Was this really a thing people did? Reeeeally??? REEEEEEEEEEallly....like...what was the point of it? Focus? Affinity? Onslaught does it better.

Howdy, thanks for the hotfix, but can you please fix that when I have mirage prime and her noble animation  the syandana is bugging through her legs and her bum-bum (maybe mirage has it too, but mirage prime definetly).

Thank you 

Please change the primary enemy spawn on Galatea to some other Corpus enemy and replace Oxium Osprey back into one of the endless missions if you're going to do this. Ensure that Capture Fissures are guaranteed to drop adequate reactant.

Stop punishing your players for no appreciable reason.

And yet we still can't get the fix on Steam controller not properly ineracting with UI, log in screen, or dojo/liset decor. Can't even accept freind request or some game invites. I'm beggining to think you care very little about some of your long term community members here......... not a good look

The power of the new component did not seem like a mistake. Between it not working with volt shields and its crazy energy consumption it seemed perfectly designed for the advent of a new operator play paradigm. I certainly enjoyed the couple hours I had of using mine as a burst nuke. Damn, it was fun in kuva floods.

Post-nerf it's usable, but not fun and not particularly good. That's a small tragedy.

2 hours ago, Themisomega said:

Was this really a thing people did? Reeeeally??? REEEEEEEEEEallly....like...what was the point of it? Focus? Affinity? Onslaught does it better.

If you read the comments, we did this for oxium farm. Anyway, now that two things are nerfed that's a lot i get to take off my schedule. Especially the amp parts.

I never went through endless Capture mission, it took time for me to farm Oxium so I can confirm as someone who went the hard way that current state of Oxium drop/requirement is in a ridiculous state.

Vauban Prime Chassis requiring 7k? DE, tell me please when lore you put behind entire Oxium went to oblivion? The lore behind so-beloved Oxium states 'Oxium is a rare lighter than air alloy of Orokin origin.' So how is it possible that Vauban requires so much when it's still heavy like other frames? On the other hand, both Zephyr and it's Prime counterpart require laughable amount but are very light to the point where gravity pull is reduced.

Entire Zephyr low gravity was built around its Oxium requirement and still, we have such ridiculous thing like Vauban Prime's 7k for Chassis crafting?

By my opinion, something is terribly wrong here cause if DE can't even follow lore they made, where we can expect ridiculous amount of Oxium next time without a good explanation behind it? I would like to see reasonable crafting requirements that aren't breaking in-game lore.

On the other note, this is the exactly same situation as with Hema, same ridiculous amount of something (Mutagen Samples), but this time for research where everyone in clan can contribute (still pain in butt since drop rate is so low it takes tons of time even to really active clan). Please tell me how are these research and crafting requirements player-friendly and reasonable in both cases?

1 hour ago, SageWindu said:

Wait, people left the target on the ground indefinitely? I and the groups I've been in always captured the target first, then went on about doing whatever else.

There was a patch quite a while back now, where they changed Capture missions so that enemies would stop spawning entirely a few minutes after you captured the target. That put an end to capturing the target, and instead people had to leave him on the ground. Now they've put the final nail in the Oxium farming coffin.

On 2018-08-17 at 5:08 PM, Voltage said:

The reason Capture missions were abused like this is because Cerberus, Pluto was killed with Specters of the Rail, and Baal, Europa became a different mission type. Galatea, Neptune was abused as an endless Capture mission because Oxium has no consistent spawn mechanics. I am not asking for this change to be reversed, but the abuse could have been avoided by having more than a single mission consistently available for Oxium.

This change does not make much sense to me. Shouldn't this mean that crafting Warframes should unlock them in Frame Fighter? The Sacrifice quest is cool and all, but if a Warframe that is auto-crafted gets a Frame Fighter Scan, then why should Warframes that require farming be given extra farming just to use in a mini-game? I already have every Warframe scanned in Frame Fighter, and it felt like I was redoing my starchart....

You can always do survival corpus mission for Oxium....

Doesn't matter the lvl, there are plenty of them.

1 hour ago, SaadB44 said:

Capture missions are no longer easy (/T_T) / WHYYYY?!!! 

Actually, now Capture Missions are pathetically easy...and boring.

Rush to target, capture, fight off enemies for 2 minutes.....walk through map to collect all the container drops and possible Ayatans

2 hours ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Actually, now Capture Missions are pathetically easy...and boring. 

Rush to target, capture, fight off enemies for 2 minutes.....walk through map to collect all the container drops and possible Ayatans

Yeah.  Since all enemies now disappear after a ridiculously easy capture, they are all a walk in the park.  No challenge whatsoever.  Yes, boring. 

But hey...now you can't farm resources and that's all that counts, right?

This particular hotfix really frustrates me because since I first played the game we have these conflicting messages going on here:

DE send out the messages that encourage players to:

- Use a variety of warframes
Lots of warframes to choose from with really cool and unique abilities.

- Take advantage of being able to assemble custom squads that suit your own playstyle and provide maximum returns
Loads of mods that allow players to create very unique and potentially powerful squad combinations, @[DE]Steve explicitly spoke in one of their very early Dev Streams about how he believed that the Mod system in Warframe set it apart from other games because it can produce an almost endless number of character builds vs locking players down to a skill tree system.

- Fight enemies the way you want to fight them
We have a vast number of rifles, sidearms, melee weapons and warframe abilities to choose from so it seems to be a pretty good indication that players should feel free to use whatever they like against whatever enemy / in whatever mission they choose

- Farm resources and additional items in the game for free because the game is not Pay To Win, but free to play
Even the slogan "Ninjas play for free" reinforces this message

On the topic of playstyle freedom

DE make changes that force players to:
- Preference using melee when fighting infested
Guns cause the runners to explode on death so at high level this became a serious problem.

- Continue moving around in an endless type mission
Mobs stop coming after the player at consistently high volumes if you stay in one spot for too long..stepping in and out of the room fixes it but they'll likely patch this too. AFK timer... say no more~

- Depend on weapons when fighting
All mobs now stand outside the radius of AoE type abilities if the same ability is recast in roughly the same location a 2nd time, introduced Nullifiers and made Ancients either disrupt or dampen abilities to the point where they became pointless.

- Avoid using abilities
In general with the above taken into account plus the fact that players can no longer use most warframe ultimate abilities whilst in the air, energy leach eximus, energy reduction missions, those tony hawks enemies added to Corpus, Sortie Hijack disables abilities when powering the objective, etc.. It seems that DE are really aiming to force players into having a preference of avoiding the use of abilities as a staple aspect to their play style.

On the topic of "Ninjas play for free"

This is one of the main reasons I first gave the game a shot back in the day. Whenever players find a new effective way to farm something, it seems as though from my perspective; DE introduce new changes that either cripple or completely remove that technique such as what we see with this particular update.

Now how does this come back to being able to play for free vs paying to play? There are significant grind walls in place to obtain certain items as a means of encouraging players to straight out buy these things with platinum instead. I get that bills have to be paid and so the addition of Resource boosters, Buying resources from vendors at Cetus / Marketplace in order to build a farmed weapon seemed like a good idea.

The problem here is that DE created a real problem for themselves; a significant aspect to playing Warframe is farming.. it's practically all you do really... and they tied in paying their bills with the challenge associated to farming. The more difficult the farming becomes, the more platinum they sell, too easy to farm and they lose sales. This is a pretty dangerous line to walk, and it is something I've created posts on in the past about where I provided a lot of alternative approaches they could take to support funding their game without having any direct impact on the core mechanic that drives gameplay (farming).

It's never too late to change how things are done and break this connection between the 2, if anything changes like the one we see today and the ones leading up to this point show DE aren't afraid of making sweeping changes that impact how their game is played. At a guess, it's probably just easier to keep the dance going where we have the left foot telling players... "warframe / weapon X is great for farming resource Y / warframe Z" and then the right foot saying "but don't try farming things it's too difficult, just buy platinum and purchase  resource Y or warframe Z directly"

At the end of the day: A player's freedom to choose how they play the game continues to be reduced as a means of controlling the rate at which they can farm resources to get stuff that would otherwise result in platinum sales for DE. The easier it is to farm Oxium or whatever else we need to build warframes / weapons / etc, the less  it is likely we'll use platinum someone purchased to buy them directly.

Platinum sales are critical to the ongoing production of  game content and the survival of Warframe, which is something I believe the entire community would want to continue happening.. no one here wants the game to die out. I just wish DE could risk trying to make sales another way:

Below are a few ideas I've thrown around in the past which either explicitly mention how they could be used to generate platinum sales or provide a lot of new ways that this could be done:

- Plat sales by letting players increase item listing cap buy more listing slots
- Plat sales with a small 1% Plat trade tax rounding down  so if the trade would result in less than 1plat trade tax, there is no tax on that trade
- Promoted items system.. promote your particular item for X time at a cost of X platinum
- etc.

Personally I'm unaffected by this change or any others really as I have just about every single item in the game, tons of all resources.. more than I could ever try to spend at least.

For me, it's about the quality of life new players that I introduce to the game experience.
..for them..
Changes like this mean they either:
- Burn out from the grind and quit the game
- Start shelling out for platinum to buy things so they don't have to partake in brutal grind-fests.

Which actually means they sometimes miss out on even playing various game modes / content because when you already own the item that a certain mission would otherwise reward you with, what is the point in re-running that mission again if it's nothing but a painfully slow grind anyway?

On 2018-08-17 at 3:14 PM, SamuraiPizza said:

So you've forgotten about Vauban again after that ridiculous, semantic argument "this is not a rework, these are tweaks" that dodges the central question.

Welp, time to move on from this game for a long, long time. Cheers.

This is how I have been feeling as a Vauban Main for the past two years. Makes me want to quit, but I don't because things can always get better, right? 

(Pfft...like DE cares...)

5 часов назад, korphd сказал:

You can always do survival corpus mission for Oxium....

Doesn't matter the lvl, there are plenty of them.

And get 200 oxium after 20 or 40 mintues if you're lucky.

Thanks. Very **** helpful. 

Archived