Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #115 Overview!

[DE]Helen

11 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Oh just another thing I want to point out, this might put pressure on Rebecca but it’s a fact that showcasing a frame n dying with it in (high level) mission, isn’t favorable in showcasing or ‘selling’ the frame. 

There theeads surfacing about this, questioning the abilities n survivalibility of the frame etc. 

1 minute ago, kyori said:

Oh just another thing I want to point out, this might put pressure on Rebecca but it’s a fact that showcasing a frame n dying with it in (high level) mission, isn’t favorable in showcasing or ‘selling’ the frame. 

There theeads surfacing about this, questioning the abilities n survivalibility of the frame etc. 

Depends -  do you want 'godframe' ala Destiny avatar? or do you want something you can work on? I prefer the latter, some prefer the former. I'm more interested in the usage stats - looks like eidolon hunting is playing a part in Rhino's popularity while Trinity is dying a slow death...

Nezha deluxe while designed well the art wise, it is a nightmare of mine.
Too buffy, too big, those laps shields like Mirage, lack of proportions, and too Amaterasu from Ookami wannabe. Looks like Atlas cosplaying Amaterasu. Absolutely nothing that could fit to Nezha at all.

That data seems to be contamined by other stuff. One would expect that MR25 players would never again play non-primed versions of Warframes, but the data indicates otherwise. Either people are actually playing these frames or the data takes into consideration the entire history of each player, which isn't helpful. For example, I bought Mag Prime, which is my most used warframe, long before I even had started grinding for the standard Mag, which I've played for one reason alone: Mastery Rank. But if the data takes this one time I used it into consideration, then it is masking how often people are actively playing with these frames. I also never touched Vauban (Prime) again after I got to rank 30.

There is a drastic disparity between the designs of some of the early Prime warframes like Rhino Prime or Frost Prime vs the look of Nezha and some of the more recent Prime releases.  Are there plans to do another pass on the older Prime frames to bring their designs up to par w/ the newer ones ?

As an example I picked up Rhino Prime and it barely looks any different than the standard Rhino - different head / helmet and a couple of body accents but otherwise something like the Rhino Palatine Skin looks more "Prime" than the Rhino Prime itself.

DE, please. Don't release Phantasm in that state. Don't make it the boring kind of shotgun, it doesn't even feel Sentient.

What if, when you shot from it, it would spawn stationary beams that stayed up for 1 second, doing beam damage. Instead of being "channeled beam" it would be like a projectile that floats where it was fired and shoots a beam/beams for 1 second.

23 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Nezha Deluxe

The skin got me interested in using Nezha again... but when I was playing him again today, I notice his abilities are really lackluster. His warding halo not even near iron skin. All his divine spears did was to stall the enemies and the damage is really peanut, not to mention the long casting time. His throwing disc also just tickles enemies.

Please buff him if not a rework.

21 hours ago, LeNinja_RyKo said:

why does nyx need a rework?

My guess is she has a deluxe skin coming up some time so why not buff her too. Im sure it helps to sell more of them skins. Rebecca's face/response during the stream when she was asked why they are buffing her said it all hehe. Seems like I see way more threads on these forums asking for reworks for other frames like ash more then I have ever seen for Nyx. Oh well guess we all can hope for more deluxe skins for our favorite frames some day.😁

On 2018-08-17 at 4:48 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Along with a UI update, the way we handle the Daily Tribute is being revamped. On Milestone days, you will be able to pick what item you’d like as a Reward. We’re also discussing the possibility of being able to select the same item more than once to exchange in a trading market. Mods and weapons will be included!

Not a big fan of this Daily Tribute revamp idea for many reasons.

First, stating we will be able to pick a past weapon/mod and trade it to new players for plat implies that there aren't going to be any new items added to Daily Tribute for veteran players to get. This is disappointing to me as a veteran as I have no desire to trade these to new players for plat and it really spits in the idea these items being exclusive and something you can't just pay to plat to get.

Second, I really don't see the point of having login reward system when players are going to stop caring to login after they get the only two good weapons and only two good mods from the system. People are going to pick the best rewards early on and then not care enough to login every day for the mediocre stuff they didn't pick.

I also don't really like the concept of picking your rewards unless you implement an option for new player to delay picking a reward immediately. You're going to run into players who pick a reward just to get to playing the game and won't have the time to ask older players which choice would be best. Then that player feels frustrated they have to wait 100 days or more to get that choice again. A weapon voucher token and shop in the relay might better way to implement something like this as it will give the player time to contemplate their choice and consult other players.

On 2018-08-18 at 12:50 PM, Sanxxieh said:

Nezha deluxe while designed well the art wise, it is a nightmare of mine.
Too buffy, too big, those laps shields like Mirage, lack of proportions, and too Amaterasu from Ookami wannabe. Looks like Atlas cosplaying Amaterasu. Absolutely nothing that could fit to Nezha at all.

Yes and dragon on the back is 2 big  and back of the head is 2 massive and a collar around his neck looks more like somthing that French lady from 1950 would have,like some fur short coat YxK0pYx.jpg left is original and right is edit. 

On 2018-08-17 at 11:53 PM, Genitive said:

This is not a great idea, it defeats the point of having login rewards at all. I believe there are things that should be exclusive, at least to an extent (like locked behind login rewards now), it gives players a sense of prestige and recognition (even if it is just logging in to pick a reward), and the game currently lacks in this area.

I hope you reconsider this possibility.

Yeah got to say that when I saw the 'rework' for login rewards my first thought was that totally devalues the rewards and the time/effort some people have put in to get said items.  It's bad enough it's being made easier to pander to newbies who want things 'now' but to make them tradeable as well is kind of taking it too far imo. 

Le 19/08/2018 à 06:02, Fairwing a dit :

How about an elite mission that awards kuva?  For high ranked players credits don't offer much incentive but can't really ever have too much kuva.

I found it kinda funny yeah, the fact they stated "high credits and endo rewards", when it was "50 000 credits and 500 endo". It's not like you get that average amount of endo for each endo farming run in Vodyanoi. And regarding the credits it's far worse as you get 200 000 credits with a single Index high risk run. 200k being the very minimum. I'm doing this solo when i get a credits booster and it rewards 450k credits for a run between 5 to 7 minutes.

We don't know much on these anyway, and they're alerts, so maybe there'll be more interesting ones. It's just that i didn't find the rewards displayed as "high".

21 hours ago, GallyTurbo said:

Not a big fan of this Daily Tribute revamp idea for many reasons.

First, stating we will be able to pick a past weapon/mod and trade it to new players for plat implies that there aren't going to be any new items added to Daily Tribute for veteran players to get. This is disappointing to me as a veteran as I have no desire to trade these to new players for plat and it really spits in the idea these items being exclusive and something you can't just pay to plat to get.

Second, I really don't see the point of having login reward system when players are going to stop caring to login after they get the only two good weapons and only two good mods from the system. People are going to pick the best rewards early on and then not care enough to login every day for the mediocre stuff they didn't pick.

I also don't really like the concept of picking your rewards unless you implement an option for new player to delay picking a reward immediately. You're going to run into players who pick a reward just to get to playing the game and won't have the time to ask older players which choice would be best. Then that player feels frustrated they have to wait 100 days or more to get that choice again. A weapon voucher token and shop in the relay might better way to implement something like this as it will give the player time to contemplate their choice and consult other players.

at that i think with you: many people they stay the milestone day for take a specific weapon (the zenistar for example) and now you can do the possibility to trade with play and plus you do lucky to take it that in the choice at another 2 weapons or another item. but in the same moment for me i do most correct make yes the choise but not in all milestone redeem but any 50 that. take an example: i'm arrive at the 350 milestone day before of this change i take an sigil, an orokin catalyst and the credit boost all of that in one pack. in that moment for me is not important an sigil that I can't even sell and never use. so i do most correct take the choice in the 50s milestone days. with that you stay exclusive the milestone and the veteran They will not see lower the importance they have had to stand behind those goals that have made them to what they are now. In addition, it will give the youngest to choose between the aesthetics and/or want to go ahead and get one day to the same levels of veterans. that is for me the motivation to taking you right and in the same time take my think at this change. Sorry for the possible English grammatical errors

Hi folks, just poking my head in on the daily tribute change... and I feel compelled to ask, what do people who already have the things offered get? Don't tell me the option to choose them again because  not everyone wants to try and play the market which will become saturated when everyone can choose what they want. Will more things be added, will the people who did it the hard way the way you designed it to be done get anything in return for their effort? Or will it be like before when we were moving to this system and the days we'd logged in before were supposed to be carried over and then you said ya know, thats not fair new system starting fresh. This may be fantastic for a new player but what does it do for the people who are already at the top of the list have gotten everything this offers get out of it? I try not to rage about these sorts of things, I really do, been here for a long time, sunk time and money into the game cause I love it, but seriously why add this now... is is because of primed sure footed, because you could always just replace that with a different reward, know some people who legit just shook there head and went "Really?" when they saw that was a reward. I'm not to the top yet, but I've got the weapons, I'm not gonna get them again for other people,and if new rewards cease to be added guess I'll just end up waiting for that content for vets that is around the corner.

On 2018-08-17 at 5:07 PM, OvisCaedo said:

I wonder what awful "do the same thing a hundred times" source the eidolon frame's part drops will be shoved onto if his quest is going to be yet another plains focused thing. Just drop chances straight from the eidolon hunts?

Ooh ooh ohh, I know.  Blueprint is available from Konzu for 100k standing.  Then part A, B, C drop from the Teralyst, Gantulyst, and Hydrolyst!  Did I get it right?  Did I?

I really want to thank the team for the stats/#'s portion, that was great!

IMHO, it's aspects of Devstreams like this that really show DE's transparency with internal processes and analytics.  I realize it may be boring to some, but I hope the community knows that this type of behavior is NOT typical of most game development companies.

I also hope others realize, as I have, that a lot of DE's decisions ARE rooted in analytics/metrics...

...something to keep in mind when assessing reworks and updates like Melee 3.0 🙂

Thanks DE!

Archived