Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please fix your broken email systems

Centurin

Seriously, I love this game. But the whatever system you use to send email needs to be fixed. When I created my account, I had to use an alternate email because it never sent the initial confirmation email and there was no way to resend it. Now I can't use the mobile app because I was stupid enough to enable two-step authentication and I never get the emails. 

I use Gmail and if your system can't send to the largest email provider, then there's a problem. 

And no, it doesn't go to spam, trash, or anywhere else. It just doesn't show up at all. 

13 hours ago, Centurin said:

Seriously, I love this game. But the whatever system you use to send email needs to be fixed. When I created my account, I had to use an alternate email because it never sent the initial confirmation email and there was no way to resend it. Now I can't use the mobile app because I was stupid enough to enable two-step authentication and I never get the emails. 

I use Gmail and if your system can't send to the largest email provider, then there's a problem. 

And no, it doesn't go to spam, trash, or anywhere else. It just doesn't show up at all. 

I thought you were going to mention Hotmail as they are absolutely fantastic at refusing to accept delivery for no apparent reason.

The problem may not be DE's end as the forums aren't swamped with reports of emails not being delivered. When DE's email server attempts to hand the message to Gmail's server the Gmail server either rejects the message and tells DE's server why, or it accepts the delivery and tell's DE's server it has done so. Once it has accepted delivery DE are literally blind as to what happens after that and only Google can tell you what happened to the email after they accepted it. It could be that Gmail refuse to accept the email but don't tell DE's server that so DE have no way of telling there is a problem.

I did eventually get it to work by closing the app and trying to relog. I have a feeling DE is aware of it because the email code is good for 30 minutes unlike other services I've used where the timer was like 5 minutes. It took about 15 minutes for the code to arrive. Using an app based Authenticator would make so much more sense. 

I love the DE app, btw. Great for managing my foundry and extractors.