Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Bug - When Being Incapacitated/knocked Down

yuio678

Hello all,

I'm not sure if anyone has the same thing happening as me, but just wanted to report this bug I have consistently seen happening for the past week or so.

During gameplay in any mission, whenever I get knocked down/stunned by an enemy, most often I can't use melee at all for a long time. For some hilarious reason, if I get knocked down by any elites in the same way again, my melee sometimes magically comes back.

This has occurred numerous of times in different mission types, however I cannot say of it happens every single time, just most of the time in my experience.

The following list includes a few example scenarios I encountered that triggered this bug:

- Being knocked down and grappled by a Grineer Scorpion

- Being knocked down by Grineer Heavy Gunners, Napalms and Bombards

- Being knocked down by Shockwave MOAs

- Being stunned multiple times by Infested runners

It does happen everytime you get knocked-down by any enemy cappable to knock-down. With Runners case only when you get stunned enough to get knocked-down (if being stunned just 1-2 times it's still fine). And about how to fix it: yes, i just found it yesterday. When your melee get locked you just need to get knocked-down one more time to get it back working.

Note: 1 more thing. You should have found that melee get locked comes with rolling locked. That's mean you can't rolling while the bug is happening.

interesting info on the rolling lock as well, never tried that. Still, that means if I want melee back then I need to end up dangerously close to knock down enemies.

This spells trouble in general since I like darting in and out of crowds taking down weak enemies with my melee, except my squishy Loki ain't got the armor or health for that :(

interesting info on the rolling lock as well, never tried that. Still, that means if I want melee back then I need to end up dangerously close to knock down enemies.

This spells trouble in general since I like darting in and out of crowds taking down weak enemies with my melee, except my squishy Loki ain't got the armor or health for that :(

You have Shade? Eqquipe him and he'll cloak you after a knock-down.

You have Shade? Eqquipe him and he'll cloak you after a knock-down.

I didn't in the past, but I finally have it's BP now and gonna go get some credits to build it. I have been waiting for so long to use shade since I prefer the stealth in terms of dealing with heavy enemies. Looking forward to getting a bit of breathing room when cloaked after being knocked down :)

I hope DE fixes this eventually. It's no deal breaker since I could outgun my way through or just run. But I would still prefer this bug not hanging around too long

• 1 month later...

This has been happening since about 3 major updates ago, it's now a major issue since it happens 99% of the time when a Valkyr uses Hysteria. Considering how important that skill is to her, this bug needs to be fixed quickly.

Oh jeez! I posted this thread quite some time ago and this still isn't fixed after Update 11?

And I thought just losing my melee with my Loki preventing me from Invis killing was bad, the thought of having Valkyr's Hysteria screwed up would royally suck :(