Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Usage Statistics. In a chart.

Airwolfen

DE released the usage numbers for week August 8 to 15 (here). The whole list of numbers was IMO, a mess. So I saved it to my own drive, organized it by bundling frame versions and globally sorting by release date, and turned it into a chart. So why not share it with the masses right?

This is the link to the sheet. the chart itself is on the second tab.

But I also have it in image form for ease of viewing:

4X5y4DN.png

Poster boy is sure doing his job for the starting players.

So yeah. to those who were interested.

EDIT: For some reason the last 5 frames were knocked out when assigning the chart to its own page and I did not check it. sorry for the inconvenience, they have now been added.

Edited by Airwolfen

Hrm. So far this pretty much only confirms that as you get to higher MR, you get access to more frames and especially harder-to-get frames and primes. Perhaps if it was all mashed together without considering MR it could mean something different.

Though I do notice that Saryn Prime and Loki Prime are the "most" popular at the max MR, relative to the others.
Followed by Volt Prime and Rhino Prime.
Looking at the others, you start to get into the question of how hard the grind is and whatnot. Like Atlas? A lot of people just straight up refuse to fight Jordas.

Nyx Prime and Vauban Prime being less used at max MR than Harrow or even Nezha is mildly troubling...
And Mag Prime is painfully low, despite being such a well-designed frame. Is it just because Mag is also a starter frame, so people find Mag gameplay less interesting?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

28 minutes ago, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

is it me, or did i not see nidus on that list?

7 minutes ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

There's also no Gara or Khora?

For some reason the last 5 frames were knocked out when assigning the chart to its own page and I did not check it. sorry for the inconvenience, they have now been added.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Not surprised to see Wukong being resoundingly unused, surprised Atlas is just as unused. Thought the rework for him was pretty decent.

I think Atlas still just has a bad rep mostly. with that people easily write him off still.

With Wukong it seems to be mostly down to, you either play him for the most part or almost never. From my experience at least.

2 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

They were there for me before your edit.

I was already working on fixing the chart by that point. they were in the list of raw data though, but the chart before editing it seemed to go up to line 53, while there was data up to 58.

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I think Atlas still just has a bad rep mostly. with that people easily write him off still.

With Wukong it seems to be mostly down to, you either play him for the most part or almost never. From my experience at least.

Sounds about right, so far as I hear he's plenty viable now. I guess people just have their own favourites already. 

As for Wukong yeah, you might find the odd person playing him just for the immortality so they can have an easy mode, but for the most part there's better frames for that and he's only played by people who really like him. 

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Not bad. One other thing that might be nice is an average? Like, the average use across all MR's.

There was an average in the original data. Bit it looked out of place next to the other stats as it either was not visible, as in next to a few high column or stuck out like a sore thumb. so in the end it was very hard to really look at.

Though I can look into giving it its own chart.

3rd tab added withe the average user data but its good to note that some warframes, especially with this version are scewed to higer levels al lower MR players have limited frame access, especially Excaliburs user data is extremely high due to most starters picking him as seen in the MR chart.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Far right figure on the google doc was average iirc.

Sorry, must have missed it.

1 hour ago, Airwolfen said:

There was an average in the original data. Bit it looked out of place next to the other stats as it either was not visible, as in next to a few high column or stuck out like a sore thumb. so in the end it was very hard to really look at.

Though I can look into giving it its own chart.

Thanks for the easy-to-read bar chart version though, very useful.

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Nyx Prime and Vauban Prime being less used at max MR than Harrow or even Nezha is mildly troubling...
And Mag Prime is painfully low, despite being such a well-designed frame. Is it just because Mag is also a starter frame, so people find Mag gameplay less interesting?

Thankfully they're getting rid of the Nyx 2 and giving her a new power....what it will be we'll see but I'm looking forward to it. I just got the prime version and I'm enjoying using her current 3.

Vauban is trash IMO. Looks bad and doesn't have a single ability that I'd say is memorable. Bastille might be useful to some but so many other frames have powers I'd so much rather have on my team or myself. Plus I have bad experiences running missions with troll Vaubans that put that bouncing mine all over the place.

Mag doesn't have much use right now...the stripping armor ability which seems to be her hallmark ability just doesn't do much when so many people run corrosive projection, and also so much content that you might matchmake for is at levels where armor just isn't a factor unless you stick around for over an hour.

interesting. looks like nyx is the only prime under 1% at max rank and even with vaubans tweaks his prime barley seems to have hit above that mark. not gonna lie for the new passive alone i kinda thought he might be looking a bit better.

Edited by Deathnor

The data is skewed.

By no fault of the OP...and nice work on that chart, btw.

The data isn't accurate due to the fact of when players can get access to the frames. Excal comes in first for beginners from his stats and status. Those that ask get pointed toward him. Those that look at numbers take him due to his armor/shields/health. Abilities, and the damage/buffs they do are less a factor as new players don't know what they do yet (at least not with a little research, which most don't want to take the time to do).

Prime variants are higher used by the higher MR's....duh! While the non-Prime variants are used more by the lower MR's since they haven't gotten them yet.

New frames, like Khora, and Umbra Excal are used more by higher MR's, since it's new an shiny and more MR points. Even Limbo Prime (one of the more controversial frames) spikes pretty heavily among the higher MR's.

Saryn Prime is more used by higher MR's due to her recent rework. Players are/were working up new builds for her, or simply revisiting her to see if they like her now.

Umbra Excal, Trinity Prime, Frost Prime are all on the top of the list since they are new (in the case of Umbra), or free with Twitch Prime. (I bet the free Twitch Prime weapons would be about the same usage if one looked at those stats). In fact, Primes not given for free with Twitch Prime, will be lower among lower MR's for the reason that the only way they would have them would be to buy them. Otherwise, players will, of course, be higher MR by the time they can farm them.

Given that, the only spikes I feel are noticeable are, Volt Prime, Loki Prime, and Mesa.

Low use would be Wukong, Atlas, Nehza, and Titania.

All the rest falling into a "middle ground" (excluding non-Prime variants since once the Prime is available, the regular will fall off by default).

I'd also be interested to know what time frame was used to collect this data. Since some frames have been here since launch, and some just a few bare months.

while i'm sure it is flawed, it is an interesting chart.

I still have to farm up Atlas... and after some of the discussion here i kinda want to try him.

Also kinda curious about Loki prime. He is basically dead even with Saryn prime at higher MR numbers.

My saryn prime is a beast and i see her fairly often in groups. I fully understand that one.

I don't use my loki much (and would have to buy loki prime... but i can do that if i want). I didn't realize he was that popular. Have to look up what builds people are running on him and what they are doing with em 🙂

Straight up CC frames suffer in the current meta. In most mission types you do not need to slow enemies down, and you usually don't want to. In other missions where you don't need to kill stuff as fast as possible, killing stuff is still a viable alternative to CC. Vauban and Nyx also have soft CC, they don't fully prevent damage so you often can't use them by themselves to defend objectives (excavations, mobile def). CC also doesn't work on bosses or capture targets.

Basically there's no mission type where another frame, or just 4 players in your team killing stuff, doesn't already provide adequate control over a map.

Personally, I think fiddling with frame abilities is probably looking for a solution in the wrong place. It'd be better to brainstorm new mission types, or adjustments to old mission types to create missions with a need for map control. Or possibly new or adjusted enemies that are more effective to CC than kill. That said, Nyx's kit is all over the place.

Edited by schilds