Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magma Warframe - Guayota The Destroyer

Xolot

Guayota is a Warframe that is attuned to magma, the blood of Earth itself. He is a frame expected to be close to the enemy, always risking himself to be able to inflict a special status effect or at least buff ally units, but if everything goes wrong he can take the enemy to his terrain and start building around and fortify the whole place as his temple of fire.

Stats

Health at lvl 0 – 125 / at lvl 30 - 350

Shield at lvl 0 – 250 / at lvl 30 - 500

Armor 400

Sprint Speed 1.3

Passive Volcanic Body

In extreme cold, Guayota's body will irradiate enough heat for close allies not to lose any shields due to the cold and for enemy units to ignite in flames.

1 Lava Vent

Guayota pierces the ground with his hand, and sends an underground wave towards where the reticle is aiming; this wave produces explosions along the way until the last, that its greater than the rest. These blasts burn every enemy hit and then solidify in pointy rocks that cause puncture procs to those enemy units that touch them

-Duration boosts the time that the rocks or magma pools lasts

-Strenght boosts the % damage of max hp damage that the magma deals, but also the puncture procs. Base health and armor of the walls is also determined by ability strenght

-Range boosts the lenght of the Lava Vent

2 Magma Body

Guayota transform his body into magma tempering it and thus losing his whole shield, transforming said value into a crust, an iron skin-like skill that upon breaking adds the whole max value to the current armor value.

Touching an enemy while in Magma Body makes it Brittle, a new status effect exclusive to Guayota. During Magma Body Guayota doesn't block ally fire, but instead buffs every shot that goes through it with fixed % of heat damage

Brittle: the armor, shield and health values of the affected unit gets cut in half, after 5 seconds the unit becomes Tempered and the effect of Brittle fade.

Tempered: The Shield value turns into armor and gets added to the total armor value from the unit, that becomes unable to recover any shield

Touching any of the rocks caused by Lava Vent while using Magma Body will make said rock melt, becoming a pool of lava that Guayota and his allies can use to hide into it by crouching inside, this lava pool will burn any enemy that tries to cross over it.

-Duration boosts the time that Magma Body lasts

-Strenght boosts the % of max hp that magma deals

3 Pyroclastic Shooter

Guayota buff both his weapons and those of his allies to use pyroclasms as ammo, these add an extra max armor % of the affected unit to the total damage per bullet upon hit. These pyroclasms also cause the Brittle status.

-Duration boosts the time that Piroclastic Shooter lasts

-Srenght boosts the % max armor damage that each bullet deals to enemy units

-Range boosts the range at wich Guayota can buff his allies with Piroclastic Shooter

4. Core's Wrath

Guayota let out a mighty roar of anger and summons around himself the cone of a volcano filled with magma, while the whole area around said cone becomes a burning inferno that will cause more volcanic cones to erupt around Guayota or any ally unit that do a jump slam on it. The walls of the volcanoes are permeable for Guayota or his allies, but solid for the enemy units that will be set ablaze with heat damage while walking over the lava or suffer and die while trapped inside a cone, being inflicted with magma damage and Brittle.

Using Lava Vent from one cone to the other will create a wall filled with magma, that in the same fashion as the cones, will release a stream of burning magma when broken by enemy units or melted by Guayota's Magma Body

-Duration boosts the time that Core's Wrath lasts

-Strenght boosts the % max hp damage that magma deals to those trapped inside a cone or wall, while the heat proc that is dealt from walking over the burning terrain remains unaffected. Base health and armor of the walls is also determined by ability strenght

-Range boosts the range of Core's Wrath

LORE

Conceived as a way to turn the fiery power hidden in the core of the planet itself into a weapon against the sentient menace, Guayota promised to be a valuable asset for the Orokin in the war, and a promise it remained, as when the process finished a monster was born. No tenno seemed able to bond with this one, and it didn't take longer for Guayota to transform the whole place into his molten domain, where no intruders were allowed and those that did dare to enter, only met a horrible death submerged in magma. 

Similar to a fortress, that now molten Orokin tower housed what seemed like a firm floor of hot red stone that hide a great amount of magma bellow, the same magma that Guayota inhabited and used to swiftly surface and trap any being foolish enough to set a foot in the crust, later using the molten ores taken from the armor of those corpses to reinforce the structure or even his own armor in a cruel imitation of a forge.

"Beast of Fire", "Molten Devil", "Infernal Predator"... those were some of the many names that the scarce survivors used to whisper about Guayota while shivering with fear, but not even this fearsome beast could survive a long lasting assault from the Sentients troops, that after weeks of continuous raids managed to force Guayota out of his magmatic lake and finally deal what they though it was a deadly strike.

Was it worth the losses? Definitely not, as while they though that Guayota fought for the Orokins, this wasn't true, and it wasn't an immediate danger for the Sentients, but this was only their first error, being the second the moment they didn't check the tons of volcanic rocks that drifted into the cold space when Guayota was defeated; for among them, Guayota had covered himself in a crust and was ready to wait for a future in wich he could find a worthy wielder capable of quelling his rage

Would apreciate any feedback so I could improve upon the original idea, that I'm sure that needs a lot of balance, if not in effects, in numbers

Edited by Xolot

En 20/8/2018 a las 10:57, KeLaRo dijo:

the magma body idea is simply perfect.

(also if i would suggest a %damage Decrease for any kind of fire line, but an huge increase in burning% effect for ally, just for balance pro and cons) 

I'm glad you liked it

I'm interested in your suggestion, but I would like to ask you for more details, as i can't grasp it fully

% damage decrease per fire line? You mean the bullets that go through deal less damage but have a higher heat damage proc?

On 2018-08-21 at 4:00 PM, Xolot said:

I'm glad you liked it

I'm interested in your suggestion, but I would like to ask you for more details, as i can't grasp it fully

% damage decrease per fire line? You mean the bullets that go through deal less damage but have a higher heat damage proc?

exactly, nerf direct damage, but increase effect damage. :D  

hace 19 horas, KeLaRo dijo:

exactly, nerf direct damage, but increase effect damage. :D  

That that might be more adequate for an Augment, don't you think?. I do like the idea, but feels more like something that an augment would do (- base DMG, + Heat DMG) 

I'm not sure if having it as it is could be too op because of how hard is to actually use this part of magma body. To use this Volt's Shield like effect you would have to shoot through a small moving target that constantly bulletjumps around in order to avoid being downed, so it would be used at most as a really unreliable damage boost at most. You could always ask Guayota to stand in front of you totally still, but the catch is that Guayota itself doesn't let you see through it so you would be shooting blindly and hopping to hit anything for augmented heat damage 

By the way, what's your opinion on the 4h ability? Its the one that worries me the most about being op or not

@Xolot the 4th is a good way for have a mix between Vauban 1st and Atlas walls, damage plus cover. also like an augment the "body cross boost" could works, but essentialy the concept of be a "catalizator mobile" for increase team damage is enough new, similar to Nyx sphere that get support from team, but in this case is directly team that gain power from cooperation with Guayota.

Edited by KeLaRo
tttypo

hace 1 hora, KeLaRo dijo:

@Xolot the 4th is a good way for have a mix between Vauban 1st and Atlas walls, damage plus cover. also like an augment the "body cross boost" could works, but essentialy the concept of be a "catalizator mobile" for increase team damage is enough new, similar to Nyx sphere that get support from team, but in this case is directly team that gain power from cooperation with Guayota.

it does sound legit the way you present it, I'm sold on it. It would have to been a noticeable increase in heat damage so people don't start to avoid shooting through Guayota not to lose damage, even more against heat resistant enemy units.

I'm thinking in something like 30% damage reduction and 40-50% heat damage increase, as heat damage is mitigated by the shields of corpus units, what do you think?

Edited by Xolot

En 24/8/2018 a las 11:01, KeLaRo dijo:

@Xolot i was thinking a team of 3/4 Guayota, 3 in line create a 150% flamethrower in any type of weapon 😄 30/50 is a good balance. especially versus Corpus.

It could happen, but considering that Volt Shield does the same, in a wider area, can be made by 1 single volt and also multiply critical damage by 200%, doesn't seem as anything that could ever be more than a meme build made for laughts by a premade squad.

It would be an interesting interation with Volt's Shield though, radioactive bullets