Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanfiction] Dragged Into The Void

Tesseract_The_Pariah

My feet clanked on the metal floor beneath me. The energy of Speed coursing through my body, I was running. Running from the Grineer.

We had not expected the incursion. They'd taken over part of the Corpus freighter we were on, and had sabotaged the reactor before us. Impossibly well equipped, they took out almost all of the Corpus on board, and we were caught by surprise.

They'd taken out our Trinity.

They'd killed our Ash.

They'd shattered my Wyrm.

All that was left was Me, a Volt, and our Rhino. He'd been able to survive through Iron Skin, but now he was out of energy. And I had enough left for one more Speed boost. I'd used most of it to get away, and shared my speed with Rhino.

We sped through the burning corridors, the smell of melting circuitry slithering through the filters. A rocket exploded a few feet from me, and knocked me to the side. My head pounding, I rolled to face forward. I was in an exterior facing room, with large panoramic windows facing the Void of space, with Neptune staring back at us. I looked left, and found the Rhino finishing off a lancer. I looked right, and saw the warped dent in the metal where the rocket had it.

I weakly sat up and looked behind me, and saw the Bombard aiming at us. I could see his finger squeezing back the trigger, and I could hear the motors revving up, charging the rocket. I drew my Lex, and squeezed the trigger.

Both the muzzle flashes of our weapons flared into existence at the same time, and the projectiles flew from the barrels at the same time. In my adrenaline drenched reality, I could watch my bullet spinning in the air, and the rocket flying towards me.

Speed wearing off, the projectiles accelerated closer to one another. I could hear my Lex's receiver priming for another round, the pin sliding back, and the shell of the previous bullet falling. The bullet and rocket united, and with the spark of their impact, the Speed fully wore off. I could make out the rocket flying off course before there was a loud explosion, followed by a sharp whistling sound.

I was jarred by the shockwave, and was suddenly being pulled towards the void of space. I looked at the window. It was severely cracked. The decompression kicking in, my Warframe sealed to be air tight, with a small thunk. I looked back towards the Bombard, and saw that he was priming yet another rocket. I fired my Lex at his head once more, cracking his visor.

The Rhino, looking much worse for wear, charged from my periphreal vision towards the bombard, Fragor drawn. Panicking, the Bombard fired his last rocket at the Rhino, blowing them both to bits. The shockwave rattled the room, and cracked the glass even more. I could see the air forming currents, being claimed by the void.

I struggled to my feet, discovering that several bones were broke. Wincing, I ignored the pain and wobbled towards the door on the opposite side of the room.. I was not going to give up. Using the walls for support, I limped halfway across the room when Lancers charged in through it. They leveled their rifles, and hailed lead towards me.

I used the last of my energy to create a shield, but the bullets ricocheted and the lancers were awful shots. A couple bullets hit the window, and it formed even more cracks. The window suddenly became opaque with cracks, creating a sound like steam forming. Then it exploded into a hail of glass, being sucked into the void.

I drew and slammed my Cronus into the floor as the decompression dragged the lancers, screaming, into the void. My sword formed a great gash in the floor as I was being dragged into space, my fingers in what would be a white knuckle grip. Then my strength faltered, I had lost too much blood.

I hands gave out from the strain, and I was whipped into the cold darkness of the void. I looked back at the Corpus freighter, before tumbling and twisting to get a view of Nepture shining blue in the darkness of space.

My joints went numb as the piercing cold shut down the systems of my Warframe. My broken bones were screaming in pain from the decreasing pressure, and my body felt the cold of space seep in through my damaged Warframe. I drifted like this for a few moments, anticipating my slow demise as my Warframe fought for my life. Then, a yellow diamond appeared on my HUD.

The sloop transport was flying towards me. I looked towards it, and it was only a mile out. Within seconds, it was mere feet away. Twisting, It opened up the Extraction port and angled towards me.

I reached out, and grabbed the handhold. The extra energy flooded my Warframe, and gave me the strength to turn and position myself in the human shaped extraction compartment. My feet slipped in, and at last, my right hand. The compartment started closing, when the remnants of a Lancer slammed into the door. His helmet was cracked open, and I could see his face, half destroyed and full of glass from the explosion. His head was wedged in between the doors.  His eyeball hung by the nerve inches from my face before popping in a small splash of fluid.  His brains spattering across my helmet, I headbutted him and he was reclaimed by the Void as the doors shut.

But me? I was not claimed. Not this day. I closed my eyes and went limp within the Sloop as it flew me home. Not today.

Tell me what you all think!  I <3 your feedback!

Edited by Gaminus