Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lower the rank of some primed weapons

iheboiasli707

I have like 400h in this game i got a not bad set up of weapons and frames but most of the prime weapons r rank 14 nd im rank 11 and ranking stuff to lvl 30 is not fun i remember ranking to lvl 10 everyday i put like 4 new stuff to be built wake up tmr lvl them in hydron to lvl 30 then sell them tmr the same thing till i rank up . Its boring and repetitive  why hold us by sm high ranks let us try all the weapons 

1 minute ago, iheboiasli707 said:

But dude all the good weapons r at rank 14 and its not ez to reach that doing the same thing everyday is not fun ur just playing the game to lvl up stuff in the same mission for the next 3 h

not all good weapons. Ever heard of Sobek? or Zarr?

1 minute ago, iheboiasli707 said:

Tigris prime , tiberon , akbolto even boltor p is rank 13 

Tigris Prime has less dmg than Zarr Tiebron is actually quite good and Akbolto is meh.....and Telos Boltor is better then Boltor Prime...

I don’t level my weapons in Hydron or wherever people farm exp these days. I rank them up by playing missions, usually kuva or void fissures. Sure it takes a bit longer to rank them to 30 but it’s more fun in the end and I get more things done.

Also your mistake is assuming all the “good weapons” are primes. There are plenty of strong non-prime weapons that are good enough to do most content in the game. Don’t limit your perspective because you are too focused on the golden shinies.

lolwut

Primaries
MR 6: Scourge
MR 7: Argonak, Baza, Dara Vandal, Karak Wraith, Sobek, Zarr
MR 8: BratonP, Lenz (how), Stradavar
MR 9: Ignis Wraith, Ogris
MR 10: Amprex, Arca Plasmor, Astilla, Corinth, Lanka, Tenora

Secondaries
MR 2: Sonicor (lol)
MR 4: Nukor (how)
MR 5: Atomos (how)
MR 6: Detron (how)
MR 7: Fusilai, Synoid Gammacor
MR 9: Pox
MR 10: Akstiletto Prime, Knell, Staticor, Twin Kohmak

I would go over Melee as well but they haven't redone the MR values on melee yet.

The only weapons my MR20 ass regularly uses that are *higher* than MR 10 is the Tiberon Prime (14) and Euphona Prime (14). Everything else up there I typically don't touch. And even the TibP and EuphP only really see use when I'm going into high level content.

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

Tigris Prime has less dmg than Zarr Tiebron is actually quite good and Akbolto is meh.....and Telos Boltor is better then Boltor Prime...

Tigris Prime... less dmg... than...

Even I, someone who detests viral slash builds, can't help but point out that your claim is hilariously wrong.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

5 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

made me chuckle 😄 thanks for that

I try. And don't get me wrong, I'd take the Zarr over the TigP any day due to the Zarr being useful at things other than absurd Viral+Slash against a single target at close range. But if you're gonna criticize anything about the TigP, it should be its shortcomings, not the one thing it's good at lol

EDIT: found the video I wanted to include related

Edited by TheBlueJelly

59 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

I try. And don't get me wrong, I'd take the Zarr over the TigP any day due to the Zarr being useful at things other than absurd Viral+Slash against a single target at close range. But if you're gonna criticize anything about the TigP, it should be its shortcomings, not the one thing it's good at lol

EDIT: found the video I wanted to include related

this guy....(the YouTuber) so often wrong Information...but I will watch that video when im home

Edit: This just shows that even the Drakgoon can outperform Tigris. Nothing about the Zarr.... @TheBlueJelly

Edited by Kyoresh

9 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

this guy....(the YouTuber) so often wrong Information...but I will watch that video when im home

Edit: This just shows that even the Drakgoon can outperform Tigris. Nothing about the Zarr.... @TheBlueJelly

It's factual that the Tigris Prime deals much more single target damage than what the Zarr could ever dream of, on top of the Tigris Prime also having the highest base damage of all non-Archwing weapons. Not a matter of opinion, really. You may like the Zarr more (totally valid), but you cannot claim it deals more damage than the Tigris Prime. 

19 hours ago, iheboiasli707 said:

But dude all the good weapons r at rank 14 and its not ez to reach that doing the same thing everyday is not fun ur just playing the game to lvl up stuff in the same mission for the next 3 h

I suppose if you are going Hydron for leveling it is definitely slow, not to mention boring.

8 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

It's factual that the Tigris Prime deals much more single target damage than what the Zarr could ever dream of, on top of the Tigris Prime also having the highest base damage of all non-Archwing weapons. Not a matter of opinion, really. You may like the Zarr more (totally valid), but you cannot claim it deals more damage than the Tigris Prime. 

im not talking about pure damage, I mean general DPS and most of all KPS, which is something where Zarr definitley wins. Tigris is just too unuseable except on Frames like Nova or Vauban

22 hours ago, iheboiasli707 said:

But dude all the good weapons r at rank 14...

No, they are not. 

There are plenty of good weapons below rank 12, much less 14. Now, below rank 6, you might have an argument, but there are still things like the Hek, Karak, and Grakata available at very low MR. It just gets better from there. 

My most used weapon--with around 5500 hours in the game--is still the Braton Prime, a rank 8 weapon. You have options. Lots of them. 

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

No, they are not. 

There are plenty of good weapons below rank 12, much less 14. Now, below rank 6, you might have an argument, but there are still things like the Hek, Karak, and Grakata available at very low MR. It just gets better from there. 

My most used weapon--with around 5500 hours in the game--is still the Braton Prime, a rank 8 weapon. You have options. Lots of them. 

Sonicor is 2, Atmos is 5.

I know, I'm just as surprised as you are.

Nukor is 4, too, but that's only whack with an adarza.

3 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

im not talking about pure damage, I mean general DPS and most of all KPS, which is something where Zarr definitley wins. Tigris is just too unuseable except on Frames like Nova or Vauban

Then say kills, not damage. You said damage. And in damage specifically, the zarr cannot compete with the TigP unless you add the "area" qualifier to it.

21 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

The thumbnail should have made that obvious. Jesus, I was just using the vid to emphasize that I was defending the TigP reluctantly. Not as any sort of "proof" against your initial claim.

Your initial claim was wrong by rote.

5 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Then say kills, not damage. You said damage. And in damage specifically, the zarr cannot compete with the TigP unless you add the "area" qualifier to it.

damage for me in warframe= kills+ammo efficiency+kps.

5 minutes ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Your initial claim was wrong by rote.

by your definition, not by mine

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

How about these definitions:

Kills. Depends on the mission. Kills don't mean squat in defenses, interceptions, and excavations. 

Ammo efficiency. Situationally dependent. If I'm running Carrier with Ammo Case, I don't care. 

KPS. Again, depends on the mission. If the enemies are tough enough, something like the TigrisP can make the difference, just from raw power. Also, this isn't pizza delivery. You don't get a bonus for 30min or less. Unless the mission itself is timed, I don't care how long it takes. That it gets done right (Spy) is more important than shaving a few seconds off at the end...especially if you rush it and fail, necessitating another run. Also, if you insist on leaving the team behind, I'll make you wait at extraction regardless. 

2 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

And how do you get those kills, and how do you determine ammo efficiency, and how do you determine kps?

You get kills by dealing damage greater than or equal to a target's means of soaking said damage.
You determine ammo efficiency by the amount of damage per unit of ammo and the amount of ammo typically wasted before getting a kill (a function of accuracy (somewhat range and user-dependent) and rate of fire).
You determine KPS as a mixture of TTK (Time Till Kill) and TST (Target Switch Time). TTK is a function of damage, rate of [accurate] fire, and enemy scaling. TST is a function of rate of fire, difficulty of lining up a shot (AoE drastically lowers this), and potential to hit multiple targets (technically a TTK boon on followup targets near the one you're switching from).

You can't redefine a basic term like damage. Especially not with three terms that are themselves dependent on the definition of that basic term.

Damage is Damage.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Dont level intentionaly. Equip some good weap and just do missions you would normaly do like relics. You dont even need weapon on relics as most people doing it will just rush throught map with ingis+volt and you wont even see enemy even if you wanted ... I did MR12 in one day with affinity booster this way ... when I am doing sorties I am even doing it with frame and one good weap and other weapons get insane exp...

BTW no good weaps under lvl 14? Laughs in HEK ... I used HEK until I opened Arca plasmor and now I am using arca on regular plebs and HEK on sortie as single target weapon ... I am even using probably MR7< weaps most of time ...

1 minute ago, ShiraHagane said:

What

The way you complete a Defense is by killing every enemy

Mobile defense though...

And think his point was that kills don't matter if you don't actually push the payload protect the point.

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

How about these definitions:

Kills. Depends on the mission. Kills don't mean squat in defenses, interceptions, and excavations. 

Ammo efficiency. Situationally dependent. If I'm running Carrier with Ammo Case, I don't care. 

KPS. Again, depends on the mission. If the enemies are tough enough, something like the TigrisP can make the difference, just from raw power. Also, this isn't pizza delivery. You don't get a bonus for 30min or less. Unless the mission itself is timed, I don't care how long it takes. That it gets done right (Spy) is more important than shaving a few seconds off at the end...especially if you rush it and fail, necessitating another run. Also, if you insist on leaving the team behind, I'll make you wait at extraction regardless. 

im talking about end game. Endless runs, mostly Survival (+3hours) in any other Content it doesnt matter what weapon you use...it doesnt even matter what mods you use most of the time...