Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Rogue-lite game mode

Gabbynaru

So, I've been playing playing The Binding of Isaac, and realized just how much I love the variety of items in the game, as it makes every run feel fresh and amazing. Upon a very successful run where I ended up so insanely overpowered, everything died as soon as I entered the room, I remembered how good it feels to be a god. That reminded me of Warframe, and the feelings I have playing this wonderful game. That also gave me an idea. With the variety of items in Warframe, a rogue-lite mode similar to Isaac seems rather... possible. I mean, the game is already halfway there, with it's randomly generated missions acting quite similar to the random rooms in Isaac. So, here's how I imagine a mode like this would work in Warframe:

- First of all, no shields, just health.

- You start with one of the three starter frames.

- You walk from room to room, kill the enemies, open locked chests and rooms using Dragon Keys, all while looking for the boss room.

- Dragon Keys are just that, Dragon Keys. No specific one, no drawbacks.

- Enemies will have chances to drop Dragon Keys, Health Orbs and Energy Orbs

- Locked Rooms will give one item, guaranteed.

- Multiple locked rooms per level (to make up for the lack of hidden rooms, super hidden rooms and shops)

- Items can be: Mods, Weapons, Sentinels

- Mods will be random rank, always.

- Mods will be limited to: Health Mods (e.g. Vitality), Damage Mods (e.g. Serration), Movement Mods (e.g. Rush), Fire Rate/Attack Speed Mods (e.g. Speed Trigger), Warframe Ability Mods (e.g. Intensify)

- Mod pool will only contain mods you have in your inventory. (If you don't have Serration, for example, it cannot drop in this mode)

- No mods limit (You can have more than 8 Warframe mods/Weapon mods)

- Mods will stack, you can have the same mod multiple times

- Weapons and Warframes will be max rank, always.

- You can only use one weapon at a time, you will be forced to drop your weapon if you want a new one (say, you have a Machete and you find a Lex, you have to drop the Machete to use the Lex)

- You can have multiple sentinels (akin to the Buddies system in Isaac)

- Sentinels are immortal, have a specific purpose each, come equipped with their signature weapons, use no mods.

- New Warframes will be gained once you find and equip specific weapons at least once. For example, you will turn into Mirage once you have found and equipped Akbolto (either Normal, Prime or Telos), Kogake (either Normal or Prime) and Simulor (either Normal or Synoid). If you have equipped the best version of each weapon (Akbolto Prime, Kogake Prime and Synoid Simulor), you will turn into Mirage Prime

- Each Warframe still has the exact same stats they have in the normal game)

- Every level will finish with a Boss Battle. Bosses will be random, according to a specific pool, based on difficulty. First 5 levels will use easy bosses, next 5 will use medium bosses, final 5 will use hard bosses.

- No revives

- Everything you have collected in this mode will be rewarded to you at the end of the mode (once you beat level 15).

- Drops will be improved, so you can get more endo/credits/resources.

- Every 5 levels you will be awarded a reward from the Sortie pool. Keep in mind, you have to beat level 15 to actually keep them.

- Enemies start at level 10, go up 10 levels each level (level 1: Enemies are at level 10, level 2: Enemies are at level 20, level 3, enemies are at level 30, etc.)

- Bosses are enemy level + 10 + level. (Level 12 boss will be level 120+10+12=142, for example)

- Upon Boss defeat, you will receive a new item (mod/weapon/sentinel)

- After defeating the boss, a portal, akin to that which appears in Sanctuary Onslaught will appear, taking you to the next level.

- Similar to Sanctuary Onslaught, no gear usage whatsoever. So, no pizzas, no nothing.

Sorry if I have missed something. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reading!

Edited by Gabbynaru