Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Plasmor and Headshotting

Signs

Ever since hotfix 22.10, Arca Plasmor can no longer trigger headshot damage. This change went though because it has innate punchthrough and AOE damage resulting in tons of headshots. 

What if they just made it so that there is a small point of the AOE of the projectile that can headshot?

(  ·  ) < - - - example

Hitting a head in the AOE portion can't trigger headshot damage. But the little dot can trigger headshot damage. So if you are accurate, you can still trigger headshot damage. This also makes it so that it doesn't trigger a TON of headshots with 1 slug/bullet.

I don't know if DE will make that change since Arca Plasmor can still trigger Headshot mechanics on abilities and Arcanes.

Harrow Covenant can still apply Headshot Crit chance bonus with Arca Plasmor. Same for Arcane Rage increasing Primary Weapon Damage or Arcane Victory allowing Arca Plasmor headshots to heal.

These mechanics still working with Arca Plasmor headshots without the headshot double damage...still allows Arca Plasmor "easy mode" headshots to be potent.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Honestly to take away headshots is silly on DEs part. The gun is a space cannon. If it has a huge spread and hits there head why shouldn't it count as a head shot. Your physically hitting there head with the weapon. The weapon is designed for wide spread aoe dmg. What's the point of having it if your just gonna take away the benefits that already exist in the game. Having the enemies hit in the head but not getting head shot dmg is just dumb. If they thought it was to powerful then they needed a better way to fix it not just cope out and take away headshots. Not cool. When thing just physically don't make sense in the game it's really annoying. Just like when u have negative range on a weapon even though the weapon is physically touching the enemy it will not register as them getting hit. No sense need to change. 

I would be all for the reticle of Arca Plasmor "aligned shots" having headshot multilplier factored in.

-Odd that other body weakpoint Multipliers still apply 

BUT only if DE also reverts Airburst Headshot capability on Castanas, Talons, and Penta.

I really miss the skill involved with Penta Airburst on Grenades.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-18 at 4:14 PM, -Signs- said:

Hitting a head in the AOE portion can't trigger headshot damage. But the little dot can trigger headshot damage

I'm fairly sure it already does this - they nerfed the wave of headshots effect, but you can still score a direct hit with the centre of the wave. You can definitely still achieve "get 10 headshots" affinity bonuses with the Arca Plasmor.

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I'm fairly sure it already does this - they nerfed the wave of headshots effect, but you can still score a direct hit with the centre of the wave. You can definitely still achieve "get 10 headshots" affinity bonuses with the Arca Plasmor.

Right now, the whole AOE can trigger headshots and Laser Sight mod. But it deals no bonus damage. See here I was talking about "headshot damage."