Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Is Now A Huge Pain (If You're Using A Controller)

OblivionNecroninja

So the lastest update has just removed the 'Camera Controls Melee Direction' option. Or, more accurately, it's removed the ability to DISABLE that option, which means all melee attacks are now locked in whatever direction the camera is facing instead of whatever direction our character is facing. 
For someone using a controller (such as myself) that is virtually unplayable. PLEASE put that option back in.

So the lastest update has just removed the 'Camera Controls Melee Direction' option. Or, more accurately, it's removed the ability to DISABLE that option, which means all melee attacks are now locked in whatever direction the camera is facing instead of whatever direction our character is facing. 

For someone using a controller (such as myself) that is virtually unplayable. PLEASE put that option back in.

That option you speak of was defaulted for me and I didn't like it. It's the controller aim assist I believe.

That option you speak of was defaulted for me and I didn't like it. It's the controller aim assist I believe.

They're not the same. Aim assist is a minor lock-on, "camera controls melee direction" meant that you melee towards the reticule, and having it off meant you could face backwards with the character and melee in the opposite direction to the reticule.

I use a controller often and never had an issue with this feature honestly. I come from playing hundreds of hours from PC too and it never bugged me that much. What does bug me is the S#&$ty aim assisst thing making it impossible to track enemies with a gun and randomly flipping behind me to target my team mates.