Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New amp after nerf is absolutely useless

---UMBRA---

3 minutes ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

I said without  buffs. Yes i guilded it.

Yes i know you said without buffs and I said the only buff the user has in this for his amp is the unairu which doubles damage. Even if you take away that buff, the time to take down the shields is not 3-5 minutes.

Только что, ShinTechG сказал:

Yes i know you said without buffs and I said the only buff the user has in this for his amp is the unairu which doubles damage. Even if you take away that buff, the time to take down the shields is not 3-5 minutes.

Because this video made before nerf

Honestly? I can't agree that it's useless.

Against unarmoured targets, it rips some stuff up. Precisely because of the bouncing. Fire a few into a crowd of Infested at pretty much any range, and there won't be a crowd of Infested in a few seconds because the discs bounce and explode all over the shop, dealing pretty good damage. It works well from my experiences. I even went into today's Infested sortie with it, worked just fine. I was impressed.

But again. Against unarmoured targets. Not armoured ones.

The design of this amp part, a few other amp parts and most of the focus abilities seem to indicate Operators are indeed supposed to be an alternate gameplay style to Warframes, yet they still haven't addressed the fact that armour fully affects them, even though Sentients have armour, and thus Operators have no use against the things that they're supposed to be super effective against.

Actually, there is no use for this new amp, in the launch was something interesting and that deserved to be called T4, now is totally useless.

Spends more energy than any other, has no punch through, and now deals less damage than any other.

It was a new way to hunt Eidolons, but now we go back to the archaic style of breaking the mouse or using macros to take shield before having a tendinitis.

It's no use creating a new open world if they keep insisting on making mistakes in the old world, in Venus we'll have several weapons where only one works?

6 hours ago, (PS4)WeeMalk5 said:

Thing is, we have to wait and see what amps will be useful for fortuna boss fighting. Maybe the some of the quills less desirable arcanes might find a use too. Just a maybe.

If magus cloud ever becomes useful I'll be utterly stunned.

7 часов назад, Loza03 сказал:

Honestly? I can't agree that it's useless.

Against unarmoured targets, it rips some stuff up. Precisely because of the bouncing. Fire a few into a crowd of Infested at pretty much any range, and there won't be a crowd of Infested in a few seconds because the discs bounce and explode all over the shop, dealing pretty good damage. It works well from my experiences. I even went into today's Infested sortie with it, worked just fine. I was impressed.

But again. Against unarmoured targets. Not armoured ones.

The design of this amp part, a few other amp parts and most of the focus abilities seem to indicate Operators are indeed supposed to be an alternate gameplay style to Warframes, yet they still haven't addressed the fact that armour fully affects them, even though Sentients have armour, and thus Operators have no use against the things that they're supposed to be super effective against.

Pencha is much better to kill 100 lvl enemies with no armour. Pencha oneshots them. Now it have punch through. New amp can not oneshot them with very small damage.

Edited by ---UMBRA---

9 hours ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

Pencha is much better to kill 100 lvl enemies with no armour. Pencha oneshots them. Now it have punch through. New amp can not oneshot them with very small damage.

For single target or very tight clusters, yes, Pencha is superior. Not arguing there, especially for heavier units. Phahd can't oneshot them, and is unlikely to deal multiple instances of damage per shot.

But not being able to oneshot isolated enemies doesn't make Phahd useless. It spreads the damage pretty far when there's a number of enemies, so it's a much more effective crowd fighter than the Pencha, which focuses the damage in a very small area. That's why I say a few shots from Phahd will usually clear out a wave of infested, because most targets are going to wind up receiving multiple instances of damage due to how the shots bounce between targets and have a 5-metre splash on the last hit, and thus crowds will likely die anyway.

I'm not trying to argue that only one's effective. Both are quite potent. But they occupy different niches. Hence why Phahd isn't 'useless'. It has a use. It does not share that use with Pencha. If you find Pencha's use more valuable, that's fine with me.

Right now the one thing Phahd has going for it is that you can make some hilarious trick shots with it when the tracking bugs. 

Like i had an instance in the plains where i fired it at a Dargryn, it started tracking, chased it for like 40m or more, destroyed the dargryn. Apparently it was locked onto the pilot tho, because it kept spinning around. Pilot lands, i dash towards him and inadvertently throw it away with dash, not a second later the disk comes back like a man possessed and kills the pilot over a hill like 60m away from me. It was hilarious. 

Before the damage split it at least had a reason to exist if you like me occasionally enjoy running amps in normal missions. Now not really that either, and for eidolons it's always been S#&$ tbh. 

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

Right now the one thing Phahd has going for it is that you can make some hilarious trick shots with it when the tracking bugs. 

Like i had an instance in the plains where i fired it at a Dargryn, it started tracking, chased it for like 40m or more, destroyed the dargryn. Apparently it was locked onto the pilot tho, because it kept spinning around. Pilot lands, i dash towards him and inadvertently throw it away with dash, not a second later the disk comes back like a man possessed and kills the pilot over a hill like 60m away from me. It was hilarious. 

Before the damage split it at least had a reason to exist if you like me occasionally enjoy running amps in normal missions. Now not really that either, and for eidolons it's always been S#&$ tbh. 

^^This.

Trying to find an use for a crap amp no one cares anymore is the whiteknight watermark. 

Phahd now has crap damage, unstable bounce(most of the time it will hit 1 or 2 target), high energy hungry, slowest projectile travel time and 10k reputation for a crap scaffold bp. If there is a group of mobs you will be more effective with shwaak prism than with phahd scaffold.

For me shraksun is like a ferrari, nice, fun and effective, Phahd was a Jetsons car and after nerf became a Flinstones car, has his use but who will use it.

Edited by Richtter

this 443 amp is ridiculous now, i'm back using my 212 wich is way more efficient both against ennemies and eidolons, that's something you shouldn't even be considering when a piece of gear is 2 tier above the previous one.

Edited by imaginalex

My new amp does NOT bounce between enemies most of the time. It just goes towards the enemy, maybe hit once and then flies off in a random direction/disappears even if there is a whole bunch close together: it rarely does more than one bounce. And using it for long range usually results in the projectile simply going past the mobs instead arcing towards them like it should. Is my amp broke? lol.

And then there is the damage...after much testing, I feel sharksun is the superior mob killer when I am maining my operator (which is alot).

But each their own taste in amps, I can see how some people may like it. 

I just don't: it feels very underwhelming against mobs and eidolons so I will be sticking with my old amp for now.

Edited by iuki.

The worst part is that we had a viable alternative to the meta scaffold for a brief moment. I was happy that DE was finally attempting to inject some variety into amp-usage for Eidolon hunts but as it currently stands Phahd won’t see usage in even my pub Teralyst hunts. Here’s hoping the Quills in Fortuna offer more usable amps.

I don't have much to contribute other than affirm I do think it's quite strong in normal gameplay, but that yeah, that's what normal guns and melee weapons are for.

As far as Tridolons go, it's so good at homing in on targets outside of Tridolons, I don't know why it won't bother to hit stray vomvalysts on its way out from hitting the Teralyst at least.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Calistin said:

What's the amp newbies should be aiming to build for teralysts etc then after all your testing all?  212,213 or 333?

People like the T3 Prism, but I always had a love/hate relationship with it, because they seem to explode before hitting the Eidolon, making me lose a good chunk of damage.

Honestly, I find the 423 workable, the Prism to proc Virtuos Strike and then blast with the Shakun.

But the 433 might be better for Vomvalysts.