Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Is Live For All Players

[DE]CoreyOnline

Tenno, the Origin System finally stands united. Cross Platform Save is live and here to stay for all players! No more Dip Gate - the Cross Platform Save gate is open to all. 

Cross Platform Save functionality allows players to use their Warframe account Progression -- including Items, Customizations, Quests, etc. -- from a single Cross Platform Save account across multiple different gaming platforms. 

Connect your Account and unify your Warframe experience today: https://www.warframe.com/news/cross-save

On 2023-12-12 at 10:11 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

For additional information, including an extended FAQ, visit
warframe.com/news/cross-platform-save

To share feedback on your Cross Platform Save experience, head to this sub-forum
forums.warframe.com/forum/1886-cross-platform-save-feedback/

To share bug reports related to your Cross Platform Save experience, head to this sub-forum
forums.warframe.com/forum/1887-cross-platform-save-bug-reports/

For errors during Cross Platform Save account setup, please contact Warframe Support
support.warframe.com/hc/requests/new 

• Like 8

Many of us lost access to our original forum accounts after cross save (be it linked or merged). Is this getting fixed? We’ve had support tickets open for almost a month now (some of us since December) regarding this issue but no response yet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Belmenel said:

Still only lets me link, not merge. Any word on when that bug will be fixed?

If your accounts are not eligible, that is not a bug, that's a feature.

do you have to merge to be able to use your main account because I linked then selected the primary account but it doesn't load on switch or PS4 and my account for switch was created back in 2019 and PS4 was back in 2020

Edited by RX0UnicornGM

As someone who has had an 8 year old Xbox account and decently aged but not as well used PS account, is there a way to merge these 2 accounts without ever having a PC account before the cutoff date? I would like to pull the forma and archon shards over from the PS account onto the Xbox account without losing anything from the Xbox account.

15 minutes ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

do you have to merge to be able to use your main account because I linked then selected the primary account but it doesn't load on switch or PS4 and my account for switch was created back in 2019 and PS4 was back in 2020

If you linked, you deleted one of those accounts.

The FAQ explains how to do it if you don't have an eligible PC account. If you did not do that, you'll have to contact support so they can revert your accounts and then you can try again. You'll probably lose all progress between now and when they get back to you.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)dude1286 said:

As someone who has had an 8 year old Xbox account and decently aged but not as well used PS account, is there a way to merge these 2 accounts without ever having a PC account before the cutoff date? I would like to pull the forma and archon shards over from the PS account onto the Xbox account without losing anything from the Xbox account.

Yes, but it's a bit complicated. Please read the FAQ carefully (the section "I DID NOT CREATE A PC ACCOUNT BEFORE THE CUTOFF DATE. CAN I STILL MERGE MULTIPLE CONSOLE ACCOUNTS?").

You'll want to first link your Xbox account to a new PC account, choosing the Xbox as the primary, then after completing the link, you can merge in the PS account.

Edited by --N--

11 minutes ago, --N-- said:

If you linked, you deleted one of those accounts.

The FAQ explains how to do it if you don't have an eligible PC account. If you did not do that, you'll have to contact support so they can revert your accounts and then you can try again. You'll probably lose all progress between now and when they get back to you.

Yes, but it's a bit complicated. Please read the FAQ carefully (the section "I DID NOT CREATE A PC ACCOUNT BEFORE THE CUTOFF DATE. CAN I STILL MERGE MULTIPLE CONSOLE ACCOUNTS?").

You'll want to first link your Xbox account to a new PC account, choosing the Xbox as the primary, then after completing the link, you can merge in the PS account.

my PC account was 2016 created and I linked my switch to my PC and my PSN to PC but then I go play on PC nothing has changed PSN nothing changed switch nothing changed

12 minutes ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

my PC account was 2016 created and I linked my switch to my PC and my PSN to PC but then I go play on PC nothing has changed PSN nothing changed switch nothing changed

Linking and merging are two different things. If you link, you do not get the items from your secondary accounts. The website will tell you if you are linking or merging.

If you go to https://www.warframe.com/cross-save, does it say your accounts are already connected?

3 minutes ago, --N-- said:

Linking and merging are two different things. If you link, you do not get the items from your secondary accounts. The website will tell you if you are linking or merging.

If you go to https://www.warframe.com/cross-save, does it say your accounts are already connected?

I know the difference and yes the accounts are already connected I would assume but I am only able to access my PC account on PC and console on console that's why I'm asking about this

1 hour ago, --N-- said:

Yeah, they could have done this in a much simpler way, like just having a player sign in to the site with the account they wanted to turn into the primary and have a way on the site to turn that console account into the cross save account directly there. Then merging would just be simply using the site again to say which account to merge with. They made this over complicated, but I think I'll wait on the merge until closer to the deadline that they will set later to build more forma and archon shards. I'm one of those weirdos that try to put everything into EVERY weapon, including the lower variants, so the forma build up will be nice when I do merge the accounts later rather than now.

16 hours ago, --N-- said:

If your accounts are not eligible, that is not a bug, that's a feature.

Would be true if there was a legitimate reason to deny eligibility. Maybe if there had been a notice when switch accounts were split off. As it stands, they need to fix eligibility bugs.

"It's not a bug it's a feature" is the biggest load of BS I've seen on this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belmenel said:

Would be true if there was a legitimate reason to deny eligibility. Maybe if there had been a notice when switch accounts were split off. As it stands, they need to fix eligibility bugs.

"It's not a bug it's a feature" is the biggest load of BS I've seen on this.

Yes, I agree it sucks, and DE should at least have given you the option to delete one account and restore the ability to merge, but that doesn't make it a bug. A bug is something not working as intended, and that will be fixed. This requires convincing DE to change the intended behavior, which is very unlikely to happen, especially if all you say is "fix the bug". You didn't even say what your actual problem was, just that you couldn't merge.

19 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

Many of us lost access to our original forum accounts after cross save (be it linked or merged). Is this getting fixed? We’ve had support tickets open for almost a month now (some of us since December) regarding this issue but no response yet. 

Seconding this. Even with my PS5 account as my primary, the website and forums keep logging me into my newbie PC account and I've lost access to my PSN forum account and all PSN support ticket info.

20 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Cross Platform Save is live and here to stay for all players!

When can we trade with console players who don't enable cross save (ie when will it actually be one unified ecosphere)?  
Will there be some script that moves/auto creates/or some other means by which they will be force migrated/xtrading enabled?  

1 hour ago, --N-- said:

Yes, I agree it sucks, and DE should at least have given you the option to delete one account and restore the ability to merge, but that doesn't make it a bug. A bug is something not working as intended, and that will be fixed. This requires convincing DE to change the intended behavior, which is very unlikely to happen, especially if all you say is "fix the bug". You didn't even say what your actual problem was, just that you couldn't merge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_error

Logic rather than code error. Still a bug, still needs fixed

When they step up and state that their intent is to drive away long-standing players by screwing them over, we can shift the label away from bug. Untill then, it is /not/ working as intended, the bug needs fixed, and they need to hoppity skip to it.

And I have given pages of details, easily accessible to any DE folks. They can check the support ticket i have in, or the myriad of posts about the issue that they've been ignoring.

On 2024-01-31 at 5:05 PM, Belmenel said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_error

Logic rather than code error. Still a bug, still needs fixed

From the FAQ:

Only accounts created before November 24 at 2 p.m. ET, which did not previously undergo a PC-to-console account migration, will be eligible to Merge.

The code is operating correctly.

When they step up and state that their intent is to drive away long-standing players by screwing them over, we can shift the label away from bug. Untill then, it is /not/ working as intended, the bug needs fixed, and they need to hoppity skip to it.

Lol, ok.

And I have given pages of details, easily accessible to any DE folks. They can check the support ticket i have in, or the myriad of posts about the issue that they've been ignoring.

Sorry, I only saw your comment in this thread, and I thought you were confused about how cross save works.

On 2024-01-31 at 4:30 PM, tucker_d_dawg said:

When can we trade with console players who don't enable cross save (ie when will it actually be one unified ecosphere)?  
Will there be some script that moves/auto creates/or some other means by which they will be force migrated/xtrading enabled?  

Steve addressed this in the devshort, not much they can do now, maybe later: https://youtu.be/cZr9a-6PH2c?t=444

"For all players"

Yeah, except it's not lol

Based on the automated support ticket responses, DE knew this would be a large issue, but the company is more concerned with people potentially duplicating virtual items than they are with assisting veteran players in securing their hundreds of hours of progress on other accounts. You've employed a half-baked system to accomplish a buzz-word marketing goal you haven't put in the effort to make an actual reality.

Don't advertise this as something that it isn't DE. You've made merging available for the individuals who didn't try out your cross-platform system. Meanwhile, all of us who did engage with it did so without knowing it would have significantly greater consequences than rewards. 

You could seek solutions that might be slightly more inconvenient but would be of great assistance to veteran players. Unfortunately, your lack of communication and/or transparency on this matter, as well as false marketing statements like the title of this post, show that the greater part of the company just doesn't care if veteran players are helped.

It's a shame to see your Community Management team being forced to put on blinders and ear muffs to ignore the countless posts of players with ~1-minute playtime console-linked accounts. Instead of expressing compassion, or at least employing some kind of reparation for those you are unwilling to help by employing more strenuous strategies for merging options, you just pretend you don't see them. You withhold a proper explanation, or even just a simple acknowledgment on a Dev Stream because it would notify more of the community of those being screwed over.

I get it. It's just business. It's smart to put your head down and wait for the storm to blow over, as there are plenty of players amongst the crowd of us who sought to come back to the game on the announcement of the merges that will give in, link their accounts, wipe their history with the game from another platform, and grind back everything they can. Why waste the resources on developing a better solution "For all players," when you can just lie and have effectively the same result for less effort? 

• Like 1

On 2024-02-01 at 4:58 AM, --N-- said:

Steve addressed this in the devshort, not much they can do now, maybe later: https://youtu.be/cZr9a-6PH2c?t=444

Mate since I don't think I responded to one of your older posts I'll say this now when I linked a few days ago the PS4 and switch accounts did not get deleted they are still live and the website knows that when I linked nothing happened it's basically forcing me to merge which is confusing me because I thought it was not mandatory to merge they are connected but not allowing me to play my PC account save on switch or PSN

1 hour ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

Mate since I don't think I responded to one of your older posts I'll say this now when I linked a few days ago the PS4 and switch accounts did not get deleted they are still live and the website knows that when I linked nothing happened it's basically forcing me to merge which is confusing me because I thought it was not mandatory to merge they are connected but not allowing me to play my PC account save on switch or PSN

I'm not sure what you're replying to, but yes, if you are eligible to merge, it will not let you link. The only difference is that merging gives you your stuff from the secondary accounts, so there's no reason to allow you to link.

1 hour ago, --N-- said:

I'm not sure what you're replying to, but yes, if you are eligible to merge, it will not let you link. The only difference is that merging gives you your stuff from the secondary accounts, so there's no reason to allow you to link.

you're missing what I'm saying ffs I have already connected my two accounts together they are eligible but DE said that merging was not a mandatory thing and I can't post an imgur link either so idk how I can show you a picture of what I'm talking about