The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Orbit, The Gravity Frame

Xanathos86

Since most of the existing frames are based on physics/elemental principles i thought: “A new frame based on gravity and mass? Why not?” Obviously i knew it would have some affinity with Mag and Rhino and the window of possible skills would be really narrow, but i tried anyway to shape my idea in something realistic and viable in the current game.

Name: Orbit

Overall description: i thought of him as a heavy frame (on par with Saryn and just a bit less than Rhino and Frost) specialized in both offensive and defensive support, with somewhat situational skills that can cover a number of possible needs for a cell and with decent crowd control potential.

Health: 100 – 300

Shields: 150 - 450            

Armor: 125

Power: 100 – 150

Sprint speed:  0,95

Polarities: Tactical (aura) Offensive x1 Tactical x1

Skills:

1: Slingshot (25)

Orbit tosses himself forward, flying for a brief distance and hard hitting the ground when he lands, damaging and knocking down nearby enemies.

Toss range:  8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters

Damage: 150 / 200 / 300 / 400

Impact range: 1 / 2 / 3 / 5 meters

Notes: knocks down light units and it’s basically a faster, “more horizontal” jump attack

2: Center of mass (50)

Orbit augments his mass becoming temporarily invulnerable and exerting a gravity field strong enough to catch enemy bullets at the cost of forced immobility

Range (radius):  5 / 7 / 10 / 15 meters

Duration:  4 / 6 / 8 / 10 seconds

Notes: this acts like a focused skill: Orbit will not be able to move or attack but will be invulnerable for the duration of the skill. Basically it’s a forced decoy he applies on himself. Since it has no damage limit, it would be more useful in end game situations with a lot of heavy enemy fire. (it’s clearly useless against infested)

3: Gravity crush (75)

Modifies the gravity on a single enemy, crushing his body to the ground and keeping him still while dealing damage over time.

Range:  10 / 13 / 16 / 20 meters

Duration:  2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds

Damage:  60 / 70 / 80 / 100 per second

Notes: this is clearly a skill for single heavy units and bosses and not for great packs of low level enemies. The target is knocked down and suffers continuous damage for the duration of the skill.

4: Implosion (100)

Orbit extends his gravity field to the point he can attract enemies’ bodies. He then releases it  with a massive shockwave dealing damage.

Range:  13 / 15 / 17 / 20 meters

Duration:  2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds

Damage:  500 / 600 / 700 / 900

Notes : This is a focused skill. Orbit instantly attracts every enemy in range on himself (in a fashion similar to Vauban’s vortex) keeping them in place and vulnerable to allies for the duration of the skill, then he releases the shockwave hurling them away and applying damage.

What do you think of it? Underpowered? Overpowered? Not viable at all? Any feedback will be appreciated!

I think that Implosion should also do ragdoll damage after the shockwave

I thought of a ragdoll (or even a knockdown) effect too, but i'm afraid that the skill could become really OP

The name Orbit should be changed.

I'm fine with that, but could you elaborate? Why do you think that? What do you suggest instead? Edited by Xanathos86

IMO too it should have another name. Orbit is more concerned with resultant vectors of gravity and conservation of inertia. How about "Motus", the latin for motion and the term used in Newton's Laws of Physics.

skills:

1. Isn't this Rhino Charge? Maybe he can just slingshot an enemy instead. He picks up an enemy and throws him, dealing damage to the thrown and another set of damage to the people at the receiving end. Ragdolls them too. Plus, it would be fun as hell to watch.

2. No problems with this one. Might just wanna add you'd be immune to stagger and knockdown. It's not actually useless on infected, you can act as as a decoy for aggro in defense missions and teammates can just shoot them down (Xini, here I come!).

3. This is Mag's skill Crush. Only DoT and not instantaneous but with the sane concept. Why not combine it with Bullet Attractor since they have their mass increased just like skill 2? At least it a combination of 2 skills.

4. This is also Mag's skill Crush combined with Vortex. My suggestion? Gravity slam - gravity within AoE is increased forcing enemies to the ground. Just apply the same Range, Duration and Damage. This plus the fact that they're stuck on the ground for easy picking would be great.

IMO too it should have another name. Orbit is more concerned with resultant vectors of gravity and conservation of inertia. How about "Motus", the latin for motion and the term used in Newton's Laws of Physics.

skills:

1. Isn't this Rhino Charge? Maybe he can just slingshot an enemy instead. He picks up an enemy and throws him, dealing damage to the thrown and another set of damage to the people at the receiving end. Ragdolls them too. Plus, it would be fun as hell to watch.

2. No problems with this one. Might just wanna add you'd be immune to stagger and knockdown. It's not actually useless on infected, you can act as as a decoy for aggro in defense missions and teammates can just shoot them down (Xini, here I come!).

3. This is Mag's skill Crush. Only DoT and not instantaneous but with the sane concept. Why not combine it with Bullet Attractor since they have their mass increased just like skill 2? At least it a combination of 2 skills.

4. This is also Mag's skill Crush combined with Vortex. My suggestion? Gravity slam - gravity within AoE is increased forcing enemies to the ground. Just apply the same Range, Duration and Damage. This plus the fact that they're stuck on the ground for easy picking would be great.

Actually i don't mind "Motus" as a name. might as well change it :)

Regarding the skills:

1 is actually different from Rhino Charge (and Slash Dash). the aoe and damage aren't applied during the flight trajectory, but only at the impact spot. But i find your suggestion nice and viable!

2 would end being useless against infested because it doesn't act as an aggro, but more like Mag's Bullet Attractor. melee enemies couldn't possibly be affected by this

3 is just similar to Crush. Mag's skill is focused (almost 3 secs cast time) affects multiple enemies and lifts them. This one instead is an instant skill, it's a single target one and keeps the enemy knocked down for the entire duration.

4 again i like your suggestion, an AOE ground finisher setup could be really nice. I liked the idea of pulling enemies on him keeping them still though. I'll keep them both and gather more opinions.

In the meantime thank you for your feedback

Actually i don't mind "Motus" as a name. might as well change it :)

Regarding the skills:

1 is actually different from Rhino Charge (and Slash Dash). the aoe and damage aren't applied during the flight trajectory, but only at the impact spot. But i find your suggestion nice and viable!

2 would end being useless against infested because it doesn't act as an aggro, but more like Mag's Bullet Attractor. melee enemies couldn't possibly be affected by this

3 is just similar to Crush. Mag's skill is focused (almost 3 secs cast time) affects multiple enemies and lifts them. This one instead is an instant skill, it's a single target one and keeps the enemy knocked down for the entire duration.

4 again i like your suggestion, an AOE ground finisher setup could be really nice. I liked the idea of pulling enemies on him keeping them still though. I'll keep them both and gather more opinions.

In the meantime thank you for your feedback

haha Thanks too.

You know about that skill where you throw enemies? I'd pay plat to watch that happen. Would be funny as hell to see you throw them like a basketball. "He shoots... he scores!!!" It'd be a plus if you would dribble them hahahaha!