Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite alerts and my thoughts on how they could be amazing

Twistedsparkle

alerts with level 100 enemies by itself is pretty exciting but see there are several problems the way it was introduced
here are my ideas how to potentially make them awesome

1.in the devstream it was shown only one elite alert was going on at the time
to this I say! NO! please I beg of you make elite alert playlist per planet with atleast 6 missions going on at the same time

this could be the answer for veterans as a legitimate endgame
if you just make it happen and I would be so happy to do these harder missions on planets like mars and earth and any other more colorful tilesets

2.the rewards are so underwhelming
veterans are not exacly interested about 50k credits and 500endo
Im not saying not include them at all in the reward pool but what if the enemies in these elite alerts would drop special mods?
what if you could get built forma as a reward? how about 50-100k focus as a reward? 
my point is make it something useful or exciting

players need a reason to play these missions

3.level 100? what about lvl 150?
Im mentioning this because even lvl 100:s dont exacly put me on  a lot of pressure anymore
putting a couple of lvl150 alerts in the suggested 6 alerts at the time per planet would ensure theres a bigger challenges for those who are looking for it

I havent been able to get excited playing warframe for awhile because 95% of the content is just way too easy

4.Dont forget plains of eidolon and upcoming fortuna!
I want an elite playlist in these maps aswell!

5.archwing variation
would love to dust off my archwing in actually challenging missions
BRING IT

thank you for reading ^_^

Edited by Twistedsparkle

6 minutes ago, Twistedsparkle said:

4.Dont forget plains of eidolon and upcoming fortuna!
I want an elite playlist in these maps aswell!

I would imagine Fortuna being a fun choice but Plains of Eidolon? That place need serious bug fixing before adding that into Alerts.

Edited by VPrime96

As cool as that would be, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also, I hope Eximus enemies are disabled. Last thing I want is to instantly be killed by a Toxin Eximus in a mission with no revives. Really hope DE has thought this one through, instead of half-assing it just cause people ask for higher level missions.

Also, as much as I love Archwing, the boiled piss on the forums if one of those elite alerts is archwing will be ridiculous, so, I doubt it will happen.

Edited by Gabbynaru

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

As cool as that would be, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also, I hope Eximus enemies are disabled. Last thing I want is to instantly be killed by a Toxin Eximus in a mission with no revives. Really hope DE has thought this one through, instead of half-assing it just cause people ask for higher level missions.

If Assassin parties are capable of entering I don't think eximus are going to be excluded. Just be aware and keep your distance.

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

If Assassin parties are capable of entering I don't think eximus are going to be excluded. Just be aware and keep your distance.

I think The G3 were there due to the Relay Reconstruction Tactical Alert, not the mission itself. (Also, G3 are not as cheap as Eximi with aura damage)

Honestly the entire thing depends on the value of the rewards, I don't see 50k credits and 500 endo (what was shown in devstream) as being 'rewarding' enough to go do them, I already know I can kill level 100 so it's not like it's me testing myself.  It's the same reason we pick quick missions when doing invasion alerts over long missions, effort versus return.

I'd rather the rewards be 'rare' or harder to get items like a large value amount of kuva, I'd be happy with say 3.5k (enough to do one reroll at max cost) or it could technically match sorties, it's the same levels.

Focus gain would be higher there due to higher enemies but in all honesty we have onslaught for that these days and as I still need to get the vandals that makes more sense to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing an 'eidolon shard' (and fortuna equivalent) as a reward though, we already have synthetic ones being dropped so you could even do 2 or more synthetic shards depending on how long or type of mission. 

TBH not sure what else they cold add as rewards to satisfy a veteran though though, while I'm not against credits and endo, the amount needs to be more than 500 when you consider levelling a primed mod is like 2mil credits and 40k endo.  Most veterans are likely full of most other resources and a boosters would most likely only benefit 'newer' players. 

I know one thing though, I sure don't want relics dropping from alerts, it's bad enough they're filler on onslaught.

In all honesty, I'm not sure archwing and it's weapons are really strong enough to deal with level 100+ enemies, they only usually fight up to level 50ish iirc.  Now yes we can revive each other but they kind of need to fix some archwing issues (like stopping) before that is effective.

57 minutes ago, Twistedsparkle said:

how about 50-100k focus as a reward? 

For what? Most of the veterans have finished all focus schools before ESO was released.
The main issue I see with all "veteran content" is that DE doesn't want or have the time to actually make NEW worthy rewards (even if they are only cosmetics - and by cosmetics I don't want ONLY emblems and sigils. How about a bad ass armor set that you only can get after 2 hours of an end game activity? A special skin? A cool effect that can be applied to your warframe - imagine you can apply arc bolts that jump all over your frame, or an effect that lights up with fire).
Yes! I want to brag about my deeds, I want other people to see that armor/emblem/effect. Not a liset decoration that only I can see. Like Pablo showed on twitter.
50k credits? For real? Mods that grow flowers on mobs to show off you are a end player? I have over 200 millions credits + I keep buying pedestal primes and I really don't think I'm the only one.
At this point I think DE really is 98% in to getting new players and it saddens me.

Edited by Void-Gunslinger

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Also, I hope Eximus enemies are disabled. Last thing I want is to instantly be killed by a Toxin Eximus in a mission with no revives. 

Actually, Toxic Eximus is not that big of a deal when you compare to Toxic Ancients. Those Ancients can kill you in secs.