The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Mag Haters

Slurmageddon

I used to be just like you. Thought that Mag was a useless un-fun squishy squad-liability who I would just grind through for the mastery. And she is now the second last frame for me to level (until necro)

And even when playing her that was still more or less my thought process even when trying some of the things her fans talk about like pull's CC and crush being a decent damage dealer but both were meh. Bullet attractor was pretty good against Raptor but that was about it.

The I discovered one particular spam-able combo.

Step1) Have Mag with max pull (potato not necessary)

Step2) Have an Orthos with a charge build (again potato or max level not necessary)

Step3) Play Kappa or some other large mob orientated map, not infested.

Step4) Pull large crowds to your feet and use the Orthos' charge attack

This is easily one of the best melee-power combos Ive seen in the game and makes Mag genuinely fun to level even if just for her mastery.

EDIT: Having moved onward and experimented a bit more, Mag as some neat little tricks and has real potential when you know how to handle her. Maybe some things could use with a tweak here, bit of a buff there, but in general I actually quite enjoyed playing her.

Edited by Santaphrax

I like her but I still think she needs buffing. It isn't about hate. Its different.

Her abilities only go so far and then after that she then becomes useless she may be able to cope in places like kappa (which isn't special now since kappa got nerfed down a bit) but go to europa and she has quite a nasty time there.

Edited by Palkora

I think if you cast Bullet Attractor on a durable bullet sponge and pull him/her towards you, you essentially have a makeshift Snow Globe. Though, there may be problems if there are some melee enemies in that bunch.

Also, if you have a heavy melee weapon with North Wind on it, you can slow them all after a pull with an AoE jump attack. This primes them all up for Torid/Ogris hits.

Mag? Mag is good. Not as godly as Rhino or Vauban, but still good.

Proper Pull use.

1. Setup your Mag with the max stretch and focus, wear Coil Helmet. 

2. Take any fast shooting gun such as Flux, Boltor, Grakata, etc.

3. Use one-two pulls to grab every possible enemy beneath your feet.

4. Fast turning and pressing your fire key.

Proper Shield Polarize using.

1. Setup your Mag with the max stretch, focus, streamline and redirection, wear Coil Helmet.

2. Go to any Corpus map where you've got guarantee to meet a shield osprey.

3. Find a large horde of enemies, shielded with an osprey.

4. Pull them back under your feet.

5. Press 2. BAM! They're all dead because shield osprey has converted into the living bomb.

6. Spam your 2 while in the heat of the battle to restore your own shields and shields of your teammates. Works perfeclty.

Proper Bullet attractor using.

1. Setup your Mag as usual, stretch and focus, wear Coil Helmet.

2. Find some heavy unit and apply Bullet Attractor on it.

3. Hide yourself into that big yellow sphere where you'll be safe and no bullet will hit you.

4. Wait 'till more target get into the sphere - not a big deal with its great radius. You can also use your pull to put them together.

5. Kill the primed target and every single enemy in the sphere will get hit.

Proper ult using.

Dunno what to say. If you've got hard times using Mag's ult, you probably really do not have to play with her.

EDIT: suggestion about using both attractor and pull altogether.

Edited by MECT0HET

I used to be just like you. Thought that Mag was a useless un-fun squishy squad-liability who I would just grind through for the mastery. And she is now the second last frame for me to level (until necro)

And even when playing her that was still more or less my thought process even when trying some of the things her fans talk about like pull's CC and crush being a decent damage dealer but both were meh. Bullet attractor was pretty good against Raptor but that was about it.

The I discovered one particular spam-able combo.

Step2) Have an Orthos with a charge build (again potato or max level not necessary)

This is easily one of the best melee-power combos Ive seen in the game and makes Mag genuinely fun to level even if just for her mastery.

if you only recently found this combo, no wonder you wern't having a good time until now. This is pretty bare bones basic mag strategy.

Try the amphis as well. pull - jump attack stun lock fun time.

I have 7 frames, Nova, and frost prime being 2/3 of what i consider my main, working on a vauban. Mag is my 3rd main and i still highly regard her as a good frame. Advanced players know how well she can function in an organized group, only n00bs and intermediates think she's bad, and most of it is from hearsay, people don't even give her a fair shake before casting judgment.

if you only recently found this combo, no wonder you wern't having a good time until now. This is pretty bare bones basic mag strategy.

Try the amphis as well. pull - jump attack stun lock fun time.

I have 7 frames, Nova, and frost prime being 2/3 of what i consider my main, working on a vauban. Mag is my 3rd main and i still highly regard her as a good frame. Advanced players know how well she can function in an organized group, only n00bs and intermediates think she's bad, and most of it is from hearsay, people don't even give her a fair shake before casting judgment.

Well as you saw back in my n00b days I had all that hearsay going on so I left off levelling her until now when Im fast approaching rank 9 and discovering she has the potential if you know what youre doing

Mag? Mag is good. Not as godly as Rhino or Vauban, but still good.

Proper Pull use.

1. Setup your Mag with the max stretch and focus, wear Coil Helmet. 

2. Take any fast shooting gun such as Flux, Boltor, Grakata, etc.

3. Use one-two pulls to grab every possible enemy beneath your feet.

4. Fast turning and pressing your fire key.

Proper Shield Polarize using.

1. Setup your Mag with the max stretch, focus, streamline and redirection, wear Coil Helmet.

2. Go to any Corpus map where you've got guarantee to meet a shield osprey.

3. Find a large horde of enemies, shielded with an osprey.

4. Pull them back under your feet.

5. Press 2. BAM! They're all dead because shield osprey has converted into the living bomb.

6. Spam your 2 while in the heat of the battle to restore your own shields and shields of your teammates. Works perfeclty.

3. Hide yourself into that big yellow sphere where you'll be safe and no bullet will hit you.

4. Wait 'till more target get into the sphere - not a big deal with its great radius.

Proper ult using.

Dunno what to say. If you've got hard times using Mag's ult, you probably really do not have to play with her.

I will begin testing now thank you !

4. Wait 'till more target get into the sphere - not a big deal with its great radius.

Huh... couldn't you use Pull to expedite the "get enemies under Bullet Attractor" part?

Now, start pulling toxics.

I will begin testing now thank you !

Have fun! And do not call Mag squishy anymore, because she can restore her shields instanly. 

Huh... couldn't you use Pull to expedite the "get enemies under Bullet Attractor" part?

Good idea. They're pretty fast to do it by theirselves though, especially on defence missions, but who said we're unable to speed up a process.

Now, start pulling toxics.

This is no-brainer. Just stand behind any obstacle and use pull through it. Works perfeclty.

I don't think people actually hate mag. They just don't find her as useful as the other Warframes, which is why she is underplayed.

People do not hate Mag, they're simple prefer to use any another warframe. I think this is because of relatively expensive skills, partially duplicated or outperformed by others.

1. Pull - outperformed by Banshee's SonicBoom.

2. Shield polarize - outperformed by Trinity's ult.

3. Bullet attractor - outperformed by Frost's Sphere.

4. Crush - is partially useless because of it's affecting by enemy's armor.

People can forgive one of these points, but not all them altogether. However, you should LEARN to play with Mag and THINK on the battlefield. And this is not fun most of the time.

People do not hate Mag, they're simple prefer to use any another warframe. I think this is because of relatively expensive skills, partially duplicated or outperformed by others.

1. Pull - outperformed by Banshee's SonicBoom.

How does an ability that has the exact opposite effect of Pull outperform it? This isn't even comparing apples to oranges, it's fire extinguishers to flame throwers

Edited by Karma_Ghost

How does an ability that has the exact opposite effect of Pull outperform it? This isn't even comparing apples to oranges, it's fire extinguishers to flame throwers

Crowd control. Both skills are created to clear an area and radial push is much more effective than pulling them all close to you. Besides, SonicBoom is much faster and spammable. 

I don't have a problem with Mag and think she is a fun frame to use. I know she isn't the best and there are much more viable frames for high level play, but Pull and Shield Polarize can still be used effectively.

The only frame I think is absolutely worthless is Trinity.

Mag is more synergistic to all other suits.

She is support. She has a few tricks she can combo herself, yet many suits can make use of her powers.

Like Bullet Attractor and Radial Javelin obliterates bullet sponge bosses.

Pull and any ability that benefits clustering... which is like any of them.