Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What melee types are you hoping that melee 3.0 will improve?

With melee 3.0 coming soon and the massive changes to stances what melee weapons you hope to become improved by the new changes? I'm honestly hoping that fist weapons become easier to move around with. Since the current stances have werid combos that make you attack slow or lock you in a werid combo move that freezes you in place.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Rapiers and Tonfas, cause they look bloody awesome, and should perform just as well.

Uhhh.... Telos Boltace, Ohma, and Kronen Prime all do pretty good damage. Tonfas are made to slide attack though, so if Maiming Strike is nerfed, then they will be greatly hurting the Tonfa class.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Uhhh.... Telos Boltace, Ohma, and Kronen Prime all do pretty good damage. Tonfas are made to slide attack though, so if Maiming Strike is nerfed, then they will be greatly hurting the Tonfa class.

Yeah, I don't particularly like constant slide attacks, so, if they would be given more fighting styles than just that, it would be great. (I also don't have Maiming Strike, cause I find it more valuable to sell it rather than (mis)use it)

I really would like Fist Weapons and Dual Daggers to be awesome again.

Sidenote: Gaia's Tragedy, in particular, has some seriously awesome combos, the current block combo is so awesomely "boxing" in its feel, I hope it's not entirely lost in Melee 3.0.

As for Melee 3.0 in general, I just hope DE's "big weapon bias" doesn't rear its ugly head, again, for this rework. The smaller weapons REALLY ought to have some distincly powerful niches too, such as vastly increased block-combo-gapclosing-distance, in contrast to the bigger weapons (which should be worse for gapclosing, but better for cleaving tightly packed groups of enemeis).

Dual Daggers need some serious love. Fang prime needs to be at least 5x more powerful than it is currently. would've been nice to make the Split Sword have a unique stance, but guess that's not happening any time soon. Gunsen also needs a major buff, as well as some of the Alert Swords.

otherwise, everything else is pretty nice IMO.

15 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Primal Fury myself. It can't not be touched.

Something will happen to it, whether it actually benefits the stance remains to be seen. If the fluidity of it is killed I won't be a happy Monkey.

Same, if they do change the overall fluidity of it I’ll be incredibly sad as well. Though, if they do change it in a way that it will be better than what it currently is in the game, then I’ll be fine perfectly with that, if it’s actually better of course.

24 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Primal Fury myself. It can't not be touched.

Something will happen to it, whether it actually benefits the stance remains to be seen. If the fluidity of it is killed I won't be a happy Monkey.

Im surprised they haven't show anything for exalted weapons yet. Really hope hysteria's stance gets improved to where it doesn't feel like a werid hybrid of claws and sparring stances.

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

5 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Same, if they do change the overall fluidity of it I’ll be incredibly sad as well. Though, if they do change it in a way that it will be better than what it currently is in the game, then I’ll be fine perfectly with that, if it’s actually better of course.

Indeed. I won't argue that it's a good stance at the moment, but the ability to slide mid attack and keep the combo going, the ability to get off two quick slide attacks, the ability to sprint the whole time all make it decently mobile, and I'd hate to see that go.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Im surprised they haven't show anything for exalted weapons yet. Really hope hysteria's stance gets improved to where it doesn't feel like a werid hybrid of claws and sparring stances.

Tbh, that's the sort of thing they'll forget about until the last minute, and then perform "token effort" changes on.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the 3 Unique weapon stances get properly altered, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything drastic.

i hope they will improve scythe and tweak some combo that lock you on certain attack.
as you mention above, certain Combo lock you in this animation state where you had to wait until the animation end before you able do anything.

my suggestion is they should implement some sort of "Combo Cancel"  mechanic.
the ideas is, allowing you to cancel certain combo and chain it with other attack
or overrides the attack that you currently performing.

Nikanas. Definitely nikanas.

I'm a huge fan of nikanas in warframe, but holy f they got so little range. I ended up switching to orthos prime cause I am not exactly dedicated to melee so I mostly used melee to take care of trash mobs, and nikanas extremely low range prevented me from doing so. Hopefully with melee 3.0, the nikana type will have higher range and a better feeling at how they perform.

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Really hope hysteria's stance gets improved to where it doesn't feel like a werid hybrid of claws and sparring stances.

TBH, They might do the least amount of work on her Stance because that one would likely support Melee 3.0's Combo Mechanic. The only reason I say that is Hysteria is the only ability that got a Charge Attack in it and Heavy Attacks is just that.The only thing that might do is make it feel more Fluid.

I wonder if Excalibur is going to keep his Waves in Melee 3.0.

Edited by VPrime96