Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New amp after nerf is absolutely useless

---UMBRA---

In last hotfix new amp has been nerfed. Now it takes 3-5 min to delete teralyst shields (without any buffs). When i am using 2-1-3 it takes 40 sec to destroy shields (without any buffs). DE should buf this amp.

Edited by ---UMBRA---

Только что, ChatNinja сказал:

I never saw its stats pre-nerf, can anyone say how good it was initially? No clue if the nerf was even warranted

Before fix with madurai 5x damage boost stack amp oneshoted shields. After nerf even 90x madurai stack does not oneshot shields

2 minutes ago, ChatNinja said:

I never saw its stats pre-nerf, can anyone say how good it was initially? No clue if the nerf was even warranted

6100 damage not splited (now is 3000 + 3100 on last bounce)

46% critical chance

3.3x critical multiplier

3 минуты назад, Omega-Shadowblade сказал:

The amp can tear up groups of normal enemies with the bouncing, doesn’t seem like it was meant for teralyst gameplay but standard gameplay.

For standard (not eidolon) gameplay we have warframes and their weapons. And this equip very op comparing to amps.

Edited by ---UMBRA---

7 minutes ago, ChatNinja said:

The scaffold had 56% cc and 4.8x crit multiplier. Considering how useless the scaffold is on eidolons due to having no chance to hit them more than once due to the eidolon's hitbox (there is some kind of an invisible bubble it bounces off of without even physically hitting the thing) , I found the initial stats quite understandable. Not to mention that the scaffold eats a lot more energy than shraksun and does a lot less damage in return.

It still is quite fun to use the amp in normal gameplay and it feels especially satisfactory when the glaive bounces off enemies all 10 times, but we all know what amps are actually intended to be used for and be balanced around.

Edited by Gweredith

12 minutes ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

In last hotfix new amp has been nerfed. Now it takes 3-5 min to delete teralyst shields (without any buffs). When i am using 2-1-3 it takes 40 sec to destroy shields (without any buffs). DE should buf this amp.

Is this with the primary or secondary fire?

Edited by ShinTechG

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

The amp can tear up groups of normal enemies with the bouncing, doesn’t seem like it was meant for teralyst gameplay but standard gameplay.

No point in use in normal gameplay when all other options are better. Even Raplak has more use now.

If you want a good AoE for normal gameplay, go for Shraksun.

Just now, ---UMBRA--- said:

For standart (not eidolon) gameplay we have warframes and their weapons. And this equip very op comparing to amps.

Doesn’t hurt anyone to shake things up. I can use this amp as a longe range anti group weapon if I want. It may not be what you want, but it does have its uses if you are willing to try and find them.

4 minutes ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

Both. It does same dps.

hmm. How exactly does it do the same DPS? from all the testing I have seen, the secondary fire does like 3500 damage per shot to the eidolons shields no buffs... I was running 223 and was getting like about 1k no buffs with secondary fire...

6 минут назад, Omega-Shadowblade сказал:

Doesn’t hurt anyone to shake things up. I can use this amp as a longe range anti group weapon if I want. It may not be what you want, but it does have its uses if you are willing to try and find them.

With broken bouncing? Lol. No. For long range i have opticor, lanka and etc. Amp is nothing for regular weapons. It is only device for eidolons and other sentietnts to delete resists. That is why finding usability is useless.

Edited by ---UMBRA---

4 минуты назад, ShinTechG сказал:

hmm. How exactly does it do the same DPS? from all the testing I have seen, the secondary fire does like 3500 damage per shot to the eidolons shields no buffs... I was running 223 and was getting like about 1k no buffs with secondary fire...

Damage per second

1 minute ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

With broken bouncing? Lol. No. For long range i have opticor, lanka and etc. Amp is nothing for regular weapons. It is only device for eidolons and other sentietnts to delete resists. That is why finding usability are useless.

Your loss I suppose. I don’t always want an opticor or lanka strapped to me, so now I have options. The bouncing isn’t perfect yes, but it works well enough for what I’ve been doing with it. Sorry you feel so closed minded on the issue.

6 минут назад, Omega-Shadowblade сказал:

Your loss I suppose. I don’t always want an opticor or lanka strapped to me, so now I have options. The bouncing isn’t perfect yes, but it works well enough for what I’ve been doing with it. Sorry you feel so closed minded on the issue.

I prefer to gain maximum profit. There is no need to user other options if they are useless. I prefer spend 40 secs to delete teralyst shields. I dont want to spend god damn 5 mins. Options is good when everything is equal. But there is no balance. That is why profit wins.

Edited by ---UMBRA---

14 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

Take a look at this video of the second amp in action:  He is using unairu wisp for 100% damage but even if you take it away, double the time is still not what you claimed the amp was. Did you even gild the amp??

This video was made before the nerf lol.

2 минуты назад, ShinTechG сказал:

Take a look at this video of the second amp in action:  He is using unairu wisp for 100% damage but even if you take it away, double the time is still not what you claimed the amp was. Did you even gild the amp??

I said without  buffs. Yes i guilded it.

2 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Are you sure about that. Because the video was made after the patch according to the user's title. whoever made that has a video of before and after the changes...

check the published date.

And yes, I did the tests. Raplak does almost the same damage.

Edited by Richtter

Только что, ShinTechG сказал:

Are you sure about that. Because the video was made after the patch according to the user's title. whoever made that has a video of before and after the changes...

Can you try this amp by yourself? You will find out its current state.