Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is finisher damage equal to what's given by covert lethality?

(PSN)RockstarJungle

Hi, my ash that i just recently starting playing again is currently out of commission to friday due to the disgusting forced cyst on his neck, But while he was in action, i noticed that......skipping to the point, I read the wiki on Fang prime, and then on covert lethality. Fang prime had a finisher damage stat of 90. the mod had lethal damage plus 100 i think? the thing is, i didnt see a percentage in the mod description. so Im wondering what finisher damage is? Is it lethal damage? It sounds weird to have to ask that. lol

Best I can explain is that finisher damage is not inherently lethal damage (without Covert Lethality). Finisher damage is simply a flat amount of damage that bypasses all enemy resistances and deals damage straight to health (the wiki often calls this True damage instead), while lethal damage is a varying number that always guarantees a kill on the enemy regardless of how much health or armour they have. The latter is what Covert Lethality gives you. With Covert Lethality installed, you could perform a finisher attack on a level 9999 Bombard and it will still kill the target in a single strike, while regular finisher attacks without the added lethal damage bonus from Covert won't even scratch them.

Another tidbit on Covert Lethality, it is not lethal damage +100. It is lethal damage on finishers, and an extra flat +100 base damage to your weapon. Adding +100 to lethal damage is pointless due to guaranteed kill nature of it.

"Finishing"/"True" Damage is a special damage type that ignores Corpus shields and Grineer armor. It is not guaranteed to kill every target, but the attacks that cause Finishing damage are usually powerful enough to kill enemies up to like lvl200

Covert Lethality is a special mod that's guaranteed to instantly kill its target, even lvl9999 enemies

the mod increases base damage of the weapon by 100% and all other damage mods now work off of this new number so it effectively doubles all damage dealt. the lethal damage on finishers is a separate thing that just guarantees that you kill enemies when you hit them with finishers.

On 2018-08-20 at 11:25 AM, Wrum said:

the mod increases base damage of the weapon by 100 and all other damage mods now work off of this new number so it effectively doubles all damage dealt. the lethal damage on finishers is a separate thing that just guarantees that you kill enemies when you hit them with finishers.

FTFY