Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

limbo's operator theory

Adidas_Altyn

so when i was talking to the quill guy in cetus, he was talking about "alternate universes" and that the one we are in was the only one with a "good ending"

so my theory is that the man, was limbo's operator. he knows about alternate realities, and alot about how the operator's void attacks work, so he could use his science to create an amplifier for operators.

disclamer: I by no means am a lore expert, if i was horribly wrong dont crusify me, alright?

Well with the lack of lore all we have are theories to go by anyway and in a universe like Warframe yours isn't so far fetched but I'd say this isn't accurate because from what we know operators don't age visually, meaning they're stuck as children regardless of age and even though we don't see Onkos face he sounds like a middle aged man

I would really premise that EVERYTHING in this discussion is spoiler-ific.

Hm no. Operators are non-aging mutated Orokin children. The Oro of the Limbo operator was destroyed during the old war.

Quill Onko is a middle-aged Cetus inhabitant. He was born and raised in Cetus. We know his childhood friends.

I don't think it's a particularly close match. But there are obviously strong links between the Quills and the Tenno.

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

I would really premise that EVERYTHING in this discussion is spoiler-ific.

Hm no. Operators are non-aging mutated Orokin children. The Oro of the Limbo operator was destroyed during the old war.

Quill Onko is a middle-aged Cetus inhabitant. He was born and raised in Cetus. We know his childhood friends.

I don't think it's a particularly close match. But there are obviously strong links between the Quills and the Tenno.

alright then, my bad. thanks for not nailing me to a cross 

I think that the Unum gave the Quills an ability pretty much like Dr.Manhathan, he can see all his own possible futures and manipulate events to make sure to get the best outcomes for him or someone else, and that in the warframe universe includes the void and maybe all the aspects of it, and is that why quill onko is that way talking "nonsense"...

slightly different angle:

what if the Unum was part of an Orokin research facility regarding alternate planes and such. 

and what if the head researcher or whatever,  VOLUNTEERED himself to the Warframe program and became the original Limbo. 

12 hours ago, Tenno607 said:

good veiw from up here, *bleeds out*

Always look on the bright side of life!

That said, the more I think about it, the more I want DE to finally explain the Quill! I always assumed that it was Gara's operator (at least, the Gara who protected Cetus all those years ago) who collaborated with them, but...

They obviously have a Tenno connection, and there's definitely space for a quest featuring the Quill, Gara's operator and the mysterious Unum, to answer all the questions we have 🙂

3 hours ago, kyori said:

You mean Quill is Limbo’s operator? In Limbo’s quest, he died as a result of not handling the rift well. Well, same as mirage and gara, there were no mention of them having operator when they died. 

I bet Limbo operator's mind is lost on the void as limbo warframe got scattered in pieces due to a too long distance jump into the rift.  He tried to get as close as possible to the void by jumping from the normal reality.

With limbo in pieces, transference was suddenly interrupted, so that mind is lost in the transference (somewhere in the void I guess).

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

16 hours ago, kaelvamp said:

I think that the Unum gave the Quills an ability pretty much like Dr.Manhathan, he can see all his own possible futures and manipulate events to make sure to get the best outcomes for him or someone else, and that in the warframe universe includes the void and maybe all the aspects of it, and is that why quill onko is that way talking "nonsense"...

Dr Manhattan couldn't manipulate events though. He jumped timelines but it progressed linearly. He knew information before he knew it but only because someone eventually told him. 

The Unum is more like the Architect in the Matrix showing every possibility but set in stone only after they occur. Though most events leaving decisions up to player agency often ends with the same result. 

Wouldn't the very first limbo be a borderline Umbra (with a more stabilized personality, enough to calculate inter-dimensional travel)? Since all warframes had to start somewhere as an infected warrior host it's possible to say that the pieces of the limbo we find out there are of the very first "volunteer" warframe host and might have not had an operator in the first place.

Just now, Tenno607 said:

wait did the original limbo have an operator, or did he go through the warframe proces, but was not turned into a vegetable?

Remember, operator =/= Warframe, though they are linked.

Even assuming Limbo's operator only ever had one Limbo, and didn't have any others to Transfer into, that doesn't mean the operator died too.

That's why I suspect the Unum may actually be what's left of the Limbo operator's consciousness.

1 minute ago, rhoenix said:

Remember, operator =/= Warframe, though they are linked.

Even assuming Limbo's operator only ever had one Limbo, and didn't have any others to Transfer into, that doesn't mean the operator died too.

That's why I suspect the Unum may actually be what's left of the Limbo operator's consciousness.

you might be right, but lore is fuzzy so we might have to wait