Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not a Prisma Hind?

PathieZ

Ever since Update 9.6, the Hind has been there for all the Tenno that thought "Finally, a meaty 5-shot burst rifle that looks like a baguette!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GAs-NCdAbA

Sadly, it's been doomed to be mastery fodder for years. It took a fix to fire-rate mods on burst weapons, a single-shot alt-fire mode, and rivens to...still be painfully average. It is the low-tier guilty pleasure you can't justify using at higher levels in face of most other burst-fire guns, especially with the monster that is the Tiberon Prime. The poor thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAwWguXARzQ

But such a state of affairs leaves open a prime opportunity. What if Baro Ki'teer whipped out his prisma brush and prepared a glazed baguette in the void oven? Not only would it look awesome, but it'd be the perfect excuse to buff stats like the fire-rate and magazine to make those 5-shot bursts really fun, even if the ammo-economy takes a further nose-dive in the process. We have an incredible set of mods these days for assault rifle primaries, and it'd be worth the ducats to breathe some new life into an old classic.

I don't see why not, though it would be great if the DEvs implimented some kind of toggle that allowed you change alt-fire from "click to switch firing modes" to "alt-fire on press" and vice versa, because the Hind is one of those weapons where trying to use the alt-fire is an assault on one's fingers.

P.S. A Prisma Kraken/Kraken Wraith would be a welcomed upgraded gun as well, I feel like that's another old-school weapon that's been forgotten.

9 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I don't see why not, though it would be great if the DEvs implimented some kind of toggle that allowed you change alt-fire from "click to switch firing modes" to "alt-fire on press" and vice versa, because the Hind is one of those weapons where trying to use the alt-fire is an assault on one's fingers.

P.S. A Prisma Kraken/Kraken Wraith would be a welcomed upgraded gun as well, I feel like that's another old-school weapon that's been forgotten.

Yeah, that alt-fire throws me way off. A semi-auto click of a bulky mouse wheel at the default fire-rate isn't terribly demanding, but throw in fire-rate mods to up the DPS and it turns into misery. God, can you imagine mashing a metallic wheel like on a Sidewinder Mouse with your trigger finger?

9 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

I'd happily take a Hind upgrade, but like Paradoxbomb suggested, what I really want is a kraken upgrade 😛

But then why not both, Prisma Hind and Kraken Wraith!

I could see the Hind and Kraken both as good candidates for fun upgrades of low-tier burst-fire weapons! I hesitated suggesting a Hind Wraith because new Wraith weapons are typically top event rewards, and I can already hear the collective groans of agony from most other players to grind for these. Then again, I may underestimate the Cult of Kraken. 😉

Whether from Baro or through an operation, new variants of the Hind and Kraken together would be quite cool. A tenno can dream!

Pssssh, Kraken was buffed during update 22.12 and even PBR’d on 22.20. While Hind received a new semi-auto alternative firing mode in update 20.0, and was buffed further during update 22.12. So even if those two are still lacking they at least got some attention. Meanwhile the true champion of ugly underrated Grineer badass cannons remains unloved and forgotten:

.latest?cb=20140124172529

Stug, the Totally Not a Bio Rifle from Unreal Tournament gun, contender for one of the largest secondary weapons in the game, still has yet to receive a stat tweak AT ALL, let alone a PBR makeover or new variant. Update 22.12, with all of its sweeping buffs and stat changes, completely ignored our favorite goo thrower.  Though I suppose it doesn’t really need a buff, what with its whopping 5% Crit and 10% status alongside its completely useless alt-fire. 

Thinking about I guess I wouldn’t mind a Hind or Kraken variant either but the Stug needs some love!

Edited by OmegaZero633

1 hour ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Pssssh, Kraken was buffed during update 22.12 and even PBR’d on 22.20. While Hind received a new semi-auto alternative firing mode in update 20.0, and was buffed further during update 22.12. So even if those two are still lacking they at least got some attention. Meanwhile the true champion of ugly underrated Grineer badass cannons remains unloved and forgotten:

.latest?cb=20140124172529

Stug, the Totally Not a Bio Rifle from Unreal Tournament gun, contender for one of the largest secondary weapons in the game, still has yet to receive a stat tweak AT ALL, let alone a PBR makeover or new variant. Update 22.12, with all of its sweeping buffs and stat changes, completely ignored our favorite goo thrower.  Though I suppose it doesn’t really need a buff, what with its whopping 5% Crit and 10% status alongside its completely useless alt-fire. 

Thinking about I guess I wouldn’t mind a Hind or Kraken variant either but the Stug needs some love!

Hmm. At least with Mirage and Fulmination you can rain those blobs everywhere for crowd control (and blow yourself up in the process). Still, valid points on the Stug. The delay in the detonation can also be quite a downer, and those stats suffer hard against high-level heavies.

That being said, this thread sure is broadening quickly. If anything suggested in this thread becomes reality, I will pin my optimistic hopes on a glazed baguette. A Kraken variant would just be icing on the cake for me. 

ever since the last major Weapon rebalance, Hind has been a good Weapon.
it's only mastery fodder if your rating of Weapons is whether it beats the top10 or not. it is in a solid middle of the ladder place.

if you cannot make Hind perform well, currently that is on you, not the Weapon.

18 hours ago, taiiat said:

ever since the last major Weapon rebalance, Hind has been a good Weapon.
it's only mastery fodder if your rating of Weapons is whether it beats the top10 or not. it is in a solid middle of the ladder place.

if you cannot make Hind perform well, currently that is on you, not the Weapon.

I fail to see how any of that would discount how rad a Prisma Hind would be. We're talking a fairly unique weapon in function and looks that was balanced stat-wise for no mastery rank requirement. As-is, it's definitely a stepping-stone for newer players. A Prisma Hind variant would be a fun refresh, plus for a brief moment in time everyone would be running around with glazed baguette guns. Would that not be fun? I think it'd be fun. 🙂 

56 minutes ago, PathieZ said:

I fail to see how any of that would discount how rad a Prisma Hind would be.

well, your starting point for the Thread was 'because this Weapon is bad' and such.

and then if i read further, no increasing the Fire Rate would seriously hurt the theme of the Weapon. better off making it deal high Damage but retain the lower Fire Rate. to function something like a Burst Light Cannon.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

well, your starting point for the Thread was 'because this Weapon is bad' and such.

and then if i read further, no increasing the Fire Rate would seriously hurt the theme of the Weapon. better off making it deal high Damage but retain the lower Fire Rate. to function something like a Burst Light Cannon.

I can respect a different approach to the possible buffs a Prisma Hind could have. While I enjoy modding the fire-rate on my Hind to rapidly and loudly chew through a magazine 5 rounds at a time, that's different from toying around with stats on a Hind variant to innately do the same thing. DE has every right to consider those suggestions awful and go about it differently. I'd still enjoy the opportunity to pore over a new take on the stats and mod the heck out of it.