Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Becoming A Ghost

Amistyrja

This has happened to me 4 times already and I've reached the end of my patience.

After a while of playing in certain missions, particularly Survival - my character lags the hell out and then the following S#&$ can be observed

Unable to use gear items - includes Ammo Boxes and Team Restores

Unable to switch between primary and secondary weapons - Melee still usable

Enemies do not receive damage from character - From both weapons and powers

Unable to interact with level objects - Terminals, panic buttons and explosive barrels etc

Unable to pick up enemy item drops - Ammo, health and energy orbs etc

Please look into it

I've only seen this once in survival and we had probably too many objects on the screen. The floor was covered with energy and health picks as well as two players were using Ignis so there was a lot going on with the graphics. Once it started, it just sort of stayed that way. We opted to extract as it made it very hard to play the game.

what weapons are you using?

Vectis, Embolist and Skana Prime.

I've only seen this once in survival and we had probably too many objects on the screen. The floor was covered with energy and health picks as well as two players were using Ignis so there was a lot going on with the graphics. Once it started, it just sort of stayed that way. We opted to extract as it made it very hard to play the game.

Occurred to me 3 times in Survival and one time in Rescue(which was followed by a host migration that fixed the problem)

hm, reason i ask is that this the exact thing that happened to me where i'm sure it was caused by my ignis (on otherwise pretty good hosts i might add). nitro reporting the same and you using the embolist could hint at the continuous cone of fire weapons being the culprit. though i do not know if those may have been broken recently and/or this is related to certain mods. do you use barrel diffusion and magnum force in your embolist?

Edited by SlyBoots

I'm pretty sure that's just lag. No seriously.

Remember the Survival Event a couple months ago? I could "1-shot" level 112 enemies with a half-ranked Vasto. Not really, but it appeared that way (SO MUCH FUN)

Anyway, Lag is never to be underestimated. It can do anything. ANYTHING.

Edit: We were 47 minutes into the survival too, lots and lots of enemies, orbs, mods, ammo, mines and other shiz lying around like a giant had defecated all over the map. 

Edited by OptimumBow0

hm, reason i ask is that this the exact thing that happened to me where i'm sure it was caused by my ignis (on otherwise pretty good hosts i might add). nitro reporting the same and you using the embolist could hint at the continuous cone of fire weapons being the culprit. though i do not know if those may have been broken recently and/or this is related to certain mods. do you use barrel diffusion and magnum force in your embolist?

Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent active on Embolist

I'm pretty sure that's just lag. No seriously.

i'm sorry but when i am on a good host and this kind of lag related stuff happens in an instant (and it even went away after some minutes of being dead only to reappear when i used the ignis again after reviving) then i kinda get the impression that it's not "just lag".

but weirdly, trying to reproduce it just now with a friend and me using ignis extensively no such thing happened. :/

back to square one...

Edited by SlyBoots

This has also happen to me multiple times as well. Also as a fyi even though you are a "ghost" in game you can actually hurt enemies with a charge attack assuming they are weak enough to get one shotted by the attack. 

Other then that yeah I my powers, gun, regular melee attack did nothing, and could not pick any drops up, and doors will not open for me have to snek by when someone else opens it either ally or enemy.

Same to me today.

I think it happened after a peak of lag. After that, i couldn't pick anything from floor, open doors, ress team mates, hurt enemies, being hurt by enemies.

It was like the tittle, behind a ghost/observer in the middle of a battle.

Btw, it happened in a survival mission in void.

Edited by Xifres

This has also happen to me multiple times as well. Also as a fyi even though you are a "ghost" in game you can actually hurt enemies with a charge attack assuming they are weak enough to get one shotted by the attack. 

Attempted this multiple times, my charged attack was unable to deal any damage at all.

This started happening to me yesterday, i thought everything went normally till my friend went on ahead and i was stuck behind and could not open any doors, i could only pass if my friend came to open them or if i am lucky enough to follow an enemy through, i also did not appear on the map and when stuck behind a door i could not activate a way point so my friend had to search for me.

I could not revive my friend and the doors requiring 2 interactions could be unlocked with just him. Some instances allowed me to kill enemies, but when looking at my friend he was still fighting in an empty room, i noticed ammo drops etc. coming from the spot he attacked which means the enemies i killed was still alive but only to him. Also no enemies attacked me and ignored me completely.

Other instances involved entirely different symptoms, when doing a mission with my ember the 2nd power worked continuously throughout the mission, it was a low level mission so all enemies were catching fire and dying instantly, halfway through my friend said i stopped moving but only to him, since i was running all over the place. He had a loki so he switch teleported with my other immobile self, and no matter where i was, i was teleported and he would be in the spot where i was supposedly motionless. The overheat ability was still working but not with me any more, the power was concentrated in the spot where my friend said i stood, all enemies running past there would catch fire, if by chance my Friend was fighting close to that spot and some enemy blows hit the spot i would receive damage an be knocked over by ancients.

These missions were done with only the 2 of us and my friend as host, but later on, in missions with a full squad it also happened. The occurrence of these problems seem completely random, no fire weapons were involved. I was using the Vectis, Brakk and Machete Wraith, my friend was using Lato, Paris and Skana. This bug was pretty entertaining, but it has become quite bothersome. 

This needs to be fixed soon. Please!

Hi,

something similar happened to me, I could not interact with objects and enemies, could not change weapon, and couldnt pick up anything.  I do not think it was a lag issue, because I could follow other players easily, everything was 'smooth'. However, I had to wait for other players to open doors for me :-). I am sure that I had brakk (as primary probably gorgon). Fortunatelly this happend only once, and it was definitely not survival, nor defence.

Best regards,

Michal

I have been stuch at 300XP to level up for 3 days.  every mission I play black screens.  I'm assuming that I do not get any rewards for finishing, as it's not completingthe sequence. 

I have played MMO's for 2 decades.  I have been unable to find a game that has peaked my interest.  FINALLY, I come upon Warframe and feel that I have found a home again.  This is SO frustrating!!!

All I have is Excaliber, but wonder if I should continue to play if the Dev's are not going to work to fix this issue?  It is a documented issue, and has been for some time.

Kempeck

This bug has wasted my affinity booster. It's wasted the efforts of our Tenno enough. Can we get a response?

i hope we get...and i have no clue why a bug of this sort has not yet been fixed...while they were fixing all the minor bugs during the event...