Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlimited Spawns

MilkTheTank

Now, I know I'm relatively new to the beta, but as a primarily solo player, something has really been grating on me. At this point I don't see any way to stop the infinite spawning. Here is a prime example of my problem:

I just attempted V Prime solo.

Note: I'm level 20, the mission is level 5-7.

Damage wise, it's actually pretty easy, for obvious reasons.

However, the problem started as soon as I cleared the first sector. I opened the door to the next sector and started taking out enemies. At this point, I'm at 10 - 20 kills. I clear the next room because an alarm is triggered. After looting everything in the room, I switch off the alarms from a backroom with a nicely defensible doorway down a long hallway. At this point, I kill another easily 40 enemies to make my way to the door to the next sector. However, as I start clearing the enemies that re-spawned in that sector, the sector I'm standing in starts re-spawning. I never managed to clear the 3rd sector.

I died and forfeited at 440 kills.

Now I understand some people may want more spawns, especially for farming purposes. However, especially in the solo context, I would think a way to disable spawns in a sector basis (aka via some form of terminal) or on an individual basis (aka via destroying doors/those boxes that spawn robots) would be a relief.

Frankly I feel like spending almost an hour clearing 2 rooms due to spawns is a little excessive in general, but at least if I had the ability to disable spawns once I'd cleared them I'd be able to progress.

TL:DR - Solo player killed nearly 500 enemies by the second room, thinks there should be a way to disable spawns by sector or by spawn.

I'd suggest playing with friends or in public games until you get better mods, weapons and warfames. I never have a problem with high spawn rates while playing solo.

Granted, and I have been trying to get friends to play (breaking people out of WoW is far harder than it should be though) but the point remains, I'm 10 levels up. However, because I like to explore and loot, I can't keep up with the enemy spawn rate. 440 enemies by the third room is just excessive. IMHO.

This has been bugging me for a long time too. Ships should have limited contingents on, even if it is 500 or whatever number DE happens to choose, and there should be ways of limiting/slowing down their progress instead of having them spawn on top of the player. Strategic spawns, holding choke points, not appearing behind you when all the doors are red, or in rooms you've just cleared, etc.

Pity the Tenno can't plant explosives on the ship and blast big holes in them that sealing sections won't fix quite so easily.

+1

Granted, and I have been trying to get friends to play (breaking people out of WoW is far harder than it should be though) but the point remains, I'm 10 levels up. However, because I like to explore and loot, I can't keep up with the enemy spawn rate. 440 enemies by the third room is just excessive. IMHO.

I understand where you are coming from. I had that problem until I got better stuff. A low level weapon with a decently leveled up mod can make that weapon work extremely well for lower level missions. Levels aren't what make the warframe/weapon good, mods are. Only have 2 friends that play and they starting playing after I started building my first warframe/weapons. They always needed me around to explore and farm for mats for awhile. As soon as they started to catch up they were able to solo with ease. Patience is all you need when it comes to starting out solo.

This has been bugging me for a long time too. Ships should have limited contingents on, even if it is 500 or whatever number DE happens to choose, and there should be ways of limiting/slowing down their progress instead of having them spawn on top of the player. Strategic spawns, holding choke points, not appearing behind you when all the doors are red, or in rooms you've just cleared, etc.

Pity the Tenno can't plant explosives on the ship and blast big holes in them that sealing sections won't fix quite so easily.

+1

As someone posted in another thread on this matter, the read doors could probably be opened by their own crew members. However, if that's the logic they're taking, then how about giving the Tenno a way to fuse or lock-down a door so that they can't come through? Honestly, I think that'd be the interesting approach, make us able to fuse doors and break robot spawners so that it's the players choice how much stuff can re-spawn behind or in front of them.

I understand where you are coming from. I had that problem until I got better stuff. A low level weapon with a decently leveled up mod can make that weapon work extremely well for lower level missions. Levels aren't what make the warframe/weapon good, mods are. Only have 2 friends that play and they starting playing after I started building my first warframe/weapons. They always needed me around to explore and farm for mats for awhile. As soon as they started to catch up they were able to solo with ease. Patience is all you need when it comes to starting out solo.

Sorry for the double post, this one snuck in while I posted the other, and apparently I can't edit into a multiQuote. I understand you point, however that point in itself creates a problem. It means that the only way solo players can break into the game is replaying a mission on Mercury that they are capable of for a very high number of times. I know that this is essentially a loot-crawler so we're going to be doing that anyway, but I feel like at the beginning you can at least have the appearance of progression in loot-crawlers. Also, in being stuck on Mercury like that, they are unable to get any of the parts for the better gear. It feels like a very cyclical problem.

As someone posted in another thread on this matter, the read doors could probably be opened by their own crew members. However, if that's the logic they're taking, then how about giving the Tenno a way to fuse or lock-down a door so that they can't come through? Honestly, I think that'd be the interesting approach, make us able to fuse doors and break robot spawners so that it's the players choice how much stuff can re-spawn behind or in front of them.

That'd be cool. +1. (emphasis mine).