Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Fighter bugs

Cocoescap

EDIT: Most of these happened when I was host, but a lot of these happened to both the host and client.

Me and my friend recently dove right into Frame Fighter to test it how and see how everything works. It was a lot of fun, but it was super buggy.

1. Sometimes one of us would spawn in with 2 charges of our special.
  2. He was player 2 and was able to 2 hit KO me by chaining together 2 heavy attacks. This would always work for him and it never worked with me.
  3. The random button would be able to let us use the frames we hadn't unlocked yet.
  4. The random button never cycled to Zephyr. It could just be super unlucky, but between the two of us, we got every other frame several times.
  5. Nyx's psychic bolts and Atlas' landslide would either do a single punch of damage or half the health bar.
  6. Of course there was a bunch of lag which would be very confusing when the other person would just not move but be somewhere else, but the next round would be perfectly fine.
  7. Sometimes we would be able to fight before the countdown even started.
  8. Sometimes the loadout selection UI would stay on the screen through the match.
  9. Sometimes Equinox's metamorphosis would stay through the rounds and other times it would reset after the round.
  10. Sometimes Trinity's well of life would hold the opponent in place and sometimes we could just walk around.
  11. My characters had issues when I wanted them to stop blocking. They'd always want to just keep blocking no matter what.
  12. I managed to do a lot of uppercuts even though I gave no input into WASD when uppercut should have been S + light/medium/heavy.
  13. At one point the camera freaked out and shot up and neither of us were in frame and we have no idea why.
  14. Sometimes our starting positions would be strange, such as us starting of both sides of the screen or right in each others' faces.

In other things that aren't bugs:

• Every frame is just a carbon copy of each other so it ended up just being find out who has the best special. It would be nice to have some other factors rather than just specials.
  • The best special in our opinion was Mirage's prism. It was a blind that actually blinded your opponent for a few seconds rather than an instant flash (Excalibur Umbra and Inaros) or Trinity's well of life which will out heal a heavy combo.
  • What even is the purpose of Equinox's metamorphosis? 
  • Octavia's mallet seems to be just a damage buff when you stand inside of it, but in that case why not have the special be amp instead?
  • Mesa's special, peacemaker, holds you still for too long for how much damage you will pump out.
  • Every match felt way too short, you'd always be able to deplete your opponents entire health bar in just 5 hits a lot of times.
  • Gara's shattered lash seemed to be about twice as strong as most other frames' specials.
  • We would like to have the match countdown not instantly start when there are 2 players. We felt really rushed and it was horrible if you experienced any amount of lag when selecting frame and loadout.

I probably have several other thoughts about Frame Fighter, I just can't think about them right now. I did remember this much though, so that's pretty good.

Edited by Cocoescap

4 minutes ago, Cocoescap said:

Me and my friend recently dove right into Frame Fighter to test it how and see how everything works. It was a lot of fun, but it was super buggy.

Who was host? Who was client? This might matter in terms of a fix for any of these things.

As a host I was able to aim glide. As a client I was not.

Just now, krc473 said:

Who was host? Who was client? This might matter in terms of a fix for any of these things.

I was host, but either way, these bugs shouldn't happen no matter who is host unless you just have a super bad connection, which we didn't.

Just now, Cocoescap said:

I was host, but either way, these bugs shouldn't happen no matter who is host unless you just have a super bad connection, which we didn't.

It is nothing to do with the connection (for client related issues). I had some of these issues with under 50 ping.

If it works for the client but not the host it is an issue. But it is easier for DE to fix if they know that.

Just had my first match, beaten soundly by someone using crouching block extensively. Was unable to really damage them, unable to grab them, even specials just did minor chip damage. He would follow up with heavy moves that killed me in 3 combos.

Turtle FTW, apparently. Much hype.

• 1 month later...

Well many exploits and bugs still exist:

You can get stuck at the side of the right wall (a glass wall of sorts) if you somehow managed to jump inside it. You can move, but if you tried a slam attack it would freeze your frame character in place
Also two exploits:

The O heavy combo takes off apporximately 80% health if you got unlucky enough to take all 4 hits, which surmise to usually getting knocked down/stunned with a punch, followed by heavy combo resutling in guarenteed death.

Which also leads to situations where:
You are stuck in the getting up animation, but you are not invulneralble. leading to your opponents grabbing you as you get up with no means to escape. OR due to being in a prone positiion your opponent can get on top of you and force a full heavy combo on you. In both cases, this break the game a lot.

GLITCHES: too numerous to count. Even happens on Host side (which was I). Sometimes you could get teleported back where you just escaped and find yourself being grappled by your opponent 10 feet away. Input delay can get overwhelming to the point where you have to press the special ability multiple times for your frame to cast it. Or you could get air punched across the arena, or sometimes you simply recieved the damage but it's visual effect is delayed (I.e. you got thrown, you got up, you ran towards your opponent, then suddently your health expires to zero and you're dead)

I know this is a small budget project meant to entertain us as we tan ourselves under the content drought. but can anything produced by DE not be so bug ridden even after 3 months of introduction?