Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Vandal > Burston

Volt_Cruelerz

While the Burston is UP to begin with, I'd like to point out how the BV is pretty much a straight upgrade to the Burston. You have exactly the same damage with fire control and a higher DPS. It's not that the BV is overpowered, once again, just proof that the Burston needs to be brought in line with the other guns.

Afuris, Aklato, and now BV are all categorically better. Pistols are better than a rifle. What's wrong with this picture?

As before, I suggest the following changes to this currently weak gun:

-Accuracy Buff: make the Burston pinpoint. with minimal accuracy loss by the second and perhaps allow the third to go off target if trying to snipe an enemy (first shot accurate enough to hit a weakpoint, second shot accurate enough to hit the enemy, third shot might hit, might not). This will help it fulfill its desired role as a hybrid

-Rate Rework: allow rate nodes and mods to not just pack the burst bullets closer together but also allow them to allow bursts themselves to be closer together and in doing so prevent it from being useless when facing hordes of Infested (which it is currently).

-Damage Buff: very very slight buff to damage (I'm talking like changing the damage per bullet from 20 to 21 or maybe 22) to help deal just a hair more damage to targets and prevent the need for an extra finishing tap periodically.

This is not a case of pick 1 or two of the above. I genuinely believe that in order to be on par with other weapons, all three changes must occur. Only then would it be capable of dealing with larger groups of enemies more efficiently (I'm not saying it should be remotely as good as the Gorgon in this regard, but right now it is downright pathetic at mowing down Infested hordes), hit distant targets harder than the autos but less so than the semis, and have slightly better ammo efficiency.

My thoughts:

Just rework fire rate mods for the burston and their effect because if fire rate mods really decrease the time between the 3 fired shots of a burst it also should reduce spread because there is less time between each shot to get inaccurate bringing the spread closer together which also makes the damage and accuracy buff unnecessary because hitting all 3 bullets will be more likely. Fire rate reducing the time between burst is only ok if burston will not become something like a burst autorifle .. some weapons are just weak against infested by default.. example: snipetron or Latron....and ofc the burston.