Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE pls for the love of god pls let kavats have vacuum

Quickpuff

Although it would be nice to have constant vacuum on, your pets are usually off doing their own thing, killing and whatnot, sometimes ill see my kavat quite the distance away from me doing its own thing. While sentinels on the other hand are ALWAYS right beside you, they are always floating right above you... Vacuum and the way it works makes sense on the sentinels, while imo doesnt make much sense for the pets. 

DE's wants each type of companion to be 'their own thing'/unique and have different pros and cons. Unfortunately in a game about picking up a lot of things off the ground vacuum turns out to be pretty good. So good that a very large majority of the player base only uses sentinels. I would rather see vacuum just be innate but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

45 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

even if they did it, it would have less range. Just compare the scavenge with master thief

I don't think people would be willing to swap out any mods on their frames if it had less range than the original vacuum. One of the reasons I suggested double range is that players would be more inclined to use it. Maybe even give it a heavy investment of 10-12 ranks to eventually get that double range when maxed.

I understand what you mean with the comparison between scavenge (companion, 90% chance to unlock lockers) and master thief (frame, 40% chance to unlock lockers), which is why I ask: does anyone actually use master thief over scavenge?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

One of the reasons I suggested double range is that players would be more inclined to use it.

Why would I use Vacuum on a sentinel if this happened?

I am quite happy without Vacuum, it makes no difference to me. I would not replace a mod on my frame or kavat for it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

I don't think people would be willing to swap out any mods on their frames if it had less range than the original vacuum. One of the reasons I suggested double range is that players would be more inclined to use it. Maybe even give it a heavy investment of 10-12 ranks to eventually get that double range when maxed.

I understand what you mean with the comparison between scavenge (companion, 90% chance to unlock lockers) and master thief (frame, 40% chance to unlock lockers), which is why I ask: does anyone actually use master thief over scavenge?

that is exactly the reason that would make sense to frames have a mod like that:balance.
I am pretty sure that even with vacuun now being universal for sentinels, carrier still is the most used one. If the pets had one too, sentinels that aren't helios or carrier would be even less used aside for MR

38 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I am quite happy without Vacuum, it makes no difference to me. I would not replace a mod on my frame or kavat for it.

If you're ok without it entirely, then what are you discussing?

43 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

that is exactly the reason that would make sense to frames have a mod like that:balance.
I am pretty sure that even with vacuun now being universal for sentinels, carrier still is the most used one. If the pets had one too, sentinels that aren't helios or carrier would be even less used aside for MR

Actually, I see alot of Helios and Taxon sentinels when I play. Maybe the occasional carrier with veterans, but I think it's more of a nostalgia thing with them (before vacuum became universal among sentinels).

Just for the record, I don't think pets should have a vacuum mod, which is why I suggested one for frames instead.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

If you're ok without it entirely, then what are you discussing?

Maybe I want to use it from time to time? I am not worried about Vacuum, if I want to use it I just grab a sentinel.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

This is a valid question, which you have not answered. Why would DE give double the range when it would completely invalidate sentinels? What would DE change with sentinels to compensate for this? Yes, people have to use the mod on the frame, but if vacuum is really as important as people make out surely they would sacrifice a frame mod for it.

Imo kitties give such huge buffs having to trade off vacuum for them is good. Otherwise sentinels would completely disappear. 

On that topic though, dogs are still crap and they're basically the worst companion you can get... 

Edited by Autongnosis

9 hours ago, krc473 said:

I am quite happy without Vacuum, it makes no difference to me.

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

Maybe I want to use it from time to time?

I'm sorry but i'm confused here. I didn't answer your question because you said it makes no difference you... but now it does?

Alrighty then, well, I guess i'll try to answer your question.. 

9 hours ago, krc473 said:

"this" being a suggested vacuum mod for frames that would have high investment and double range.

If you're looking to grab every possible pick up in a mission, then you probably wouldn't want to. Players that want the vacuum effect but aren't willing to sacrifice a mod slot on their frame could still use it on a sentinel of their choice.

Edited by (PS4)the-creeperman

2 hours ago, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

I didn't answer your question because you said it makes no difference you... but now it does?

It still makes no difference to me*. But sometimes I just use a sentinel and I get Vacuum.

• *In the sense that, if DE removed Vacuum tomorrow I would not care. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

"this" being a suggested vacuum mod for frames that would have high investment and double range.

DE is not going to give frames a mod (whatever the cost) that means the sentinel Vacuum mod is useless. So I was asking how you imagine DE would ensure that the Sentinel Vacuum mod was not made completely redundant by your suggestion (assuming the frame mod gives double the range)? 

• The cost alone is unlikely to be sufficient. The frame would have to suffer a penalty as a result of the mod. What would you be willing to sacrifice? Power strength? Health? Energy? etc.
Edited by krc473

I want the kavat to have vacuum even it it is only half but the kavat is slow and bugging when it is teleporting so when it would pick up maybe it pick at least something because it runs random so it would be like it does not even have vacuum. I only want the kavat to pick something up it only attacks and buffs it dies to fast so it would be help full if it can pick health and heal itself and don't tell that you need to have mods maxed I have mods maxed and it sucks still. So vacuum would help.

15 hours ago, Quickpuff said:

I want the kavat to have vacuum even it it is only half but the kavat is slow and bugging when it is teleporting so when it would pick up maybe it pick at least something because it runs random so it would be like it does not even have vacuum. I only want the kavat to pick something up it only attacks and buffs it dies to fast so it would be help full if it can pick health and heal itself and don't tell that you need to have mods maxed I have mods maxed and it sucks still. So vacuum would help.

Chesa has the retrieve, so you want make another pet even less usable?

A better ideia would be retrieve be universal (  as it was done with vacuun) and tweak a little (also, retrive can pick extracts and ayatans), maybe increasing the number of itens as you rank up. 

edit: Chesa would need another precept,maybe something like Ivara Prowl

Edited by LupoDWolf

retrieve is dum on the chesa so no I want vacuum if they make a kavat that rerieve it would lower my expectation of what they can do beaucse I am amazed out of what they do but a secound retrieve pet boo 

Edited by Quickpuff

1. Vacuum exists on Warframe's, it's just a very small range (something like 2 meters or so). 

2. If DE gave every frame Universal Vacuum, what new passive would you give Mag that won't make her absurdly overpowered than she currently is? And in case you don't know, Mag's passive is basically a vacuum with every jump you do. Which is to say you're always picking loot up around you with how much we parkour through the maps. 

3. If UV became a thing, either buff Kubrows, nerf Kavat, or rework the entire companion system entirely. I run with my Kavat almost exclusively nowadays. Carrier Prime is still my most used sentinel, but that's because I literally had almost no access to other companions at the time. I do resource runs all the time with something that doesn't have vacuum, and I hardly notice it's effect. At the same time, I'm being provided with incredibly useful buffs by my Kavat. Give it UV and with a Smeeta Charm AND a resource booster.... what is farming anyway?

1. I am talking about kavats not frames stay on topic

2. mag can pull resources but need a mod and she is not the frame that most people us so don't put mag. if you are looking for the slimilarties as vacuum.

3. kubrows and kavats are in need of a rework and again don't use something that to slimilarties if you don't use kavats that much. And you sounds like you are new to pets.  

On 2018-08-20 at 4:11 PM, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

Actually, I see alot of Helios and Taxon sentinels when I play. Maybe the occasional carrier with veterans, but I think it's more of a nostalgia thing with them (before vacuum became universal among sentinels).

Helios is probably most common because it's not actually Helios, but Helios Prime, the only currently available (From non-vaulted relics) Prime sentinel. It may help that the Deconstructor Prime hits pretty good, but I'm willing to bet it's mostly just convenience. I can tell you I just bought my last Carrier Prime part, and I'm sure it'll replace my Helios Prime for the foreseeable future.

• 1 month later...