Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dying conclave

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

37 minutes ago, Gnohme said:

-snip-

Most people aren't on the same page when they say "fast paced game-mode". Most come from a casual power fantasy filled, one button horde sweeping back ground. They would call things like this 

Spoiler

"Button mashing"/"Bullet jump spamming". So I don't think these people know what they're talking about.

Aside from that. I don't think conclave is fast paced in terms of pure raw velocity. But the complexity and the amount of small decisions you can make at any time. The combat process becomes really "unpredictably changing with extreme levels of control". So to stay ahead or fight, it can require lots of inputs, fast decision making with lots of calculations BUT for short periods of time because of the average TTK of weapons.

And this is only at high level game play. 97%-98% of players I encounter in public come no where close to this. They just walk, or sometimes bullet jump but do so very predictably. Or some that do try to "Spam bullet jump" in average player's words. They end up as easy to take down as someone who's standing still. Because of how damn predictable they are when they do stuff like that.

I'm making an in depth movement guide that covers all movement learned from Conclave. Should take 2 months or so. I'm hoping that will educate people a bit more about the movement system and teach players how to move around properly.

10 hours ago, Triplinster said:

Most people aren't on the same page when they say "fast paced game-mode". Most come from a casual power fantasy filled, one button horde sweeping back ground. They would call things like this 

Reveal hidden contents

"Button mashing"/"Bullet jump spamming". So I don't think these people know what they're talking about.

Aside from that. I don't think conclave is fast paced in terms of pure raw velocity. But the complexity and the amount of small decisions you can make at any time. The combat process becomes really "unpredictably changing with extreme levels of control". So to stay ahead or fight, it can require lots of inputs, fast decision making with lots of calculations BUT for short periods of time because of the average TTK of weapons.

And this is only at high level game play. 97%-98% of players I encounter in public come no where close to this. They just walk, or sometimes bullet jump but do so very predictably. Or some that do try to "Spam bullet jump" in average player's words. They end up as easy to take down as someone who's standing still. Because of how damn predictable they are when they do stuff like that.

I'm making an in depth movement guide that covers all movement learned from Conclave. Should take 2 months or so. I'm hoping that will educate people a bit more about the movement system and teach players how to move around properly.

I feel VERY obligated to say that I stupidly love to see how you play on conclave, its just pure art.

Aside from this useless comment just to prise him, yeah, if someone can speak about knowing how to conclave, this damn guy (Triplinster) is one of them.

After playing for a full year I have come to the conclusion that conclave is dying because when a new person, mr1-3 perhaps, tries it for the first time it makes no sense,cthey die instantly and don't know how or why, and then are called a fakin noob, and most of them don't even know where or how to get at chat yet. Most of them never come back, the ones who do instantly get killed, are called faken noobs and this time they know it, know it's true, and then most of them never come back.

It's almost cyclic, I been through that cycle four times now and the last time I actually killed one of you bastards. I paid for it though by getting killed and then killed again, and shortly after that someone peed on my grave while dancing.

Maybe it's time for a fifth try, actually last time there was no one in it..... I forget about that...