Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monolith, Phobos Open World [Concept]

Starslayer16

When playing The Glast Gambit I was fascinated by the idea of the Mycona Colony. But I ended up being very disappointed once I actually played the quest. The lore behind the Mycona is very rich, but the colony itself looks like a generic Corpus ship. 

Obviously for an open world map it would probably make more sense for the Mycona Colony to be a crashed ship on the surface of Phobos, as opposed to orbiting the moon. Than Monolith itself to be the surface surrounding the Mycona Colony.

We already have a Grineer themed open world, and a Corpus themed one on the way. To keep the game fresh I believe the next one should be Infestation themed. Maybe we the Tenno help fight against the Infested Horde and collect resources for the Myconians to survive. Maybe we help them expand past the protection of the Triuna. Maybe there's some crossfire with the Corpus, the other primary faction of Phobos.

I think this idea would be more creative than the most likely open world after Fortuna. That being a Grineer themed desert of Mars, which I think would feel like a re-texture of Plains of Eidolon. But, there's other good ideas out there that other community members have come up with, such as the Gas Cities of Jupiter.

Edited by Starslayer16