Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Fighter - Feedback, Bugs and what should be fixed/added

CuteFoxyFox

So I was really hyped for Frame Fighter since I saw it on Twitter and before I start my feedback about the game...

Let me thank you DE. I almost cried when I saw a Frame Fighter on a dev stream. How you are listening and caring about your community is amazing and breath taking. You are the most amazing and lovely Dev team I have ever seen. I could not imagine better team for this game. Thank you very much <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frame Fighter Feedback

So let me devide my "review" into 3 pieces:

- General problems and what should be changed

- Bugs

- Funny ideas which may or may not be cool to be into a FF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- General problems and what should be changed

So I have played some Fighting games and you can find some similarities. For example Mortal Kombat have Some in common (not all) with FF. So let me compare FF a bit to it.

Note: I know FF is a game mode for fun, literally a mini game. so I wont be mean and compare it like "MK is better cuz it is better polished". I will surely not do that.

- Blocking, Hit-stuns

So blocking is kind of tricky here. Becouse mostly when your enemy is hitting you... you are slowed or stunned. In my opinion combos should push away or knock down opponets in a particular time because it is just hard to get out. Not mentioning opponet can finish combo with Grab which deals some damage.

- Upper cuts

Well this is a icon of Mortal kombat xd. Here when you spam upper cut... it almost makes you immortal. Maybe make it a bit slower?

- Damage

Attack signed to a "O" button deals crazy amount of damage. It is slow but too much rewarding. If you land one hit from it... well you can just win from this place.

- Abilities

Most abilities i have seen so far seems balanced. Some of them may use some new things tho. Mesa peacemaker feels slow and you dont feel when you are hitting the enemy. Maybe make it shoot by clicking attack button and decrese its damage? (if its actually a thing right now sorry for my lack of knowlege)

- Lags

Well propably this is the thing many ppl complain about. This game really is on Host's side. It would really really use some small dediciated servers for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Bugs

- Frames

Frames often get stuck or dissarmed for no reason or sometimes even teleport. More polish from that side would be nice

- Slam attacks

Ok I dont know if it is a bug or a feature. But Frames after slam attacks often gets stuck or dissarmed (they cant do anything aside walking). The thing is... i dont know if that was intended or not? The reason im not sure because... they sometimes dissarmed, sometimes not. sometimes they are pushed back, sometimes my slam gets ignored and im getting wombo combo to my face.

- Abilities (visibility)

So abilities are really really confusing sometimes. From the side... you dont know if they worked or not. or you just dont see the attack aside, opponets HP bar going down.

Mesa has this problem

Atlas's Ability sometimes makes him jump to the enemy... sometimes not. Same with Zephyr

- "Im stuck" "I cant do anything"

Being stuck or problem when you cant do anything aside from walking. this is a really frustrating problem if you are not fighting against as friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Funny ideas which may or may not be cool to be into a FF

(Ideas below are not "what should be done. Those are just stuff what I would like to see just for fun :D)

- Conclave

After some polish FF could really make a cool Conclave mode. How about making it a thing? :)

- Combos

How about adding a unique combo animation for every frame? Mesa could lets say... kick two times, punch and jump back shooting the enemy and downing him :)

Loki could punch punch - dissapear - appear begind the enemy and kick him away

Zephyr could send opponet flying into the air (which would allow us for air combos and jugling)

- Chroma

Setting chromas dragon in one place as a tower or sentinel for few seconds? OR make his scream work much much longer bit decrese damage

- Mesa

Again if this a thing im sorry but - Clicking L button with allow mesa to shoot faster. Make it longer and decrese damage

- Zephyr

Some knock ups and air combos? ^_^

- Ivara

Well this is propably a stupid idea but i will say it anyway. Holding L allows you to switch arrows. So you could have 4 options for your ability

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

So to sum up... im quite happy how FF came out to be :D

It lacks a bit of polish which sometimes makes it frustrating but im sure we can over come it with 2 or 3 hotfixes and maybe a cute-little dediciaded server somewhere in a corner :D

Super happy to see it here, super happy to see Team doing stuff like this for players. I could not imagine how cool would it be to make a project of a game and another day see it in a game legit...

Im seriously touched by that. You are amazing, thank you for being such a great devs for us <3

Thanks ^_^