Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ReShade (Depth Buffer Enabled) for Warframe

DarthKadra

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

* Synced with ReShade 4.1.0.492.

* Added two presets utilizing qUINT shaders (see readme):

Shadow Warrior 2 preset. 

Alternative Warframe preset. Not subtle at all, alters game palette. No MXAO or Reflective Bumpmapping enabled by default to minimize performance toll - feel free to turn them on at your convenience. 

Comparison gallery:

https://imgur.com/a/Km8nZTe

Hey DarthKadra,

I publish tons of ReShade presets on Nexus and SFX (The Lazy), and have been bothered for years at not being able to use depth of field (which requires depth-access, as you know) in multiplayer games for years. Would you mind if I used your fixed .dll file in my presets for public use? I know you had to compile ReShade youself, and I'd do it myself, but I have no idea where to even begin or what program I would need to use or what files I would use from the ReShade repository to compile it myself. 

Below is my Youtube page, Nexus, SFX profile, and Facebook page, if you'd like to see my work or know I'm not B.S.ing you. Crucially, would like to use the depth-enabled .dll for Anthem and Division 2. Would be amazing if I can use it for this weekend's Anthem demo. Thanks so much for your consideration! 

Youtube: 

Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedodyssey/users/30481585?tab=user+files&BH=0

SFX: https://sfx.thelazy.net/users/u/AssassinsDecree/ 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MercsAssassin/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMercsAsn said:

Would you mind if I used your fixed .dll file in my presets for public use?

As long as your distribution complies with the following:

1. the original ReShade License (included in my distro as well) and

2. the current policy in respect of the reshade-shaders in that you may not include them in your distribution but rather have to redirect the user to download them from their original source.

3. contains short mention that the included binary is not an official ReShade build, was built by me (Kadra) and that it has depth buffer enabled regardless of network activity (so as to avoid any confusion for the users, risk-related or otherwise). 

I do give my express consent. 

1 hour ago, TheMercsAsn said:

Crucially, would like to use the depth-enabled .dll for Anthem and Division 2. Would be amazing if I can use it for this weekend's Anthem demo

The original ReShade is white-listed in many online games precisely because it disables the depth buffer access. If a game has a memory resident anti-cheat mechanism my modified binary will highly likely have a different signature for it, so to speak, than an original ReShade build. I myself do not play any such games so I don't know any specifics, but I hear that even the original builds have a delay after a new version release before they get white-listed in some games. Therefore, I'd advise you to tread carefully there lest you get yourself banned.

4 hours ago, DarthKadra said:

As long as your distribution complies with the following:

1. the original ReShade License (included in my distro as well) and

2. the current policy in respect of the reshade-shaders in that you may not include them in your distribution but rather have to redirect the user to download them from their original source.

3. contains short mention that the included binary is not an official ReShade build, was built by me (Kadra) and that it has depth buffer enabled regardless of network activity (so as to avoid any confusion for the users, risk-related or otherwise). 

I do give my express consent. 

The original ReShade is white-listed in many online games precisely because it disables the depth buffer access. If a game has a memory resident anti-cheat mechanism my modified binary will highly likely have a different signature for it, so to speak, than an original ReShade build. I myself do not play any such games so I don't know any specifics, but I hear that even the original builds have a delay after a new version release before they get white-listed in some games. Therefore, I'd advise you to tread carefully there lest you get yourself banned.

Thank you so much, DarthKadra! I'll be sure to give you credit. I've been trying to figure out how to build ReShade from the source code for a long time, but really have no idea how to begin to do it. Like I just look at all the loose files and don't even know what program I should be putting them in to. I assume I should be using Visual Basic Studio, but I have no idea if that's even right. Anyway, thank you so much, I'll use with caution and give folks warnings. I'll be sure to include the licensing file you have in your download too! 

Best wishes,

Merc

• 1 month later...

I appreciate you taking the time to provide these custom builds. It's been so long since I've last seen a network patched reshade that the latest shaders were breaking regularly. I do have a small request, could you include a 32bit build in your packages as well from now on? If you have a paypal, patreon, etc, I'd be more than happy to buy you lunch. But either way, thank you for the awesome service you provide. 

14 hours ago, DrivingVertigo said:

I appreciate you taking the time to provide these custom builds. It's been so long since I've last seen a network patched reshade that the latest shaders were breaking regularly. I do have a small request, could you include a 32bit build in your packages as well from now on? If you have a paypal, patreon, etc, I'd be more than happy to buy you lunch. But either way, thank you for the awesome service you provide. 

Thank you for the feedback. It never occurred to me some people might want a 32bit binary as well, but then again this didn't start as a public project, it's just something I do for myself and share with whoever else might need it. Anyway, it's no bother to build two binaries instead of one. Enjoy.

UPDATE:

* Included a 32bit binary into distro as per request

---

No need to update if you're running a 64bit system.

17 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I think it's a good way to enhance really old games, HL 1, Quake but it's not very useful for relatively recent games.

Yet, you can still improve some aspects of it. And there are many options that do not improve anything technically, but can change the image significantly to please your eye. This is true for any game, recent or not. 

In Warframe, I mostly use it because I can apply a different colour palette and sharpening without TXAA. I also happen to like one of the film grain implementations in reshade-shaders much better than what the game offers. Deepen the shadows a bit, add in a bit of chromatic aberration and clarity for flavour. Add in some very subtle ambient occlusion and reflective bumpmapping. The resulting visual output is aesthetically pleasing and it would be really hard to revert to the vanilla graphics for me.

Same it true for newer titles like Witcher 3, for example, - those default colours are godawful because of the yellowish tint. A lot of games have some kind of tint. The whole Mass Effect trilogy is soaked in blue and Deus Ex HR has that (in)famous golden shine (some people like it). Many games have oversaturated colours and so on.

For some people all those things don't matter, some don't notice it, some would like it better as it is. I just do this for myself, share with whoever might like it but is unable to patch the original by himself. 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE for users of ReShade (regardless of whether you use my particular build or not):

Recently it came to my attention that several players had claimed to had been banned for use of ReShade alone (posted topics in the corresponding forums). I've done my best to get an official response from DE (link follows) and I would like to give you an update on the situation regarding this matter.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1078530-alleged-bans-due-to-using-reshade-or-similar-injectors/?do=findComment&comment=10645423

Short things short: DE has never banned for injectors such as this and it remains their official position.

In addition to that, my personal take on this is that you must understand, that having something like CheatEngine, for example, or any other similar software running in the background (even if you were not using it in respect of Warframe) while also using ReShade could result in a ban which you might attribute to using ReShade, while in reality ReShade was not the cause.

All in all, we should be safe as long as we do not abuse the game, which is something I would like to see in the Tenno community that I am trying to promote. 

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am aware of the new ReShade release v. 4.3.0. Builds will be provided later in the beginning of the coming month, reasons being:

1. Lack of time due to catastrophic physical exhaustion caused by the job. 

2. Expectations of possible minor bug-fixing official build, which is often the case after a major release. Meaning considering 1) I want to wait a wee bit before doing it.

UPDATE:

* Synced with ReShade 4.3.0.563

Added info on patching default AmbientLight.fx to remove striped pattern artifacts to readme

* Updated Warframe preset, added presets for Deus Ex: Human Revolution (not Director's Cut!) and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (I've to say I'm quite proud of the last two)

P.S. My Warframe preset, should you chose to use it, relies on FXAA in the game settings (which is the best AA method the game has to offer despite it being the lowest setting) and filmgrain being disabled (because it uses filmgrain of its own)

Edited by DarthKadra

On 2018-10-20 at 7:03 AM, DarthKadra said:

ReShade won't get you banned on Warframe, someone from DE staff said in the past that it's alright to use it.

That was a long, long time ago. There was a topic brought up not too long ago regarding ReShade. It was being detected as a 3rd party and people's accounts were being banned for cheating. I've no idea if Steve of Reb or anyone else from DE have recently (as in this year) stated if ReShade is safe to use, but for now?

Avoid it, or use it at your own risk.

The game is perfectly fine without it anyway imo 🙂

• Like 1

En 4/3/2019 a las 5:10, FlusteredFerret dijo:

DE are overhauling the graphics anyway, so I think I'll pass.

Never download 3rd party stuff as you never know what nasty surprises might be lurking inside.

i honestly use it to fix the graphics DE is taking forever to fix (damn adaptive exposure, i have my own retinas thx)

8 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

That was a long, long time ago. There was a topic brought up not too long ago regarding ReShade. It was being detected as a 3rd party and people's accounts were being banned for cheating. I've no idea if Steve of Reb or anyone else from DE have recently (as in this year) stated if ReShade is safe to use, but for now?

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I recall accounts getting banned for using this.

Look two posts up before the last update. [DE]Bear replied that DE have never banned for ReShade.

Edited by DarthKadra

6 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

So it was SweetFX?

Was it ever? I've seen two such claims (or maybe one and the same - because of duplicate topics) but we cannot confirm them.

I mean, there's a story in which a guy allegedly had ReShade installed for a while, but it never worked until Day X and on that day "it suddenly popped up" and he instantly got banned. And the support's reply mentions "3rd party software designed for the sole purpose of cheating" without expressly naming such software. While I'm not saying it's a completely implausible story that could involve an accidental press of the hotkey for the injector that had been dormant all that time (loaded but inactive and not detected in such state) followed by a false anti-cheat trigger and incompetence and/or unwillingness to deal with the situation in a reasonable manner on the part of support, it could also have a different explanation. 

In light of the fact that I've used both SweetFX and ReShade over the past few years and [DE]Bear's response to the effect that they've never banned for ReShade I see no reason for myself to be concerned over rumours which can be spread very easily when people hear someone cry wolf and are quick to relay that to their neighbours. 

In any case, there is no new information on the matter to discuss.  As I wrote in the starting post - use your own judgment. 

Edited by DarthKadra

Hey, DarthKadra, I spent so much time online trying to find out about removing the network detection that Reshade employs that disables the depth buffer and things, just on happenstance, found your thread in these forums, so, talk about super lucky.

I have a request, but I entirely am aware it's a bit much, so I can understand fully if you can't.

Do you think you could do a writeup of how to compile Reshade and what exactly needs to be omited or something to disable the network detection? I have no experience with coding and the only time I've compiled source code was for PCSX2 and a very specific fix that was specific to me and .... that process took so much time.

Things like the software, what to install, and how to navigate the coders minefield that is Visual Studio. Then how to sift through the files that need changing and what-not.

However, if you can't, I totes understand. I'll be using the reshade builds you changed anyhow, 'cause you got this stuff down.

I was also wondering if you know of a way to disable Reshade searching for the latest version online?

Anyhow, thanks very much for building Reshade with the network detection disabled, huge thanks, mega thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Informational update:

Please, read the official missive above carefully.

In simple terms, the summary:

Nothing has changed, use your own judgment, as I've always said. Should be fine if you don't abuse the game mechanics in some way. 

Edited by DarthKadra