Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.4.2

[DE]Megan

On 2018-08-17 at 4:27 PM, XxWarlord2017xX said:

can we get a ,VOTE TO KICK (option) while in a mission, keep getting this people that afk at start point and do not help to complete mission and they keep the mobs distracted, specially in excavations, mobs go to him and mess up the game flow, they really just stand there and do nothing but get the rewards, if all members agree to KICK THE LEECH, the game will kick him from mission

There’s already an AFK timer that gates people from rewards. A vote to kick system will be too easily abused and I disagree with the idea it should be implemented.

Too many games of Left 4 Dead unhad because people were jackasses and insta kicked me. It’s pub. Deal with it. 😕

The nerf on the amp really does seem un-needed. I made a 143 amp since I saw this got nerfed and the 1 performs better in every single aspect compared to the 4. Slightly higher crit chance, no travel time, much less ammo cost, and better dps. The 4 hardly ever travels between enemies like it should and it's actual impact deals less than the raplok's shot. It's just bad with nothing going for it and no utility (The 2 beam may not be damaging but at least it completely homes in on the target).

Why the T4 amp is worse then other "lower tiered" amps ? Don't start it's not a lower tiered amp because you need to have high standing and each parts bp cost's 10K (the highest right now for amp) 

The oxium farm fiasco ... sure most of you guys don't see that as a nerf, you didn't do the capture mission that way, you also don't farm oxium just like i did not do. 

But the main problem is that oxium is the most stupid resource to farm, it's right up there with mutagen samples and god awful cetus wisps. There must be some other way to turn the drop numbers on the oxium and other resources. I did build Vauban and barely had the oxium to do so, mostly because i don't play Corpus missions (mostly grineer, corrupted in the void and some infested).  When you look at some weapons that need oxium to research in the dojo ... 25k for a 100 that drop from one mission ... that is absolutely not acceptable. Must i do the oxium missions for 1 month to just get 30K ? 

On 2018-08-19 at 4:55 PM, WingedCrusade said:

There’s already an AFK timer that gates people from rewards. A vote to kick system will be too easily abused and I disagree with the idea it should be implemented.

Too many games of Left 4 Dead unhad because people were jackasses and insta kicked me. It’s pub. Deal with it. 😕

AFK timer only works if you stand still for a min or so, these clever leechers move every 30 sec or min, so yes it is there but its a eye blind( peace of mind kinda thing)

and yes its public, thats why its so unfair for 2 or 3 people to do the work and others just get the reward, and as you mentioned it is public, a leecher can not AFK solo can they?

There are some leeches just like there are always some "useless" players who die all the time (the seem to be trying hard, but really are more of a liability).  Just is what it is.  Most missions are pretty easy anyhow, with only a few actually where four players are preferred to accomplish it. The leeches have picked a pretty dumb way to "play", so, whatever I guess.

A similar thing happens in Sanctuary all the time. Same but different, in that there are players that only stay 2-3 levels then bail...then the next one bails in another 2-3, leaving one player alone. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is I suppose.

I have just come to expect it to happen and live with it.  I am pleasantly surprised when a fully operational team of four manages to work together for a single mission. 

1 hour ago, XxWarlord2017xX said:

AFK timer only works if you stand still for a min or so, these clever leechers move every 30 sec or min, so yes it is there but its a eye blind( peace of mind kinda thing)

and yes its public, thats why its so unfair for 2 or 3 people to do the work and others just get the reward, and as you mentioned it is public, a leecher can not AFK solo can they?

Okay, well even then. What would your solution to abused kick votes be? Aka, Left 4 Dead never-play-matches-because-people-are-jackasses-simulator?

Seriously, a large portion of this community is nice, but vote kicks have always been abused heavily no matter the community and brings the worst out in people.

Besides, if you’re powerful enough then an AFKer kinda goes unnoticed at that point. I don’t really see or encounter leeches because, well. I probably don’t notice while I’m off slaughtering things giddily. The biggest irritation at that point may just be if you have to wait for extract for 50 seconds.

On 2018-08-17 at 1:27 PM, XxWarlord2017xX said:

can we get a ,VOTE TO KICK (option) while in a mission, keep getting this people that afk at start point and do not help to complete mission and they keep the mobs distracted, specially in excavations, mobs go to him and mess up the game flow, they really just stand there and do nothing but get the rewards, if all members agree to KICK THE LEECH, the game will kick him from mission

If you actually AFK throuhg a mission, you get nothing.

Been that way for a while. After about a minute of not moving, you stop auto picking up drops and everything, even if youre mashing ability buttons, (found this out way back when Nekros was new.) Even happens in archwing. (used Itzal to collect loot and energy) stopped picking up after about a minute, need to keep in motion.

If you don't at least attack and move, you litterally get nothing at the end, had a friend drag me through a mission while I was changing my childs diaper, thought it would be neat to help me out I guess. Got nothing. Not even Credits.

If you want to make sure you're not getting 'leachers' play friends only mode and invite people.

Otherwise, the current system has it handled nicely, a Vote to kick option would QUICKLY escalte into a troll tactic and get used as a weapon. (I've seen it happen in other games) 

I cannot agree with it. It would turn the community toxic in a very short time.

Glad *very sarcastic* to see the ONE decent oxium farm spot gone. Thanks for the other stuff, but seriously. You need to give us a better way to farm out oxium. I'm still in the dumps from crafting vauban prime, and that was like a year ago. The same goes for mutagen samples. Jfc. I'm mr 23, I'm the only active member in a ghost clan that is half ranked to the next size. i dont have the permisions to downsize the clan. And the hema will never be finished. It's a decent weapon, but far from the best. But why, oh why, de. Do you insist on giving it a ridiculous research requirement???

For a claim on bite sized gameplay, stuff like making rare resources more difficult to farm isn't making the game more bite sized. Its making it more tedious and unrewarding. There's a reason why new players struggle to get into and remain a warframe player. I've met poor players sometimes mr 6 or 7, who don't have essential and basic mods like continuity because it doesn't have a good drop rate on the lower tier planets. And i freely give them those mods, because there is NO REASON they shouldnt have those mods already. Stuff like this and intense resource requirements for okay-decent gear/frames/weapons need to be looked over and addressed. 

The hema isn't worth the 15k mutagen samples I'm going to have to dump into it. It really, really isn't. 

CC lost it's place in warframe in favor of kill fast. Vauban prime isn't worth the  7k oxium and 20 nitain to build. 20 nitain is at minimum, if you are on for every alert, a 5 day build up. Most of us aren't on for that, we might see 1 or 2 alerts making it a 10 day build up just for a lackluster frame. I'm not going to mention the hours needed to get that oxium. Vauban sits a little higher in the mastery fodder bin than wukong, but it's still a bin for sad and boring frames. Which both of them are. Especially wukong. So much potential, yet so boring. And I'm derailing from my point here.

Granted, I know warframe generally does better in terms of crafting requirements that a majority of other mmos. But that's still no excuse from giving us better farm spots for oxium and mutagen samples. 

with the change to capture missions can you please provide a more consistant way to farm oxium. the only way i could get an even some what decent amount of oxium was on Galatea. now idk what im gonna do but pray that i may get at least 50 oxium a mission when i need about 600 more oxium for my builds

Am 17.8.2018 um 22:08 schrieb [DE]Megan:

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.4.2

Capture Mission Changes:
Capture Targets now have a 1 minute Bleedout timer after being downed for 30 seconds, upon which Lotus will now alert you that you’re running out of time to capture the Target. Capture missions had become an unofficial Endless mission with the tactic of leaving the Target squirming on the ground for hours while players dealt with the never-ending horde of enemies. The Bleedout timer has been added as a countermeasure to fix the unintended Endless Capture missions.  

Who ever is responsible for this just smash your Head as hard as possible against a Concrete Wall multiple times...whats next Excavation Mission Fails when 3 Excavators get destroyed?

Archived