Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strangledome causing high GPU usage.

ReinAxefury

Since Khora was released, i've had performance issues with Strangledome, using it a few times doesn't make much of a difference, but when used constantly with enemies hanging from the chains starts to slowly make my GPU struggle, at 30~40 minutes i start to have really bad FPS and this only solves if i leave the mission. I've played with Khora many times, and this only happens using Strangledome, using only whipclaw i have 0 issues. I have a Nvidia GTX650, i run the game with some settings on low but apart from that game runs fine for me.

After some testing as you can see in this video (watch the last 5 minutes), it's clear that Strangledome leaves something behind (like something invisible, but still using gpu), and the constant stacking of it is making high gpu usage, it's clear because as you can see, when im leaving the mission (when i die), my FPS starts to go back to 60.

Edited by ReinAxefury

Ok, so for another test i went this time to the Simulacrum.

First i just spammed Strangledome many times and nothing happened. So the problem wasn't the skill itself.

But then, i spawned 20 lvl155 Drudge Scrappers, since those are melee units with high armor it made easier to test Strangledome on them. After several Strangledome casts, the Fans of my PC started to sound really loud (so i guess my GPU temperatures where quite high at that moment), and after many more casts, my fps started to drop, specially if i watched enemies hanging, so i think it has something to do with that. Then, i purposely killed miself, and my fps went back to normal.