Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #115 Overview!

[DE]Helen

Devstream115_NewsHeader_v2.jpg

This week, the team is here to talk about everything from kickflips to statistics! This episode showcased what’s planned for Revenant (next week on PC!), shared more of what the team has been working on for Melee 3.0, and more. Watch the full episode below or keep reading to learn all the juicy details!

Spoiler

Housekeeping:

• Warframe's Official Soundtrack and We All Lift Together will soon be available on all major streaming platforms (Spotify, iTunes, Google, Amazon, and more)!
  • New Fan Forge merchandise is available now! You can by community-created mousepads, messenger bags and apparel from For Fans by Fans.
  • Based on your feedback, we will continue to offer separate Prime Accessories Packs for Prime Vaults!

Nezha Deluxe

In Devstream 115, we showed you TennoGen creator & all around awesome artist Liger Inuzuka’s Nezha Deluxe design. The team has been hard at work preparing Nezha Deluxe post-TennoCon.

Nezha.png

Here is a clip of Nezha Deluxe in-game. He’ll be ready to go ship after some effects polish!

Spoiler

Garuda

At TennoCon 2018, we shared concept art for an upcoming Warframe, Garuda. Work on this gore-based Warframe is ongoing. We plan to release her with the Fortuna update!

13Garuda.png

K-Drive

We’ve been working on adding style to K-Drive with some tricks and leaps of faith. Here’s a preview of what’s to come with many more animations on the way!

Grindin.gif

K-Drive customization will be connected to a Fortuna K-Drive gang. You’ll have to earn standing with the gang by performing tricks to purchase K-Drive customizations and Mods. K-Drive appearance will be Modular, but not functionality. Speed, jump-height, and handling characteristics will all be customizable!

KDriveSkillz.gif

The team also has plans for K-Drive Achievements and a Racetrack on Venus!

Login Rewards Update

Along with a UI update, the way we handle the Daily Tribute is being revamped. On Milestone days, you will be able to pick what item you’d like as a Reward. We’re also discussing the possibility of being able to select the same item more than once to exchange in a trading market. Mods and weapons will be included!

LoginRewardsV5.jpg

Mask of the Revenant

We hope to release the Revenant next week! With him will come a mysterious mask. You will have to visit Nakak in Cetus to uncover it!

Mask.jpg

Steve offered a bit more info about what to expect with the update while the team visited Nakak:

Spoiler

The Revenant Warframe will only be shipping with his shotgun. His melee weapon will follow soon after - it's caught up with the Melee 3.0!

Watch the Revenant in action with his fast-paced play style and strong defensive abilities:

Spoiler

The Elite Alert System and Melee 3.0

We will be introducing a new hourly Alert System soon! The codename:Elite Alert System offers no Revives. Squad Revivals will work, but if you choose to go in solo, being downed by an enemy will mean mission failure! The system will offer high credit rewards, but there’s also a cosmetic angle. The Emblem rewarded from the Elite Alert System will glow brighter for every Alert you play! A Dev Workshop with more info is coming soon.

Melee 3.0 has also seen a lot of progress. The channeling button will be used for heavy attacks, and channeling mods are being repurposed. Our Effects Team is working on different looks for these attacks!

Here’s a preview of how sparring-style melee will look with Melee 3.0:

Spoiler

Here’s a preview of the new look Elemental Mods will give your melee attacks with Melee 3.0:

Spoiler

Warframe Usage Statistics

Rebecca shared in-game statistics with the community during this episode! The team uses statistics like these to get a sense of what Warframes might need to be revisited.

Click here to see Warframe use by player Mastery Rank for the week of August 8 - 15! Note that each column represents a Mastery Rank. This is a public Google Doc - hi!

Other Tidbits:

• We’re having internal discussions about adding slots for Operator customization
  • We are looking into how to change Nyx's Abilities.
  • We are looking into adding more FOV changes to Warframe
  • A Relay rebuilding event is in the works. The event will include more information about Steel Meridian and old event weapons will return!
  • We have added colour customization to Railjack and are in the process of improving effects!Railjack Customization.gif

Currently watching certain content creators have tantrums on Twitter because they interpret the maybes and what-ifs of the login rework as "We're going to do all of these things you hate because we don't respect veterans and want to stick it to them."

Sometimes just trying to talk about this game is exhausting.

Looking forward to all the sweet stuff you guys are trying to get out in the next few months.

Wasn't expecting Revenant to drop so soon, I thought we had at least another month ahead of us. A nice surprise.

The elite alerts system sounds interesting but we'll have to see how it works ingame. Still, looking forward to that, as well as the login reward changes.

Oh my lord. That nezha skin. Good lord. OH MY GOOD LORD.

Also:

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

Other Tidbits:

• A Relay rebuilding event is in the works. The event will include more information about Steel Meridian and old event weapons will return!

What about the Proto Weapon Skins (the Dark Sector-looking ones) that were teased back in devstream 97?

You know, these guys:

xJ67LqL.png

ZEP0Fln.png

55 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

We’re also discussing the possibility of being able to select the same item more than once to exchange in a trading market. Mods and weapons will be included!

This is not a great idea, it defeats the point of having login rewards at all. I believe there are things that should be exclusive, at least to an extent (like locked behind login rewards now), it gives players a sense of prestige and recognition (even if it is just logging in to pick a reward), and the game currently lacks in this area.

I hope you reconsider this possibility.

1 minute ago, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

Rejoice friends, Nezha's new skin has breathed a new life of hype!!!! (i actually thought they were canceling it, lol)

I never once thought Nezha's skin was cancelled. Tho Zephyrs on the other hand might as well be. It will never come at this point. 

Just now, KubrowTamer said:

I never once thought Nezha's skin was cancelled. Tho Zephyrs on the other hand might as well be. It will never come at this point. 

Genuinely thought it was Zephyr since they described it as a deluxe from ages past and whatnot :tongue:. But I'm hardly disappointed with this.

Even if I don't play Nezha, it's something nice to look at when I meet one.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Genuinely thought it was Zephyr since they described it as a deluxe from ages past and whatnot :tongue:. But I'm hardly disappointed with this.

Even if I don't play Nezha, it's something nice to look at when I meet one.

Looks down

Yea, nice to look at if ya know what I mean

Atlas, Wukong, and Titania are the least used frames excluding those frames who already have their Primed versions. I know you stated it was for the week of August 8~15, but I think you knew it wasn't really any different any other week.

Well, here's hoping the reworks for Wukong and Titania goes well, and maybe another rework for Atlas or something.

The snowboarding minigame is cool though.

2 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

We are looking into adding more FOV changes to Warframe

Any chance of you guys looking into adding some custom resolution support? Even just making the config files read and understand your manually edited height and width values and not overwriting them in game unless specified by the player?

I am disappointed and concerned by the showcased sparring weapons.

In contrast with the sharp and crisp swings of the heavy blades you've already shown, the Kogake still looks more like a calisthenic exercise than a weapon when in use. The hand-stand split-kick looks downright comical. I hope that this is just a matter of "we've adapted the weapon controls to the new scheme but haven't polished the animations yet," but given you showcased it on the devstream I'm not optimistic.

Melee weapons don't actually suffer from an inability to close with enemies. Bullet-jumping and Parkour 2.0 fixed that issue long ago. Instead, they suffer from combos that are poorly adapted to normal combat circumstances in Warframe... and the sparring weapons shown will continue to suffer. That isn't limited to sparring weapons, either. Strikes should be fast, sharp, and efficient rather than looking like the Warframe is waving a wand or doing slow ballet.

Also, what the heck was with the Kogake's range extending like 3 feet past the fist? I've got no complaints if that's say, Primed Reach in action, but simply boosting the base range to be on-par with a Skana just seems like a cop-out.

10 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I am disappointed and concerned by the showcased sparring weapons.

In contrast with the sharp and crisp swings of the heavy blades you've already shown, the Kogake still looks more like a calisthenic exercise than a weapon when in use. The hand-stand split-kick looks downright comical. I hope that this is just a matter of "we've adapted the weapon controls to the new scheme but haven't polished the animations yet," but given you showcased it on the devstream I'm not optimistic.

Melee weapons don't actually suffer from an inability to close with enemies. Bullet-jumping and Parkour 2.0 fixed that issue long ago. Instead, they suffer from combos that are poorly adapted to normal combat circumstances in Warframe... and the sparring weapons shown will continue to suffer. That isn't limited to sparring weapons, either. Strikes should be fast, sharp, and efficient rather than looking like the Warframe is waving a wand or doing slow ballet.

Also, what the heck was with the Kogake's range extending like 3 feet past the fist? I've got no complaints if that's say, Primed Reach in action, but simply boosting the base range to be on-par with a Skana just seems like a cop-out.

Yea, I feel like they went to far on the range buffs. If your trying to make meeming less overpowering making every other weapon a mini meeming isnt fixing the problem

Nothing else for Vauban huh?

So you can't change his passive so that he actually has one when playing solo?

Make his Tesla grenades and any of his minelayer grenades actually useful?

Not to mention using and switching grenades on the fly feels clunky. 

Bastille is practically a useless ability that only becomes useful with Power Strength or the Augment, and sense you dont really build Power Strength you pretty much have to use the augment. Half the time enemies just constantly walk through the bastille when they should be getting repelled. 

Vortex is a great ability, but the rest of his abilities have no synergy with it. 

Vauban is just a slow clunky frame in a fast paced game so he just feels off. I only use him for high level infested defense because he gets 1 shot by anything with a gun. 

11 minutes ago, LeNinja_RyKo said:

why does nyx need a rework?

Its not that shes bad, its that there are frames that are better. And to the warframe community anything that is not best is trash. Therefore, it is getting a rework, probably wont be best but will be better but still expect it to be called trash.

Archived