Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Amp Gliding

CuteFoxyFox

So I was recently testing the new AMP on normal and sentient enemies. It may not be the best but surely fun.

Playing with it on a normal missions gave me idea of Multiple Gilding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what is Multiple Gliding?

Well after 1st Glide We aquire Stats buff, ability to colour our amp, name it and use arcanes on it.

But after 1st glide thats preety much it.

But what If we could Glide Amps multiple times. It would work like formas.

Every time your lvl goes to zero but you can upgrade One stat you want - Damage, Fire rate, magazine, status, crit etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To sum up

1st Glide - Ability to name, change apperance, stat buff and Arcane management

2nd and next after it - Every next Glide would allow you to upgrade any stat you want

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why upgrading single stat not all of them?

- Well we have only 1 glide for reason. Propably to keep balance between amps.

In my opinion upgrading one stat at the time would allow us to:

- Upgrade amps to match our playstyle

- Encourage players to play operators more

- Make operators more usefull in multiple situations

- Long but rewarding work to upgrade your weapon of choice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion it would be an interesting idea and If we are still worried about balance here we could make buffs lower in time.

Lets say every Damage upgrade is 100 but every glide gives less and less damage when you upgrade to prevert

Power spikes.

Same with other stats. It will go up and always add some points for particular stat but less and less in time to

encourage people to upgrade not only the damage.

This is just my word IF anyone is worried about balance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would we need it anyway?

Well it will allow us to upgrade weapons, deal more damage and match it to our playstyles. So why wouldnt it be a good idea?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prism and Scaffold

So upgrading the Amp would only upgrade the prism but Scaffold upgrade would be a glide option as well.

I think this is a fair option.

You need to choose what you want to upgrade etc 😛

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMP EXP

In order to make it work and help to reduce EXP grinding for Amps... we could lower EXP needed for any LvL up of the Amp

Amps lvl up slowly anyway and you need to play operator if you want any exp for it.

I think with this system it would be fair to reduce EXP steps or make EXP share with Warframes

Balancind and propositions

17 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I like this idea, but it needs a touch of refining. Forma eventually reaches an upper limit, where all slots are polarised. Additional forma then serves only to tweak - but you literally cannot reach any mod space higher then that. This system has no such limit, despite the decreasing returns.

Therefore, it should probably have a maximum number of times you can gild an Amp. Or perhaps, a maximum number whereupon any further gilding allows you to reallocate one stat alteration you've made. Five is the number floating in my head, but I'm no game designer so that might not be balanced. 

- This one is also a good idea to make it work and fit into warframe. 

Pros: Better control of AMP balance, better fit in comparision of systems we already know and we are familiar with

Cons: This way players will go only for Damage as maximum number of upgrades would be 5. Decresing numbers i proposed above will encourage player to select an upgrade because 10th damage upgrade wouldnt be as profitable as 1st crit damage upgrade (for example)

- Some more comments like this will be pasted here -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! ❤️

Edited by CuteFoxyFox

I like this idea, but it needs a touch of refining. Forma eventually reaches an upper limit, where all slots are polarised. Additional forma then serves only to tweak - but you literally cannot reach any mod space higher then that. This system has no such limit, despite the decreasing returns.

Therefore, it should probably have a maximum number of times you can gild an Amp. Or perhaps, a maximum number whereupon any further gilding allows you to reallocate one stat alteration you've made. Five is the number floating in my head, but I'm no game designer so that might not be balanced.

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This is a good proposition and seems fair if we want to make it part of the Warframe.

I will add it to the post