Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chemistry Based Warframe?

Armillary

I apologize for posting two warframe concepts in quick succession, however I was wondering about the validity of a gas based warframe. I haven't seen a concept of the type posted so far, although I've only given it a cursory search at best. The idea would be to use military/industrial visual inspiration which would yield a style capitalizing on the minimal designs that were often wrought in iron. I think it could be a visually appealing idea that would also have interesting game-play, imagine an ability that would release a gas cloud damaging nearby enemies or a similar effect that would be ignitable. Maybe this could make use of various elemental systems to give the character versatility against separate races? There is even room for a support role - maybe one that would have him nullify status effects. I could most likely come up with a number of possible abilities but I'd like to hear from other people on the forum if you think it might be a good idea. Utility abilities seem very valuable in the later levels so it may be a good idea to think in that vein as well.   

Saryn pretty much has the damaging portion of it, Nova has the "ignitable" if you can call her ult that. And for nullifying status effects, there really isn't much to work with that since the only one's i can say that are actual status effects are maybe the gas spewed by the green infected (forgot name), disruptors, and corpus leeches, and even then the duration of those are short enough to live through and not really in need of much hurry, but long enough to be a bother.

Edited by xFayt

Just a fleeting thought, I was interested in the "mad scientist" vibe Vauban had and was looking for a way to have something similar but noticeably different. Plus if you think of Vauban as a Physicist then a Chemist would be perfect for PvP.

Edited by Armillary